Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Re: Home Beta Slow Rollout Theory

May 4, 2007
This would make sense to me, considering there have been many people that said they checked the store once and it wasn't there, and when they checked later it was. To me, that alone seems to me like they are accepting people in at a First-Come-First-Serve rate by who applied to the invites first, until they fill up the spots. Slow rollout seems like that's what happened today, but only time will tell..
PSN: thisislink
Message 11 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1249 posts

May 4, 2007

sephiroth_unlimited wrote:
Quite a number of people have gotten the beta after periodically checking their store for hours. It could be possible, who know. However, the fact that there are indeed confirmation emails sent, I think its done for already.

Yeah, but even with the beta invite, people got the email at different times. If this slow rollout theory is true, I think sony would send an email only after they've uploaded home for you... (Meaning confirmation emails could come out at any time from today to next week, etc...)
Message 12 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1269 posts

May 4, 2007

jitty9 wrote:

Quite a number of people have gotten the beta after periodically checking their store for hours. It could be possible, who know. However, the fact that there are indeed confirmation emails sent, I think its done for already.

Yeah, but even with the beta invite, people got the email at different times. If this slow rollout theory is true, I think sony would send an email only after they've uploaded home for you... (Meaning confirmation emails could come out at any time from today to next week, etc...)

could be but the other betas i have done they sent the emails at the same time,but this can be different.

update portable ID select html
Message 13 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

May 4, 2007
one thing i believe we should consider is that SCEA is not conducting this beta... SCEE is. it could be that SCEE runs things such as betas differently than SCEA would normally do it.
PS Network ID: tuazn4u
Message 14 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

May 4, 2007
well considering the beta is the first one downladed from the psn srore I would think many thinges could be unique...but not beyond the scope of common reason;.
Message 15 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1440 posts

May 4, 2007
yeah, so far i have not seen many people saying they got the beta.  from the looks a lot of people got the 1st one and not the second, or that a lot of people got the download/comfirmation e-mail but just arent talking.  how many invites do you think they sent out?  and how many gap members are there anyway?  i know im one but thats it.  i thought there are only like a couple thousand.
GAP.SOCOM.
Message 16 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 4, 2007

jitty9 wrote:

I got my invite on 4/25 at 7:57pm CST but I was out of town and when I got home on 4/26 I saw the invite and was able to sign up.  It was about 7pm on CST 4/26 when I filled out the info for the beta.  Hopefully since I was so late, they still accept me.  I got in right before the cutoff.
Message 17 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1069 posts

May 4, 2007
i remeber when i was choosed for the beta of socom 3  many had their logo on the board as beta testers and i didn't had mine ... everybody told me i wouldn't be part of that beta .... 12 hours later ... guess who got the beta logo

I'm sure there will be a couple of waves of invitation for home
Message 18 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes