Sep 16 2012
By: Bradley_Davis129 Uncharted Territory 1523 posts

Hillside Decorating challenge!

6 replies 251 views Edited Sep 16, 2012
Hello I recently purchased hillside and I have no idea how too decorate and I figured we could have a decorating challenge so people can get some neat I ideas and cool tricks! So just post a pic and have fun!!!
Goodbye home
Message 1 of 7 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Hillside Decorating challenge!

Sep 16, 2012

Is there a winner and a prize involved Mr. Davis, or merely bragging rights?

Message 2 of 7 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Bragging rights I guues lol its just for fun
Goodbye home
Message 3 of 7 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

Bradley, take it from one who will NEVER give out prizes again:   you do not want anyone participating for anything other than the fun of it and the bragging rights.  Otherwise you are opening a Pandora's box of grief, frustration, and hurt.  People will vilify you if they don't win, or if they don't like your 'prize', or if the code you give out is flawed through no fault of yours.  Stick with the people in Home who do things just for fun.  There are plenty of us.

And disregard the sig.  I do not speak for HSM.  But as one who loves to create my own user-created events, I have learned it is better to go for quality rather than quantity.

Message 4 of 7 (220 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Thanks Keara
Goodbye home
Message 5 of 7 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Keara22HI wrote:

Bradley, take it from one who will NEVER give out prizes again:   you do not want anyone participating for anything other than the fun of it and the bragging rights.  Otherwise you are opening a Pandora's box of grief, frustration, and hurt.  People will vilify you if they don't win, or if they don't like your 'prize', or if the code you give out is flawed through no fault of yours.  Stick with the people in Home who do things just for fun.  There are plenty of us.

And disregard the sig.  I do not speak for HSM.  But as one who loves to create my own user-created events, I have learned it is better to go for quality rather than quantity.

This is quite telling Keara. It's disheartening to know that you experienced such issues from members of the community. I never participated in one of the events you organized, but was impressed reading the posts about them. I'm sorry things went the way they did after you had invested a great deal of time and effort.

Message 6 of 7 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Yes she has had many fun events organized its so sad people would treat her like that I would go just for fun I never win anything anyway lol
Goodbye home
Message 7 of 7 (199 Views)
0 Likes