May 04 2007
By: Dead_Air Uncharted Territory 2101 posts

Home Beta: Either Now or Never

17 replies 7 views Edited May 4, 2007
Well, obviously the home beta is said and done. For those that have gotten a sign-up email, yet no download, chances are very slim. If you haven't even gotten an email, then count yourselves out. I did not get the email, so no beta for me. Now that everything is over, I will resume life as it was prior to all of this Hoop-la and wait until October. I am not at ALL interested in the open beta in August, because why would I short myself when the real thing comes out 2 months later; Therefore,  I officially proclaim that I am no longer pursuing an "interest" in any form of Home Beta, due to the simple fact that if I continue to fail, when the real deal comes out all I will be left with is a bitter after-taste -which will ruin the experiance.

The happiest day of my PS-life will be when I log onto the PS store (sometime in OCT) and Home is ready for download. Until then, I will push it to the back of my mind. Out of curiosity, who here is willing to pursue the Home beta in hopes that they may get in before the offical launch? Who here will simply cut their losses and wait?
Message 1 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Re: Home Beta: Either Now or Never

May 4, 2007
nice post... i agree...people need to stop making assumptions now, no more theories of "if's" and "maybe", its over, then its over...they're not sending out anymore emails, they dont do things in intervals.
psn id: shadyjoker

mgo id: shady
src="http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/AceSpades_01/GAP.jpg">

Message 2 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13410 posts

May 4, 2007
I agree with you brother.

Message Edited by Zinacef on 05-04-2007 02:54 PM
CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

May 4, 2007
As beta testing is to make the product better, and to test the loads on servers, I see no reason to think that being in an August Beta is shorting ones self. You are still aiding in the process and getting to be part of helping Sony out. It is about the product and not about feeling personally slighted. I for one would be happy to join in that Beta period if it indeed happens. If not, then thats life and I am sure the finished product will be worth the wait.

Message Edited by Dalai_Llama on 05-04-2007 02:01 PM
Duke
Gamertag: Dalai_Llama
XBL:NATO Duke
Message 4 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

May 4, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:
Well, obviously the home beta is said and done. For those that have gotten a sign-up email, yet no download, chances are very slim. If you haven't even gotten an email, then count yourselves out. I did not get the email, so no beta for me. Now that everything is over, I will resume life as it was prior to all of this Hoop-la and wait until October. I am not at ALL interested in the open beta in August, because why would I short myself when the real thing comes out 2 months later; Therefore,  I officially proclaim that I am no longer pursuing an "interest" in any form of Home Beta, due to the simple fact that if I continue to fail, when the real deal comes out all I will be left with is a bitter after-taste -which will ruin the experiance.

The happiest day of my PS-life will be when I log onto the PS store (sometime in OCT) and Home is ready for download. Until then, I will push it to the back of my mind. Out of curiosity, who here is willing to pursue the Home beta in hopes that they may get in before the offical launch? Who here will simply cut their losses and wait?

Welcome to the club .... I came to the peace with not having the beta before NA had it and I got an invite. I still got Spiderman 3 for PS3, my Wii, the Halo 3 beta,and summer to look forward to. I'm glad there is a few people out here that's accepting the fact that they may not or won't get into the beta. I'm not saying give up hope for those who still want to see if they can get in between now and when the full version comes out, but try not to hold it against Sony or anyone who got in the beta because in the end you get a full version of Home for free .
Photobucket
Message 5 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

May 4, 2007

rayaguilar wrote:
I agree! One thing, I can almost bet my life that people who got the beta dont deserve it! I have spent so money buy this unit and then spending more money at the store. I have used my PS3 more than most. I have folded for countless hours my profile is always logged in even now that I am at work. Still as Sony always does, they fail to recognize the gamers who matter most. My buddy was one of the lucky ones to get the home beta and he does not play at all. I call him all the time and just about beg him to get on Motorstorm or Resistance and yet he gets the beta? **bleep**.

A loyal fan

LOL.....there is life after not getting into the Home beta!!
Photobucket
Message 6 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 4, 2007
I agree! One thing, I can almost bet my life that people who got the beta dont deserve it! I have spent so much money to buy this unit and then spending more money at the store. I have used my PS3 more than most. I have folded for countless hours, my profile is always logged in even though I am at work. Still as Sony always does, they fail to recognize the gamers who matter most. My buddy was one of the lucky ones to get the home beta and he does not play at all. I call him all the time and just about beg him to get on Motorstorm or Resistance and yet he gets the beta? WTH!

A loyal fan

Message Edited by rayaguilar on 05-04-2007 12:06 PM
Message 7 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 4, 2007
No tihs Sherlock! What I am saying is that people like me and you who would utilize it dont get the chance to. People like my buddy who will register his name and play for maybe 10-15 min wont.
Message 8 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

May 4, 2007
Like I said.....read the second post above this one
Photobucket
Message 9 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

May 4, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

It can go both way, it depends on what you are tryign to get out o the beta. are you just trying to experience the beta or actually give feeback to make the Home interface better for the rest. I am personally still very interested. i would like to give as much input as possible. it makes a better product for me when it comes out.

i hope they have littlebigplanet, and killzone beta .. o yeah warhawk too.
Message 10 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes