Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Home Billiard tournament

Apr 7, 2013

Alternating breaks for the tournament TC? It seems random now who gets the break whereas before it was assigned to the person joining the table first. Maybe it doesn't really matter so much as the special breaks are all but gone.

Message 31 of 151 (255 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 7, 2013

myalana wrote:

Alternating breaks for the tournament TC? It seems random now who gets the break whereas before it was assigned to the person joining the table first. Maybe it doesn't really matter so much as the special breaks are all but gone.

Sorry I didn't add that to the OP, yea players will be alternating breaks. Even tho the special breaks aren't available anymore I still wouldn't want it to give the break to the same person 3 games in a row & they possibly run the table. The other player might feel cheated since they never even got to shoot. Like in the past tourneys we will use the "coin flip" (Heads will break) action to decide who breaks 1st game. Thanks for pointing out the mistake Mya ;^) , I'll update the OP now.    

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 151 (248 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

TC915 wrote:

myalana wrote:

Sorry I didn't add that to the OP, yea players will be alternating breaks. Even tho the special breaks aren't available anymore I still wouldn't want it to give the break to the same person 3 games in a row & they possibly run the table. The other player might feel cheated since they never even got to shoot. Like in the past tourneys we will use the "coin flip" (Heads will break) action to decide who breaks 1st game. Thanks for pointing out the mistake Mya ;^) , I'll update the OP now.    

Oh I didn't consider it a mistake, was just wondering if alternating breaks would be a rule.

Also, I missed seeing this thread on the first page of the Pottermore Central section of the forum. Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 151 (246 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 7, 2013

myalana wrote:

Oh I didn't consider it a mistake, was just wondering if alternating breaks would be a rule.

Also, I missed seeing this thread on the first page of the Pottermore Central section of the forum. Smiley Wink

Haha yea seems Potter not only is trying to take over Home but the forum as well. In case you didn't notice the ForumMods were kind enough to add this thread to the blue sticky section at the top of the page, tho I still appreciate the "bump" ;^) ,.. Hopefully we can convience them to add all user created / sponsored events to that section, lol these contest have all been more enjoyable than any "company" event held in recent memory.

Message 34 of 151 (236 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Apr 7, 2013

TC915 wrote:

myalana wrote:

Haha yea seems Potter not only is trying to take over Home but the forum as well. In case you didn't notice the ForumMods were kind enough to add this thread to the blue sticky section at the top of the page, tho I still appreciate the "bump" ;^) ,.. Hopefully we can convience them to add all user created / sponsored events to that section, lol these contest have all been more enjoyable than any "company" event held in recent memory.

I am very glad the Devs and MODs are taking more notice of the Community event's Sadly I am not happy about the Prize thing again, a few years ago  we had many conversations about the money thing in association with the forums and HOME... TC915, I am by no means saying you fall under this catagory, yet sadly many of the "contests" and "toruneys" that offer money are either rigged, or a promo for some club member, and that is why I do not really like the idea of the money prizes and such, yet I am glad your holding a community event, like I said,, Please do let me know if you ever hold one that does not have prizes... I would love to participate... as for the Community vs company event is involved... I am not sure that is a fair thing to say... its the same thing... People come to your event to win money, and most Dev events are for folks who want to win stuff or Meet what they think is a famous person in our HOME world... If we the community got more involved in community events that had no fame, no money , and no prizes involved, I bet they would be great events cause all the people involved would be there because they really want to be and not cause of some prize associated with the Event.... yet I could be wrong, I have been in the past... Still good luck and hope your all keeping it Fun and Light hearted... 

Photobucket
Message 35 of 151 (225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Patchex wrote:

TC915 wrote:

myalana wrote:

I am very glad the Devs and MODs are taking more notice of the Community event's Sadly I am not happy about the Prize thing again, a few years ago  we had many conversations about the money thing in association with the forums and HOME... TC915, I am by no means saying you fall under this catagory, yet sadly many of the "contests" and "toruneys" that offer money are either rigged, or a promo for some club member, and that is why I do not really like the idea of the money prizes and such, yet I am glad your holding a community event, like I said,, Please do let me know if you ever hold one that does not have prizes... I would love to participate... as for the Community vs company event is involved... I am not sure that is a fair thing to say... its the same thing... People come to your event to win money, and most Dev events are for folks who want to win stuff or Meet what they think is a famous person in our HOME world... If we the community got more involved in community events that had no fame, no money , and no prizes involved, I bet they would be great events cause all the people involved would be there because they really want to be and not cause of some prize associated with the Event.... yet I could be wrong, I have been in the past... Still good luck and hope your all keeping it Fun and Light hearted... 

1st off thank you & I will definitely msg ya the next prize free tourney we have ;^) ,.. yea I could see why some dislike the concept of having prizes, but sadly alot of ppl just tag that too a contest / tourney because they didn't win it. I've even seen ppl say most of the Dev giveaways are rigged, even if the Dev holds it on multiple platforms (FB, Twitter, forums). Tho I am sure there are those that may do that but as for mine & the recent ones started up by Mya, Thew, Mur, LT, Lego, Ledis, Elway (sorry if I left a name off) were all just for fun & open to any forum member. These basically started because ppl were sick of seeing nothing but negative threads & bickering on the forum & these events brought a little positivity too the forum IMO. I have held Home tourneys before w/ just ppl on my friends list & not because I didn't want a stranger too win per se, but because I felt like doing something cool for my friends. In all honesty I didn't even msg 1 person on my friends list about this tourney, because if I did lol it would sort of be rigged cause 99% of my list are pool sharks & I know alot of the forum users aren't. Now I can't say a friend won't be in it because if anyone sees the thread & signs up they are in regardless of friendships. That is 1 reason I decided not too play myself on the off chance I won someone would say "see I knew it was rigged".  I respect everyones opinion & realize no matter how "straight-up" the contest / tourney is there will always be someone that swears it's rigged. All I can do is say the truth & move on. I will let you know of any tourneys we have tho & good luck w/ your weekly chess matches, I hope they are going great & drama free ;^)

Message 36 of 151 (210 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Count me in Smiley Happy

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 37 of 151 (186 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Added your name to the OP, thanks for entering & Good luck

Message 38 of 151 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I am a terrible billiards player, but will be glad to root for all of the players. Prizes or not, this trend has added a much needed breathe of fresh air to many of us who have participated or hosted these events. If you just want to compete but not receive a prize, just do so. You can either use your prize for a future contest or ask the host to give the prize to another contestant.

I have met so many of the forum members in the Home environment and my life is richer for getting to know them better. Thanks TC for taking the time to add another exciting forum member event for our community. Good luck and have fun. 

Mur

PS Stand back if watching the contest, I understand some of you have a mean break. Muttering ...need an ice pack for my head. Smiley Frustrated

Posted Image
Message 39 of 151 (175 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 9, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

I am a terrible billiards player, but will be glad to root for all of the players. Prizes or not, this trend has added a much needed breathe of fresh air to many of us who have participated or hosted these events. If you just want to compete but not receive a prize, just do so. You can either use your prize for a future contest or ask the host to give the prize to another contestant.

I have met so many of the forum members in the Home environment and my life is richer for getting to know them better. Thanks TC for taking the time to add another exciting forum member event for our community. Good luck and have fun. 

Mur

PS Stand back if watching the contest, I understand some of you have a mean break. Muttering ...need an ice pack for my head. Smiley Frustrated

Yea I have really enjoyed all the forum based community event/contest so far. Each one has gotten better & better. That's a good point Mur, anyone is welcome to enter & yes as far as the prize is concerned any winners are free to use the prize how they see fit. Whether it be using it too sponsor their own event or passing it to the next person in line. Mya did this in the "Rabbit Hunt" held by LT, & if I'm not mistaken she actually won in 2 rounds but wouldn't accept the prize so the next person got her spot. Also not every prize has to try & top the previous event, remember the "Lame Contest" started this round of forum contests & tourneys, w/ small gift machine items & those were just as fun as any held thus far. Prizes aren't what these are about imo, it's more about getting a good laugh from the theme of the contest or meeting new ppl & sitting around bs'n. No thanks necessary Mur, just happy to be able to add to the list & give the ppl that have held multiple events a week off lol. Thanks goes too all the host & participants in every event held, the more ppl involved the more events can be held w/out breaking just a few ppl's wallets. Good luck to everyone & I can't wait to see what the next event will be!!

Message 40 of 151 (167 Views)