Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Home 1.75 update

Feb 14, 2013

Loki6669 wrote:
King, I've searched high and low throughout my home and I'm out of chocolates. We have a cache still. I'm ready for that apology ^^ (dark chocolate orange cremes)

As I've pointed out to you many times now I'm not fighting with you I'm just pointing out what GW said.  You can twist this any way you want and I can't be wrong.  I pointed out and quoted what GW said.  I asked him and he said he didn't know the answer but when he fines out he will get back to me and so far he never did. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 101 of 107 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
282 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I didn't have any problems. Whew! Took about 10 minutes to transfer the data over, I went to my Harbour Studio and voila everything was fine and dandy. All my character saves were safe and my apartment layouts intact. Only issue is the loading arrow won't go away so I'm not able to pick up my Roux Stitchkin from the gift machine. I'm at work on our dinosaur computer so when I get home hopefully that will be remedied. Also I have to say I love the PS+ perks. Color palette is ftw.

MissMajor_ForumSig_Hearts
Message 102 of 107 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Golden PS Plus logo beside the avatar's name label looks pretty tacky?

Does Sony consider this "feature" to be a perk for PS Plus subscribers? How can it be considered a perk to become a walking billboard for Sony's premium service?

I can see the advantages of being a Plus subscriber and I think it sounds like a great deal for gamers who subscribe.  Nonetheless, I can't imagine why people would feel the urge to advertise their membership or why anyone else would ever care who was a Plus member.  I hope that there is an option to disable the Plus sign because I know that that's what I'd be doing immediately.

castle3
Message 103 of 107 (209 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Feb 14, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Golden PS Plus logo beside the avatar's name label looks pretty tacky?

Does Sony consider this "feature" to be a perk for PS Plus subscribers? How can it be considered a perk to become a walking billboard for Sony's premium service?

I can see the advantages of being a Plus subscriber and I think it sounds like a great deal for gamers who subscribe.  Nonetheless, I can't imagine why people would feel the urge to advertise their membership or why anyone else would ever care who was a Plus member.  I hope that there is an option to disable the Plus sign because I know that that's what I'd be doing immediately.

I tried it on for about 30 seconds when I first got on earlier today. I won't do it again. Much like the Plus head items and clothing which I immediately put into storage after I subscribed.

I agree that it is tacky, but personally I don't feel the need to have my PSN ID over my own avatar's head (because, you know, i know my own nickname and don't need a constant reminder) and prefer the look without it, and without my ID there the Plus symbol really annoyed me.

In the end I subscribe to Plus because I like the service, not so I can wave it in front of everyone's noses. If I could disable the Plus symbol from appearing next to my ID on the XMB I would.

Message 104 of 107 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 14, 2013
All my inventory is missin now was there and now there gone how can I get them bk I had alk dance moves and hoover craft n stuff
Message 105 of 107 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

ProfessorTripp wrote:

personally I don't feel the need to have my PSN ID over my own avatar's head (because, you know, i know my own nickname and don't need a constant reminder) and prefer the look without it

Ditto.

Regarding the update in general, there's not much for me to say.

I don't have PS Plus so I can't access the associated features.

Some spaces loaded a little more quickly than usual, some seemed to take longer.

My apartments themselves may have loaded more quickly but the furniture layouts certainly took longer than before to pop up.

I was disconnected from Home a couple times and booted right off the network once.

Thankfully, all my items and save files seemed to be intact.

In other words, my NA Home experience today was absolutely no different than usual.  I guess that I'm satisfied with that but the update did nothing for me as far as I can tell.

EU tweaked their Navigation menu and it looks pretty nice.  I think that the "Recently visited" tab is new there and it will be helpful since i only seem to ever visit 4 or 5 public spaces.

castle3
Message 106 of 107 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Feb 14, 2013

because it's a really good service for the price? Smiley Wink

Message 107 of 107 (103 Views)
0 Likes