Jan 22 2010
By: Versace_Raver Uncharted Territory 1932 posts

Help with new customizeable picture frame please.

3 replies 9 views Edited Jan 22, 2010

So The black picture frames are larger than the harbor studio ones, now I need to resize my images. Anyone know the optimal resolution for the new frames? I guess someone should find out the optimal resolution for the animated frame as well, since people will probably be asking.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have the means to analyze the frames resolution.

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Re: Help with new customizeable picture frame please.

Jan 22, 2010

I don't have the frames to do it, but here's what you do.

Make or download a grid image that is roughly 10-20 pixels between gridlines. Now load the image into the picture frame so that it cuts out extra space instead of strething the image to fit and count the squares. You won't get exact measurements, but you can estimate to within 5-10 pixels and that should be close enough for most uses.

Message 2 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1932 posts

Jan 22, 2010

Well there was a stickied thread called the picture frame faq a while back, I'm not sure if it was deleted or moved. But anyways the thread's creator gave this super good guide on how to make the best edited images for picture frames in home.

Only problem now is that there are different sized frames, and using my harbor studio frame pictures in the black frames leaves a relatively large white boarder. I'll take an in home photo of my new frame with a picture inside of it that is using the harbor studio frame's configuration an post it.

Maybe that might give someone a bit more to work with towards helping me find the best settings.

Message 3 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Jan 22, 2010

Versace_Raver wrote:

Well there was a stickied thread called the picture frame faq a while back, I'm not sure if it was deleted or moved. But anyways the thread's creator gave this super good guide on how to make the best edited images for picture frames in home.

Only problem now is that there are different sized frames, and using my harbor studio frame pictures in the black frames leaves a relatively large white boarder. I'll take an in home photo of my new frame with a picture inside of it that is using the harbor studio frame's configuration an post it.

Maybe that might give someone a bit more to work with towards helping me find the best settings.

I'm not sure about the settings, but here is a link to that picture frame guide you were referring to.

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 4 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes