Fender Bender
2356 posts

Re: Home 1.75 update

Feb 13, 2013

If I have to restart my avi I'm going to be very upset.  

But I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that our saves being on the servers is both a good thing and bad thing.

Good thing:  We don't have to worry about our saves being corrupted.

Bad thing:  It's on Sony's sever.  And we know how good Sony is with keeping things in check.  Smiley Indifferent

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 11 of 107 (348 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Feb 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

Are you guys looking for to this? me im a bit scared i just hope all go well and nothing gets mess upSmiley Wink

Well let's see... Besides losing about 30 saved layouts for different spaces as we can now only have one - of which some took several days to complete.

And besides the fact that I am about to lose over 40 saved character settings (various celebrity and famous look-a-alike avatars I've made over the years) - some of which took a very long time to get the facial characteristics just right.

And besides the fact that just this week I had to replace a corrupted Home saved data file with a back up copy (which we will no longer be able to do after this update) which saved me hours of work.

Besides all that... Yeah can't wait.... No really, I can wait!  Take another month Sony and before you do this, why not add the ability for us to save multiple layouts and mulitple sets of character saves BEFORE you make us lose all our work.  After all, these have been requested and suggested features for over four years now - even during the closed beta!  Yet to this day no Home staff member has even responded to these requests.

While you are at it, why not add a second storage folder for items (wardrobe, furnishings, inventory) so that we can finally have a place to put all our items we rarely if ever use.  As it is now, the current storage folder is simply a spill over forcing items we use into the wasteland of items we rarely use.  This also has been an extremely popular and frequently requested and suggested change that also has never gotten a response to by any Home staff.

Oh well.  These days I've come to expect the worst regarding the management and decision making from those running Home.   Why they even bother having a suggestions thread is beyond me.

Come on, mate.  Why are you so stressed over all that?

You can have new colours for your pop-ups now.  If you pay for PS Plus, of course. Smiley Frustrated

castle3
Message 12 of 107 (333 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Soulycon wrote:

Good thing:  We don't have to worry about our saves being corrupted.

Bad thing:  It's on Sony's sever.  And we know how good Sony is with keeping things in check.  Smiley Indifferent

Exactly why do you think having the saves on their serever will keep them from getting corrupted?  I already had two of my game saves corrupted that were saved to their servers (PS+ storage).  Fortunately in one case I had an older backup saved to my PC, but the other I had to start my game from scratch.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 13 of 107 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Soulycon wrote:

Sure, what could possibly go wrong?

castle3
Message 14 of 107 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Well at least i'm not the only one here worry about this in the end i hope for the best and if it fails well at least we all go together 

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 15 of 107 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 13, 2013

btw what dose it mean we get one avi save like we get to have our Female and male? or just one? i do not use my male much {i'm a girl} but i do love his set up he looks like 009 and id hate to not have it

Message 16 of 107 (313 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28241 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

btw what dose it mean we get one avi save like we get to have our Female and male? or just one? i do not use my male much {i'm a girl} but i do love his set up he looks like 009 and id hate to not have it

If you use Home on different PlayStation 3s, the one you turn on right after the update will be the one whose saves will be saved on the servers. So, if you have favorite saves on a specific PS3, be sure that's the one you use when the update goes live.

This will allow any PS3 we use to have the same saves no matter if it's our PS3 or a friends, or even a brand new console.

This would have been handy for me when one of my PS3s died a few years ago. I had to reset everything. And for some people, that can be pretty painful.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 17 of 107 (297 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Personally, I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.

Tonight, I was on home for about 45 minutes and had to shut off my PS 4 times and repair my HDD 4 times. My play time in that 45 minutes was about 10 minutes, whoopee!!!!!!

I won't be venturing on home tomorrow at all, until I review the forums and see all your various comments, although some of you lucky PS home users, don't seem to have very many issues with disconnects or freezing, at least you rarely speak of them.

Maybe you are just saving face with SONY, I really don't know.

Am I nervous? You betcha, after all, I do love to play on home and can't imagine not being able to do so.

So...........Just have to wait and see.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 18 of 107 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

If you use Home on different PlayStation 3s, the one you turn on right after the update will be the one whose saves will be saved on the servers. So, if you have favorite saves on a specific PS3, be sure that's the one you use when the update goes live.

This will allow any PS3 we use to have the same saves no matter if it's our PS3 or a friends, or even a brand new console.

This would have been handy for me when one of my PS3s died a few years ago. I had to reset everything. And for some people, that can be pretty painful.

ty and i too understand my first ps3 stop working and i had to do the same i lost my points at edo and the kingdom

Message 19 of 107 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

Except you had the option to make backups and restore those files, just as easily as making copies of the files and transferring them to a second, third or however many PS3's you like.  

However, after this update you won't.  And any file that get's corrupted will now get wiped out.  If it's the Character Settings you'll lose all your avatars.  If it's a file for a space, you'll lose your entire layout, regardless of how many hours you may have put into it's design.  If they end up also placing the Script file on the servers and it get's corrupted, it means losing all your progress on several of the different games/activities in Home.

Before the update - you can easily backup and restore any corrupted file and or use the same or different files on multiple PS3s - the choice was up to you.

After the update - you won't have either of these options.

Only a very biased person would consider this a positive change.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 20 of 107 (271 Views)
0 Likes