Feb 13 2013
By: hazu360 Wastelander 504 posts

Home 1.75 update

106 replies 890 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

Are you guys looking for to this? me im a bit scared i just hope all go well and nothing gets mess upSmiley Wink

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 1 of 107 (890 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Re: Home 1.75 update

Feb 13, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

Are you guys looking for to this? me im a bit scared i just hope all go well and nothing gets mess upSmiley Wink

I am very weary of the data coruption and freezes for this core update, Making it difficult to play games with you. Smiley Sad

sword-art-online
Message 2 of 107 (876 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Feb 13, 2013
I just wish physical backups were able to be used after this just in case something screws up, like it's bound to do.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 107 (871 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Feb 13, 2013

hazu360 hazarded:

:^/ I recall that the same week it was announced, Sony's servers had troubles with resulted in about forty-eight hours down time. Afterward, all of the clubhouses lost their furniture data. Technically, it wasn't lost, but the server it was hosted on wouldn't share it, likely due to a sharing permission isssue. It was eventually corrected, but people lost a lot of confidence in Sony after that.

Personally, I think that any new innovation brings with it new ways to goof thins up. I have my doubts. Certainly there will be troubles.

Message 4 of 107 (862 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

I am very weary of the data coruption and freezes for this core update, Making it difficult to play games with you. Smiley Sad

no i'm sure it will not make it more lagy for say you in JP but i'm more worry about home geting more slow the last few weeks all the boots and lag i just pray this will fix it and not end homeRobot tongue

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 5 of 107 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

Well let's see... Besides losing about 30 saved layouts for different spaces as we can now only have one - of which some took several days to complete.

And besides the fact that I am about to lose over 40 saved character settings (various celebrity and famous look-a-alike avatars I've made over the years) - some of which took a very long time to get the facial characteristics just right.

And besides the fact that just this week I had to replace a corrupted Home saved data file with a back up copy (which we will no longer be able to do after this update) which saved me hours of work.

Besides all that... Yeah can't wait.... No really, I can wait!  Take another month Sony and before you do this, why not add the ability for us to save multiple layouts and mulitple sets of character saves BEFORE you make us lose all our work.  After all, these have been requested and suggested features for over four years now - even during the closed beta!  Yet to this day no Home staff member has even responded to these requests.

While you are at it, why not add a second storage folder for items (wardrobe, furnishings, inventory) so that we can finally have a place to put all our items we rarely if ever use.  As it is now, the current storage folder is simply a spill over forcing items we use into the wasteland of items we rarely use.  This also has been an extremely popular and frequently requested and suggested change that also has never gotten a response to by any Home staff.

Oh well.  These days I've come to expect the worst regarding the management and decision making from those running Home.   Why they even bother having a suggestions thread is beyond me.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 107 (825 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5826 posts

Feb 13, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

Change in general can some times be a scary thing. Let's hope for the best cross our fingers and take the plunge.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 7 of 107 (823 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

I'm very nervous about this update. They better not destroy Home with this, I really hope this will be a fine update, If not, well, I have my rosary with me ^_^

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 8 of 107 (808 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I'm a bit nervous about what we'll be greeted with when Home reopens tomorrow morning (assuming there's no delay). Not that it will probably do any good, but I think I'll back up one more time tonight and then venture into Home for the 1st time tomorrow on an alt account. Testing the waters so to speak.

Message 9 of 107 (800 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Feb 13, 2013
:^/ Good answer, Myalana. I'm backing everything up tonight, also. Just in case.
Message 10 of 107 (789 Views)
0 Likes