May 05 2007
By: AcE218 Splicer 71 posts

Home Beta mess up?? Any news yet??

15 replies 30 views Edited May 5, 2007
So after going through a few threads, most people agree that this is easily the most unstructured and frustrating beta acceptance that anyone has ever seen/been a part of. Is it even possible that Sony could have mess up something this big? While maybe there might be someone who maybe a giant f* up, could they also have mess it up cas it was their first time trying to get something across to only a select few users? It seems like it isn't such an easy task in the first place. Making it only available to certain peoples networks, and probably implementing some kind of security feature where the beta can ONLY be used by the PS3 that is registered by that user.

Anyway, just wanted to share some stuff I had on my mind.

Also, have there been any official annoucements yet on why it went so bad, or does anyone think there will be?
Message 1 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Home Beta mess up?? Any news yet??

May 5, 2007
Huh??
what are you talking about?
Whats so bad?
they sent out a bunch of email to see who was interested
selected a certian #  of those people..
delivered the beta to those peoples store..
opened the server,and sent all the people a congrats email..

Message 2 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
71 posts

May 5, 2007
well first of all, many people started finding the Home Beta in their stores very early on, before emails were sent out. After that they slowly started to trickle in. People were finding it in weird places like Blu Ray Movies, etc. And there are still a number of people who recieved emails and have STILL not been able to find the download in their stores.

idk but to me it seems very unstructured.
Message 3 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

May 5, 2007
What? The beta didn't mess up, its just not open.
Message 4 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

May 5, 2007

Ace218 wrote:
So after going through a few threads, most people agree that this is easily the most unstructured and frustrating beta acceptance that anyone has ever seen/been a part of. Is it even possible that Sony could have mess up something this big? While maybe there might be someone who maybe a giant f* up, could they also have mess it up cas it was their first time trying to get something across to only a select few users? It seems like it isn't such an easy task in the first place. Making it only available to certain peoples networks, and probably implementing some kind of security feature where the beta can ONLY be used by the PS3 that is registered by that user.

Also, have there been any official annoucements yet on why it went so bad, or does anyone think there will be?

I doubt there will be any official announcements about it because it hasn't gone that badly.  Things like the download being in the wrong location and the timing of the emails being a bit off are very minor issues in my opinion.  What did go badly though are a lot of people's expectations and attitudes.  Being involved in any beta is a priviledge and not a right or entitlement as some people seem to think.  A beta is about helping out the developers and improving the product, not about one's own personal enjoyment and fun.  By reading some of the angry posts on these boards, it's easy to see where some peoples real motivation was at.  Hundreds of thousands of people want to be in Home beta and not a one of them is more entitled to be included than any one else.
Message 5 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6938 posts

May 5, 2007
Stop complaining it went fine , people just got their e-mails after it showed up in the store.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 5, 2007
its a beta after all. I think its supposed to be a little messed up.
Message 7 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

May 5, 2007

Shalatii wrote:

Ace218 wrote:

I doubt there will be any official announcements about it because it hasn't gone that badly.  Things like the download being in the wrong location and the timing of the emails being a bit off are very minor issues in my opinion.  What did go badly though are a lot of people's expectations and attitudes.  Being involved in any beta is a priviledge and not a right or entitlement as some people seem to think.  A beta is about helping out the developers and improving the product, not about one's own personal enjoyment and fun.  By reading some of the angry posts on these boards, it's easy to see where some peoples real motivation was at.  Hundreds of thousands of people want to be in Home beta and not a one of them is more entitled to be included than any one else.

Perfectly put.  I completely agree.
Message 8 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2867 posts

May 5, 2007
This is not the way to handle your rage.
=================
Photobucket
=================
Message 9 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

May 5, 2007
yea i agree with you. i just saw a bunch of people saying they messed it up, but of course none if them got in lol. sony rules
Message 10 of 16 (30 Views)
0 Likes