Jul 26 2007
By: DRed101~ First Son 5 posts

Hey im kinda new just a few questions

5 replies 7 views Edited Jul 26, 2007
Well just wondering about "home" some questions maybe someone can shed some light on..

1. Will we be able to build are own houses from the ground up & also build business to advetise and sell are own items in real time?
2. Will we see any transportation meaning will we be able to own are own transportation cars,vans,ect.. either just for show or just to drive around?
3. Will there be more animations when interacting with furniture like louging instead of just sitting?
4. Is there day and night cycles  & also will there be wheather effects?
5. Is it possable to walk around a city or neighborhood or are there just locations?
6. Sell houses that we create to other users?

Message Edited by DRed101 on 07-25-2007 07:44 PM
Message 2 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Re: Hey im kinda new just a few questions

Jul 26, 2007
1:your gonna get a apartment
2:no
3:ya u can walk a round and talk to people
4:i think so
5:i think it just your location
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 1 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3305 posts

Jul 26, 2007
I think a beta tester should comment   *looks around*

Home's frequently asked questions might have some of that information, but if it did I forgot.
Message 3 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jul 26, 2007
  1. From what I've seen and heard, no you can't actually build (or construct) your apartment, but there's a variety of different buildings to choose from. You can then design what is inside of your apartment. I believe companies and businesses can build their own space to advertise, and from reading the PDF file that answers alot of question about Home, it mentions that users are able to auction off items. To buy premium items, it's going to cost money. Phil Harrison said at GDC 07 that premium items in Home won't be over $10.00.
  2. It was mentioned by Phil Harrison at E3 07 that bikes and skateboards are being worked on to be in the final release of Home.
  3. I don't know.
  4. I don't know.
  5. From what I've seen and heard, you can walk around locations such as the Home Square. I'm not sure if users are able to visit lobbies of different regions.
  6. I don't know.

Message Edited by PSPro on 07-25-2007 11:43 PM
Message 4 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23950 posts

Jul 26, 2007

DRed101 wrote:
Well just wondering about "home" some questions maybe someone can shed some light on..

1. Will we be able to build are own houses from the ground up & also build business to advetise and sell are own items in real time?
2. Will we see any transportation meaning will we be able to own are own transportation cars,vans,ect.. either just for show or just to drive around?
3. Will there be more animations when interacting with furniture like louging instead of just sitting?
5. Is it possable to walk around a city or neighborhood or are there just locations?

1. No, from what I've seen from future updates and from playing Home itself, you will be able to select a pre-made apartment somehow. I'm not sure if the different style apartments will all be free, though.
2. There's no plans for it at the moment from what I've seen, but I wouldn't count it out completely
3. There's currently nothing except sitting. In the future I'm sure we'll have the option to lay down on a couch and/or bed, and even put our Home feet up on a foot rest.
4. Not at the moment, I'm sure both will be implemented though.
5. We've seen a sort of "Home square" which looks more like a city environment in E3 trailers, our current Home beta is just a bunch of different rooms.
6. No idea as of yet.

(I'm a beta tester, I just have a different rank at the moment Smiley Tongue)

Message Edited by chadster on 07-26-2007 07:10 AM
- DoubleOSpoon
Message 5 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jul 26, 2007

DRed101 wrote:

1.No, only apartment unless Sony changes that.
2. Yes, Sony is working on that.
3. I don't know, ask a Beta Tester.
4. Hopefully but I don't know, again ask a Beta Tester.
5. I don't know, ask a tester.
6. Probably.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes