Survivor
2613 posts

Re: Here's an Idea! (Regarding old rewards no longer available.)

Nov 16, 2012

Maybe. On one hand I get things I missed out on, but on the other I feel like what I earned with work can just be easily bought.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 21 of 35 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Rewards items from the past were earned and have time and a accomplishment value to them.

Placing them up for sale would make the all rewards less appealing if they have no inflated sense of one's personal merit.

Understand, the start of anyones beggining in home, will have a past  with rewards in the future. 

Message 22 of 35 (144 Views)
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Some rewards are associated with events and promotions that are no longer around. Thus obtaining these items is impossible.  Codes are removed (deleted) and contracts expired. The only solution is to be there at the right time.

I personally don't mind missing some events and promotions, though I do try to participate. My feeling is that this helps to make each of our avatars unique. Not all of us will have all of the same thing or dress alike.

The people who join Home today won't have the items that I have (And some are very rare). But due to my job, I may not have the items that they will collect this week or the next. 

I can accept that whole heartedly and with no regrets.

And the OP stated himself: "old rewards no longer available". That is eactly what it is: No longer available"

If we want items that are limited, I would suggest posting in the monthly suggestion thread: Offer low priced or free items for a short while and then release them at full price at a later date...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 23 of 35 (140 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I like the idea of offering old rewards again. For example, some of those old Lockwood rewards in their showcase space were just terrific!

I personally have enjoyed some really great rewards, and the reason I like them is because... well, honestly, I'm cheap. If I can get it for free, hey... I will. That said, I have certainly taken the Sony bait and I've bought many items too (even ones I didn't think I would, but I ended up just being too tempted). I've been on Home for a few years now, and so... I have a lot of stuff, both purchased and reward items. I started another account (alas, only recently) for freebie items so I could appreciate them, and remember to use them more often. On my main account, I have so many items that some things get moved to storage even before I have a chance to really use them!

I hate the fact that some of my old rewards aren't available anymore. It sucks to run around in a cool outfit, only to get stopped by someone who compliments you and asks where to get it, and you have to disappoint them by telling them it isn't available any more. I would much rather say "go here, and it's FREE!". It's an instant feel-good connection to another Home user, and that's a great way to make friends (in fact, that's how I have made many friends, by telling them how and where to get free rewards. It's also a good way to keep friendships fresh, by telling friends about a new free reward on the XMB.). It builds community.

I would love to see everyone being able to share in the rewards I got way back when, and I personally would like it if they were free for newbies too. The "exclusivity" of these items just makes me feel like a jerk, and it's a little embarrassing.

It might be fun if some developers held a "garage sale" for some of their old reward items. Maybe it could be a public space, and it would feature a "developer of the month" who could offer some of their past rewards for sale?

Message 24 of 35 (125 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Nov 16, 2012

BAD IDEA....

Why should the rewards be "given away" or sold for users who missed out? Users worked hard fair and sqaure for the rewards they got. I'm not complaining about rewards I missed, sure I would like those rewards, but I discovered Home after the rewards were gone but I'm not having a tantrum because I missed out on them, tough luck for me! Limited time rewards give a a level of "exclusivity" and should remain that way. Stop whining because you missed the rewards, That's a personal problem. I hope they DON'T bring old rewards back, we missed out, so what, that's our faults and no one elses.

Message 25 of 35 (120 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

Some rewards are associated with events and promotions that are no longer around. Thus obtaining these items is impossible.  Codes are removed (deleted) and contracts expired. The only solution is to be there at the right time.

I personally don't mind missing some events and promotions, though I do try to participate. My feeling is that this helps to make each of our avatars unique. Not all of us will have all of the same thing or dress alike.

The people who join Home today won't have the items that I have (And some are very rare). But due to my job, I may not have the items that they will collect this week or the next. 

I can accept that whole heartedly and with no regrets.

And the OP stated himself: "old rewards no longer available". That is eactly what it is: No longer available"

If we want items that are limited, I would suggest posting in the monthly suggestion thread: Offer low priced or free items for a short while and then release them at full price at a later date...

Wow, thought I'd never say I AGREE with you Connie!!!

Message 26 of 35 (117 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

I feel like what I earned with work can just be easily bought.

Welcome to Reality. Table for one?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 27 of 35 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Maybe. On one hand I get things I missed out on, but on the other I feel like what I earned with work can just be easily bought.

You can!  Find a person with a ton of Home items you want and offer them a ton of money for there account.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 28 of 35 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Nov 16, 2012

While you’re at it why not make rewards from games available for sale as well for those that don’t have the time or skill to win them?

Message 29 of 35 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Selling accounts is a clear breach of the ToS, and the seller has every right, in the eyes of Sony, and means to re-obtain the account, having both the money and the account -

"You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID or any personal access to PSN through any means or method, including by use of web auction sites."

Message 30 of 35 (74 Views)
0 Likes