Apr 01 2009
By: jiggyteddy Ghost of Sparta 15807 posts

Home 1st Quarter Assessment Grade 78.97, C+, n=34 Whats Your's?

70 replies 86 views Edited Apr 1, 2009

This is the current data through post 69, n=34

Grade        Frequency            Numerical Equivalent

A+                  1                              (100-97)

A                                                   (96.9-93)

A-                  4                              (92.9-90)

B+                                                 (89.9-87)

B                   3                              (86.9-83)

B-                  7                              (82.9-80)

C+                 3                              (79.9-77)

C                   6                              (76.9-73)

C-                  4                              (72.9-70)

D+                                                 (69.9-67)

D                   2                              (66.9-63)

D-                  1                              (62.9-60)

F                    3                              Below 60

n  = 34

median  =  C+

mode  =   B-

mean  =   2612/33  = 78.97

Now that the 1st quarter of home's release has passed us (released 12/12/08), I revive this idea like promised in the previous thread here FIRST Month Assessment Grade (n=76)

The Final Tally looked like this:

Grade        Frequency            Numerical Equivalent

A+                 1                            (100-97)

A                   2                            (96.9-93)

A-                  2                            (92.9-90)

B+                 2                             (89.9-87)

B                   4                             (86.9-83)

B-                  10                              (82.9-80)

C+                 12                              (79.9-77)

C                   13                             (76.9-73)

C-                  13                              (72.9-70)

D+                 4                              (69.9-67)

D                   5                               (66.9-63)

D-                  4                                (62.9-60)

F                   4                                Below 60

n  =76

median  =  C

mode  =  C

mean  =   5692/76  =  74.89

With that said.... lets get the 1st quarter marks out there!

B-

Yep... there it is.  Why do I grade home that way this quarter?  It has been improved in my eyes.  They (meaning the app) are still just getting their feet wet.

For starters, I look at gamespaces as the single most important thing in keeping home a refreshing experience and keeping the casual homer interested.  I feel that if the devs can deliver this one key ingredient, the people will stay as well as the user base expanding.  Now look at what we have this calendar year:

Uncharted-Sully's Bar

Red Bull Air Race

Resident Evil 5 Studio Lot

Far Cry 2-Train Station and Reuben's Office

Warhawk

If you look at that list... we got 2 out of the 3 that were promised last year (Resistance is still a no show).  With the Warhawk space, it proves that it truly does exist!  

Still need more though, ultimately that complaint will probably never die.  You simply won't be able to please everyone.  And then you will have those that think there should be some full fledged game in there... which is mostly absurd.  That is what games are for.  I only expect mini games, which give me a fix for a couple minutes.... then it is pretty much over for me.  But visiting new spaces is always exciting the first couple times because of the great detail it provides so far.  Plus a change of scenery is always awesome too!

Yes, the EA space is coming soon, but we don't know when yet, so we can only wait for that.  I don't expect anything deep out of that, but we'll see when it goes live.

Game launching still only exists with a few titles.  However, with RE5 literally upon us, hopefully this is a trend of better incorporation to follow.

I am very pleased that a big title like RE5 is capable of this.

With that said, the events are pretty cool so far.  There has been an exclusive T shirt contest as well as the Ninja Dress Up event that went down in the gamers lounge.

It was great to see so many people online and mingling.  It was also a great display of server strength, which I muse reiterate again, held up VERY well in our instance.  My hats off to you devs.

Moderation was also pretty tight during the event, which is always a great sign.  In general I think the mods have been doing whatever they can.  It is an evolving process, so not too much worry there.

Mics.  Yes.  It is still gone from the public spaces.

Major hamper in my opinion, but they say it will be back sometime... so we'll see.  Jury still out on that one.  I still stick to my guns on this--takes a bit of the "social" out of the app.  

Looking forward to it being restored... and as long as moderation is on their toes with this, I'm sure there will be a drop in stupidity.

Clubs and personal spaces

Well... I'm not sure if the capacity can be raised here because quite frankly, it is pretty low.  That is somewhat disappointing, and if this is due to the business strategy, then so be it.  I can totally understand capping it at the current amount so that users spend more dough.  Got it.  That is business, nothing personal.  

Now lets hear how you guys grade the first quarter of home going live so far! 

It was pretty cool to hear all the responses from the previous assessment, so I anticipate hearing some more now that home has been around a little while longer.  Those that took part the last time, definitely go back and check out what your wrote then, and compare it to what you feel now.  If the grade is the same, tell us again.  If it has changed, then be sure to enlighten some of us!  And for those that didn't participate the first time, why not now?  

Please participate by providing a letter grade, and some reasoning why home receives that grade for you.  You can illustrate your reason in any way like... as others did in the past.  

Thank you for your participation and cooperation!

PS:  I will build up another table as soon as data starts rolling along.

PPS:  Please don't "quote" the OP... it is too long.  If you have to, try to copy and paste so that the post doesn't look cluttered!

PPPS:  Remember... home is a "beta" now... so these grades will likely never be final, but a current assessment of your thoughts.

Message Edited by jiggyteddy on 04-01-2009 01:59 PM
Message 71 of 71 (86 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7794 posts

Re: Your Home 1st Quarter Assessment Grade Is...

Mar 12, 2009
i give it a B i feel that the time is coming that home is going to get better and its starting to show with game launching new clothing, and new content on the way.
Message 1 of 71 (86 Views)
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Mar 12, 2009
Still an F for me Smiley Tongue
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 71 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Mar 12, 2009
hm....

Conspiracy:Walkthrough.

Message 3 of 71 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6286 posts

Mar 12, 2009
Still is hovering right below a B- for me. So A C+ still. I feel that there is so much potential, but yet nothing stunning has come to pass. Once the EA space comes I think it could possibely jump to a B+ because I like poker. Hahaha lol
Message Edited by Chipe13 on 03-12-2009 10:58 AM
http://www.chaselester.com
Message 4 of 71 (86 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

Mar 12, 2009
A "B-" sounds reasonable to me compared to my last grade of C-. So far, there has been an almost steady content update that has helped but when in concern with useable features, nothing much has changed. From now on, my grade will remain at a B- until the most requested features makes it's debut or re-debut. Such as TV's, Radios, Picture Frames, Home Games (like what Japan has with the Siren Hospital), etc. They can add as many new spaces as they want, but it won't change my overall grade or opinion! lol
Message Edited by TitusF on 03-12-2009 10:58 AM

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 5 of 71 (86 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Mar 12, 2009
I would give it a A-. Sure it is still lacking quite a bit but there are a lot of factors that go into that. Just be glad you own the only next-gen system capable of running Home.
Support PS3 Cross game chat!
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/cross-game-voice-chat/
Message 6 of 71 (86 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 12, 2009
Why are you guys always so hard on Sony?  I give Sony's Home an A- for Q1 but lets also not forget that Q1 is not done yet and we are still going to get a more stuff EA and a new or updated Home squar square and the Xi.  Just to name a few.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 7 of 71 (86 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Mar 12, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
Why are you guys always so hard on Sony?  I give Sony's Home an A- for Q1 but lets also not forget that Q1 is not done yet and we are still going to get a more stuff EA and a new or updated Home squar square and the Xi.  Just to name a few.

True calendar year Q1 is not over, but I started it at the time home went live, which was 12/12/08.

Sorry for that.  I thought I posted that somewhere?

Message 8 of 71 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
651 posts

Mar 12, 2009

I'll give it a C.

I like the addition of the new spaces, but there is not much to do in them.  Warhawk i think came too late.  I think once the EA space opens up the grade will increase.  I think people want different things to do once the get into these spaces.  Clothing could be better (especially for the women)  all i hear about is where is the clothing for the girls.  I personally would like to see a bunch of different styles of clothing, for example; hip-hop style clothing, prep, cowboy, etc.  Just so people can express who they are you.  i have more to say but i'm tired of typing, been on the computer all day.

magnum05
Message 9 of 71 (86 Views)