Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartment, please :)

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

There's already a villians lair. I say go with something high fantasy. Make it bigger and better than Avalon Keep. I think something like a Harry Potter school of magic type thing would be good. So would Lord of Rings because a lot of people like that. Another suggestion is maybe make something else like the Ghostbuster's firehouse. I love having a vehicle like the ecto-1 in that space or full size vehicles like the MIB cars as furniture items. So if you make something that includes vehicles I'll buy it for sure. Man Very Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 41 of 107 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Nov 8, 2012

there's an anime app that looks like Gundam style ?

LOL just tought about Gangnam style lol

Message 42 of 107 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

There's already a villians lair. I say go with something high fantasy. Make it bigger and better than Avalon Keep. I think something like a Harry Potter school of magic type thing would be good. So would Lord of Rings because a lot of people like that. Another suggestion is maybe make something else like the Ghostbuster's firehouse. I love having a vehicle like the ecto-1 in that space or full size vehicles like the MIB cars as furniture items. So if you make something that includes vehicles I'll buy it for sure. Man Very Happy

Like another Ghostbusters firehouse?  Isnt there already one?  Why would we need 2?

Message 43 of 107 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

Like another Ghostbusters firehouse?  Isnt there already one?  Why would we need 2?

No I mean a personal space with an interactive vehicle in it. Interactive just like the ecto-1. I didn't mean make the an exact copy of a space that already exists. Even though it has been done before.  XL Party House ring a bell?

bobs fed signature
Message 44 of 107 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

No I mean a personal space with an interactive vehicle in it. Interactive just like the ecto-1. I didn't mean make the an exact copy of a space that already exists. Even though it has been done before.  XL Party House ring a bell?

No it doesnt ring a bell Smiley Indifferent

Message 45 of 107 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Please note, we did say small apartment...! Smiley Tongue

Hmm...

7. Holding cell.

8. Dentist's waiting room.

9. Cardboard refrigerator box.

10. Your room in your parent's basement.

11. Private room in the back of the "exotic dancing" club.

12. Highway rest area bathroom.

13. Panic room.

14. Big-rig sleeper cab.

15. Coach class airplane seat, middle.  Comes with two custom sitting animations.  And no others.

16. Starbucks' barista training suite.

17. Duck blind.

18. Basement dungeon.

19. My First Cubicle<tm>.

20. Toll booth.

21. School bus.

22. Meat locker.

23. Confessional.

24. The bottom of a well.

And finally, one that I mean for real:

25. A walk-in closet where you AND your friends are allowed to use your respective wardrobes, unlike normal private spaces.  Not sure if this is technically possible.

Message 46 of 107 (231 Views)
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Hi Community BUCKi3_BUCK here with my thoughts/opinions on giftable apt.

1. Computer Realities (e.g. Tron)

- It be awesome if it was in the style of military command centre
2. Contemporary Fantasy (e.g. Harry Potter)

- If i wanted a Harry Potter style there's already Hogwarts looking Gothic Cathedral
3. High Fantasy (e.g. Lord of The Rings)

- In my opinion Sunlit Meadow is already Lord of the Rings style
4. Stylised (e.g. Anime)

- There is already an anime apt that is awesome enough
5. Super Hero

- Now this is a great idea just dont see how you would pull it off
6. Super Villain

- Already have Villains Lair and Lost Dam Hideout

So in conclusion i voted via link for 1. Computer Realities (e.g. Tron) hoping it be in the style of a command centre but my second for is for Super Hero as there isn't an apt for it yet but many make super hero avi's. Thanks for reading Sincerily, BUCKi3_BUCK.

Message 47 of 107 (207 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

how about a high fantasy based on one of your concept drawings from Mercia?

i think a cool and very unique space could be made from your own concept art of this city on the back of a giant turtle.

would be cool to have your own personal place that is on the back of a giant wandering turtle as it wanders the ocean.

and if you do...please keep the tiny kite/balloon...little details like that are always a nice touch.

also i must say that i love that you posted concept art on Pinterest, please keep posting more.

and for those wanting to see more concept art here is their link,

http://pinterest.com/LKWDPublishing/mercian-concepts/

TT Sunny

Message 48 of 107 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

IE_m0nkeyb0y wrote:

how about a high fantasy based on one of your concept drawings from Mercia?

TT Sunny

Oooooh nice! I second this!

bobs fed signature
Message 49 of 107 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
535 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Jason1802128 wrote:

I don't like any of the theme choices.  We have to many of the same types of personal spaces.  I myself love personal spaces but I don't like to keep buying different versions of the same space.  I think you should come up with some new and original ideas.  Think outside the box this time.  Since your asking for our opinions maybe you should start fresh and turn the 6 choices into community inspired.  Things that we would want not things you think we want.  I'll even start off with a suggestion.  I would love a space that is a winter theme. I have about 60 personal spaces but none of them is really winter.  I want something where I can run around in the snow and use all of these fire pits (Mercia- Dream Island Rewards) and other cold weather items we have.  Just my 2 cents 8)

A Winter space would certainly be appropriate for the coming months... Good suggestion Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 107 (137 Views)