Wastelander
412 posts

Re: Hollywood Hills apt blunder this weeks update

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Did anyone else who bought the bundle not receive any of the bonus item? I had a few of them already, but one i didnt have was the active light and i didnt receive it..

Did you look into your storage? If it isn't there either, then try to send a mail using the E-mail account mentioned in the mail of the purchase.

It happened 5 times to me on 2 different accounts that items hadn't load after purchase. Although, I still think that it's a bug that Sony still needs to find, it didn't occur again since I take the following precautions before actually making a purchase;

1) Always deactivate portable items.

2) Raise the HDD space when buying more than 20 loose items at once. You can lower it again after you've made the purchase.

3) When buying a lot of items at once, always do so in a public space with few, to no other players there, or in one of your personal apartments with absolutely not one running active item, be it 'baked in', or not.

It really seems to help for me.

Although, 5 times items didn't load, 5 times did I received my money back after contacting that account on the mail of the purchase, within 3 hours, and without any hassle. So I have to say that Sony's service is excellent. Smiley Happy

Give it a try. I hope it helps you. Smiley Happy  

Message 51 of 58 (486 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Yup looked in storage. It wasnt even showing the purchased icon when i looked in the store. Very well could be step 2 that got me. Im sure my cache is set to 3 since i just reinstalled home recently and hadnt tinkered with the settings since i did it.

Its just one item out of the bundle though i wouldnt feel right asking for 2.99 back when buying the bundle im sure knocked the price down to under a dollar. If it doesnt eventually pop up ill just do without.
Message 52 of 58 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
412 posts

Jun 8, 2013

No no, they don't mind. Even if only 1 item is missing, tell them, and you'll receive your money back. Then you can buy it again and have ALL items. They really don't mind, but they have to know about it, or they can't do anything. That's why you always need to tell them.

That time, I bought the 100 items bundle for $0.99. Afterwards, I noticed that of the 100, 22 items were missing. So I mailed them telling them that the items were missing, they asked for the PSN ID, and other things, and 4 hours later, they had refund $0.99 into my wallet.

I then raised my HDD space, bought the bundle again, and all the items were there. So it works perfectly, but you do need to tell them about it, else they don't know. Don't think that, it's only one item, or only $0.50, cause then they don't know, and thus nothing happens. Just tell them and you'll get your money back.

If everyone does so, then maybe Sony can see a certain pattern, and can finally do something about this error.  

Message 53 of 58 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I wouldn't even know if I had missing items in my 100 items bundle since I didn't know what all came in it, I think I have them all but I can't be certain. I bought those last year now so it is probably too late if things are missing.

Message 54 of 58 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
412 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

That's good one. If I remember correctly, that time they described what was in the bundle. I remember a lot of furniture, female clothes, and male clothes too. I was missing furniture for the most part.

Since I always play with 3GB HDD space, I had all the furniture in storage, so that was easy. For the clothes I counted all the stars. That's how I knew.

I am still missing some items from last year's E3 2012 event, even though, I completed the entire list. But I did had my dog with me all that time, so maybe that's the cause. Think I'll leave him with my parents this time around. lol Woman LOL

Message 55 of 58 (455 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

Jun 8, 2013
I can confirm the basic clubhouse became free as soon as I bought the Cutteridge Estate skin, so maybe it's an issue with the mega bundle and you should request a refund. If anything, when starting a club it's a no-brainer to buy any one of the $4.99 skins when the basic is free.
Message 56 of 58 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

Re: CHEAP MONEY GRUBBING MOVE ON PS HOME!!!!

Jun 8, 2013

a1557851 wrote:

WarriorMac wrote:

And yet i have a big YACHT, from LOOT as well, which CAN do night and day, AND THEN SOME!!!

The details between the yacht vs hollywood hills is different. They might have been able to do it all in one place with like 25~50% quality, but LOOT didn't like it so they went with 2 different spaces. If you prefer the less quality, then tell LOOT about it.

Huh?  How come GZ spaces (public and private) and Avalon Keep, among others have Time of Day changes and have much higher quality and size of space than many others without Time of Day changes?

I'm sorry, but clearly we know its possible, they just went the easy route - and as such I suspect Loot has lost a lot of potential sales, and lost a lot of customer loyalty in the process.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 57 of 58 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
389 posts

Re: CHEAP MONEY GRUBBING MOVE ON PS HOME!!!!

Jun 9, 2013

After looking at everything that comes in the bundle and comparing it with other spaces i've bought it don't seem bad with all the items you get in the bundle.

I used Jewel of Skies I paid 9.99 for as example , I know you can gift people there and there is a game ,now some may like the game but I did not and the onlytime I use that space is when i'm helping others get items.

With the Hollywood Hills spaces in most cases there's something in the bundle that is usefull and you don't own ,for me its a TV ,scope and the newer items. If you don't own alot of these items its well worth it imo.

Onto the spaces , imo the TV ,swimming and radio is well worth it and I do like the space. I will say me and friends get together alot so its nice for us and as a clubhouse I like it as well.

These are just my opinions ,not trying to say i'm right of course because there are many items on home that everyone views differently as far as what the value is.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 58 of 58 (390 Views)
0 Likes