Sackboy
282 posts

Re: Home 1.75 update

Feb 13, 2013
For those of you worried about avatar corruption. Take pics of each setting in the creator just in case. I myself have done this. Better safe than sorry^^
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 31 of 107 (281 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Loki6669 wrote:
King, been here since closed beta. Not new at all Smiley Tongue

Second absence of evidence does not constitute evidence. The patchnotes very clearly list CHANGES to the client/service. If it does not list the cache being removed, it is not being removed.

YOU have ASSUMED, in multiple threads, that the cache is being removed. YOU are wrong. I expect an apology from you tomorrow for being WRONG and attempting to spread misinformation.

As for your ridiculous statement "Sony is now telling us that our apartments will now be stored on there servers", ummm... our apartments have ALWAYS been stored on their servers. Only now our furniture layouts are also being stored on their servers.

Oh, and I'm sure GlassWalls is ignoring your query about cache removal because he thinks you're playing some kind of prank on him Smiley Tongue

Anyway, I look forward to your public apology tomorrow Smiley Happy

EDIT: PS. I retract my offer to show you all my new haircolors Smiley Tongue

Moderator.pngGlassWalls wrote:
  • With Patch 1.75 your save data will be transferred from your PS3 hard drive onto the Home Servers.
  • Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.

Funny I asked GW about this and then asked him about the cache and he said he didn't know and that he would get back to me on it when he found out.  But it's very clear in the "Home 1.75 Patch Notes" where it says Home will only read save data from the Home servers from now on.  A cache is saved data so A: GlassWalls does not know the answer to this or B:  Sony will stop using the Cache system in Home from now on.

But lets not forget that I was not just talking about the "cache" wich you seem to be stuck on but also this update will slow down Home in other ways that I pointed out in my past posts.  This update is moving back to an old system that Sony has already tryed in the past and according to Sony's own standards has failed.  Again Sony has not updated us and told us how it could be different this time.  So to me it looks like Sony is doing the same failed system that didn't work.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 32 of 107 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I'm a bit late to the party here. Is it confirmed that the 1.75 update is happening during the weekly Home maintenance tonight/this morning? And if so, should we expect Home to be down even longer than the general maintenance period (+/- 5 hours)?

Message 33 of 107 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Glasswalls didn't know the answer to your question, but of course they are not removing the cache.  I've used 1.75 and yes, it still uses a cache, but will migrate your saved data files from your ps3 to the home server.  If you don't want to migrate when u first use home, you can quit home until you get the files that you want to migrate.  i also didn't notice home being any slower, but that could have been because there are very few users if any on the private beta server.

Underground Member Since 1997
GAP Member since 2003

Message 34 of 107 (229 Views)
Sackboy
282 posts

Feb 13, 2013
*yawn* Boy your arguements are tiresome. Yes YOU keep asserting that the cache is being removed so we'll have to redownload spaces on every visit. My issue is with your spreading of misinformation attempting to sell the end of the world to people.

Cache date is NOT save data. You are simply wrong here. The save data being referred to in the patchnotes is the data under Home in the Saved Data Utility(PS3TM) in the XMB. Really, go look. Then look at the data LISTED in the patchnotes as being moved to server side saves. Notice anything?

Cache data is temporary data cached to the drive to facilitate faster access to scenes.

Storing apartment and character saves on the server now means that the server no longer has to query the host machine for accessory data, upload it and transfer that data to other users in the scene. Now, character clothes and furnishings will be pushed to each end user machine directly without requiring reading a remote hosts settings(character/furnishings). This actually means less lag as an enduser, if this is instituted correctly, as you have LESS network chatter AND we should have MUCH less of that dreaded HDD access lag since we are accessing the HDD LESS.

As it stands now you already have to download all 3D models and textures from the server after reading WHAT needs to be downloaded and where.

I'm sure there will be a hiccup or two at such a major overhaul, but I for one see a LOT of potential for better service here.

Also, WE WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE ANYWHERE!!! Not sure how people keep overlooking the inclusion of a feature asked for since, well, the start of Home Smiley Happy
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 35 of 107 (214 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 13, 2013
On the bright side there's a max of 25 more updates til Home 2.0.
With 4 updates a year, we'll be there in about 6 or 7 years. :-)
Message 36 of 107 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Dirty_NJ wrote:

I'm a bit late to the party here. Is it confirmed that the 1.75 update is happening during the weekly Home maintenance tonight/this morning? And if so, should we expect Home to be down even longer than the general maintenance period (+/- 5 hours)?

yes it the 1.75 update is do out later tonight or day for some 

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 37 of 107 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5649 posts

Feb 13, 2013

psxexpert wrote:

Glasswalls didn't know the answer to your question, but of course they are not removing the cache.  I've used 1.75 and yes, it still uses a cache, but will migrate your saved data files from your ps3 to the home server.  If you don't want to migrate when u first use home, you can quit home until you get the files that you want to migrate.  i also didn't notice home being any slower, but that could have been because there are very few users if any on the private beta server.

How have you used 1.75 when it's not even out yet? Woman Surprised

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 107 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
282 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Beta tester.
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 39 of 107 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 13, 2013
A beta for a beta... curiouser and curiouser...
Message 40 of 107 (166 Views)
0 Likes