Oct 25 2013
By: stardeth Survivor 2432 posts
Accepted Solution

Hey y'all, what've I missed?

18 replies 412 views Edited Oct 25, 2013

I haven't personally been in Home in forever (at least a month), so since work's kinda busy right now and I don't have the time I'd like to catch up, what's the haps in Home? Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 1 of 19 (412 Views)
MVP Support
14359 posts

Re: Hey y'all, what've I missed?

Oct 25, 2013

There's are Halloween events going on in Acorn Meadows Park, Glittering Sands Beach, and Serenity Plaza with their own unique and spooktacular rewards. And we had a jolly time at the Dolphy Race in Hudson Gate because of the "Swim for the Cure" for Breast Cancer Awareness Month; it has been extended today and you're more than welcome to come and let the good times roll out with your grand entrance.

It's awesome that you have returned to the forums since your 1 month hiatus.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 2 of 19 (391 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 25, 2013

A gazillion content store items... other than that well. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 19 (384 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

Oct 25, 2013

My god SD, I have no idea on where to begin on that topic.  I've been stranded outside of Home for  more than a week now lol

I suppose you should go visit Serenity Plaza's Halloween Spooktacular for the Vampire and Werewolf rewards... See if YOU are able to unlock those presumed Werewolf Teeth rewards 
(which apparently only a few people got)

Try your hand out at Slim Jim Stage 2 in The Hub to get the LMO Ambulance, or "Manbulance" as we say

Acorn Nightime Park has lots of goodies, D-Nitrate provided some valuable tips on how to win a Scary Race (thx, D)

Go grab the free "Halloween Head Boppers" from JAM Games in the store

And... please locate the 10 Extra Life freebies (also from the store) and zip back here and tell me where they are currently located from the Nav.  Jo told me they were in New and Featured last week, at any rate, I still need to nab them myself!

Hope that helps

Message 4 of 19 (362 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

Oct 25, 2013

A search option for the Inventory or wardrobe will NOT be installed. Tempest said so himself.

Message 5 of 19 (351 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 25, 2013
@Edisen you will find the extralife free items in the first tab under new and reccomended.

@stardeth we got shrink potions for $1.49 granzella gave us men halloween costumes with pubic cleavage and their are now 'fitness poles' in Home made by Ndreams. Those were popular topics. Did you catch the V swimsuits before you left? Lol. For Halloween check out Acorn Meadows Park and Serenity Plaza also Pottermore got some Halloween deco and a new space if youre into that. Welcome back theres been more but discovering is fun after a hiatus Smiley Happy
Support Forums
Message 6 of 19 (320 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Go to Serenity Plaza before you do anything else. Much free goodness to be had there.

If you like Acorn Meadows, there are four free Halloween items to earn, and you won't blow a ton of Acorns on them. Eat 10 Candy Canes, eat 10 Candy Apples, beat a Scary Race (free!) and ride the Ferris Wheel 5 times. Rewards are worth the effort.

Great Edo has updated with two new games. One is the Underground Mononoke Race...beat that on Crazy difficulty and you'll get a scary spider companion. Beat the Giant Centipede four or eight times and you'll get a display box for all of the tablets (you need to talk to the old man who's hiding behind the multiplayer entrance.

If you buy the Lancer outfit, you'll get two tablets per battle with the Centipede. Pretty easy battle, just don't go walking into the fire. That's bad for your health.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 7 of 19 (293 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Digital Leisure's Western Frontier hasn't come yet. Oh wait, you were only gone a month so you probably saw mention of that during the 8 months prior to your hiatus. Smiley Very Happy

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 8 of 19 (270 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Oct 25, 2013

I got the teeth but when i put them on my avi they can't be seen. Its as if my avi isn't wearing them at all.

Message 9 of 19 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Oct 25, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Go to Serenity Plaza before you do anything else. Much free goodness to be had there.

If you like Acorn Meadows, there are four free Halloween items to earn, and you won't blow a ton of Acorns on them. Eat 10 Candy Canes, eat 10 Candy Apples, beat a Scary Race (free!) and ride the Ferris Wheel 5 times. Rewards are worth the effort.

Great Edo has updated with two new games. One is the Underground Mononoke Race...beat that on Crazy difficulty and you'll get a scary spider companion. Beat the Giant Centipede four or eight times and you'll get a display box for all of the tablets (you need to talk to the old man who's hiding behind the multiplayer entrance.

If you buy the Lancer outfit, you'll get two tablets per battle with the Centipede. Pretty easy battle, just don't go walking into the fire. That's bad for your health.

You only have to do the last mononoke race on 'Crazy' difficulty to get the Spider companion?  On the other hand, you'd need to learn how to play the game first on the other difficulty levels, anyway.

Regarding the Group Battle: Giant Centipede game in Edo, you should talk to the Old Man before entering the group battle.  He will give you the display box with lid at that point.  He'll instruct you to bring back the fossil tablets which are retrieved whenever the giant centipede dies.  Bring him back 8 tablets and he will gift you the M??????? sword (red centipede katana).

Yes, the blue demon fire is especially hazardous.  You can die easily from it in just a few moments.  Best to avoid running into it on your way to the Exit.

While exiting you will receive 2 tablets per game (the reward notification pops up immediately after the cenitpede dies), so that means 4 centipede runs in total.  I only had the bamboo free sword and the GZ Burger clothing and still got 2 tablets per game.  Once the old man gives you the sword, you can also go visit GZ Customer Service in Twilight Plaza and receive a slightly different version of the same sword.

P.S.  The Grunt outfit from the Yuma Cafe Secret Peacekeeping Base provides 22 defense in Defend Edo.  Could anyone help me out obtaining it?  Thanks. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 19 (238 Views)