Jan 24 2014
By: veemee_euan VEEMEE Developer 18 posts

Hello from VEEMEE Euan and VEEMEE Graham!

29 replies 629 views Edited Jan 24, 2014

Hello everyone!

Just a quick post to introduce myself and Graham (@veemee_graham) to everyone – we are VEEMEE’s new community managers! Don’t worry though, veemee_alan will still be around, although he is now pretty busy working with the rest of the VEEMEE team on upcoming content plans for the year.

I know a lot of people have been asking how long the Winter Acorn Meadows park space is going to be available for – we are now able to confirm that access to the winter space will be unavailable from the next Home maintenance period – Wednesday 29th of January. You’ll still be able to visit the normal Acorn Meadows Park Space as usual, and we have some really cool new updates coming along too!

Finally, the VEEMEE team have been looking through all of the changes and variations that the Park has gone through since we launched Acorn Meadows way back at the start of May 2013. We've been having a great time working on it – and the community involvement, feedback and suggestions have been absolutely amazing. As a special thank you to everyone – we've put together a little YouTube video!

Thanks again everyone for making Acorn Meadows Park what it is today – without the community involvement we wouldn't have been able to achieve what we have!

As always, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to send them to us at community@veemee.com. If you are experiencing any problems or issues in the Park (or with any of our other content), drop us a mail at support@veemee.com and we will do our best to help you out!

VEEMEE Euan
Twitter: @VEEEMEEE | Facebook: VEEMEE
Google+: VEEMEE | YouTube: VEEMEETV
Email: community@veemee.com | support@veemee.com

Message 1 of 30 (629 Views)
Fender Bender
3279 posts

Re: Hello from VEEMEE Euan and VEEMEE Graham!

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2014

Welcome Euan and Graham

I will say Acorn Park is my favorite location but lately i tend to try and find a differnt instance of the park to avoid the Exploiters who linger in the space and cause it to freeze but overall you all did a awesome job on the space. I just wish collection acorns was a bit easier as the higher levels make it hard to level up to collect the 25 acorns.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 2 of 30 (610 Views)
Sackboy
444 posts

Jan 24, 2014
welcome euan and graham what do you guys have planned for valentine's day in home
Message 3 of 30 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Great introduction Euan. And thanks for the update. Think many of us would like to see year round access to seasonal versions of Acorn Meadow Park, if it is possible. Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 4 of 30 (594 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2014

veemee_euan wrote:

I know a lot of people have been asking how long the Winter Acorn Meadows park space is going to be available for – we are now able to confirm that access to the winter space will be unavailable from the next Home maintenance period – Wednesday 29th of January.

Less than a week's notice.

Not a good way to start off, Euan.

"Creation of new accounts, by itself, is not a TOS violation."

-- Paul Sullivan, PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager (SCEA)

Message 5 of 30 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jan 24, 2014

LandOfTheLosers wrote:

veemee_euan wrote:

I know a lot of people have been asking how long the Winter Acorn Meadows park space is going to be available for – we are now able to confirm that access to the winter space will be unavailable from the next Home maintenance period – Wednesday 29th of January.

Less than a week's notice.

Not a good way to start off, Euan.

We're lucky to have any notice at all. Most often, we don't. We just load up Home on update day and find the space missing, but I'm sure you know that. Also, since there seems to have been a personnel adjustment at Veemee, the timing may not have been entirely in their control. Just a thought.

BTW, Have you been reading, "How to win friends, and influence people", because you're off to a smashing start yourself, whoever you really are. Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 30 (551 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Jan 24, 2014
Welcome!
I love the park and what your group has done with it for the different seasons.
I was hoping to have a public winter space year round, so not really happy tohear it is being taken away.
I enjoy your content you have given us and look forward to what you have for us this year!

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 7 of 30 (512 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

Hi guys! Thanks for keeping the community up to date. As it is still winter in the real world, and we now have purchased several VeeMee park LMOs for winter, it seems a bit early in the year to take down the winter space. Reconsider????

Edit: Correction, we have 3 VeeMee winter LMOs from the park, the ice skates, snowmobiles, and recently the downhill skiing. Please keep the Winter Park up through the end of March. Give us a place to use your content. Just replace New Years and Christmas with Valentines Day in the Park.

Edit Again: LOL, As a skier, I subconsciously blanked out the snowboarding LMO. So that is 4, FOUR, repeat--- 4, F-O-U-R VeeMee winter sport Winter Park exclusive reasons to keep up the Winter Acorn Park. VeeMee, are you hearing us ???

Posted Image

Message 8 of 30 (497 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5160 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Welcome as the new VEEMEE's CMs!! Evan & Graham, It's great to having you here

Do want to say the Veemee team has done such a wonderful job with the Acorn Meadow Park since it's release, keep up the great work and look forward to more for 2014

Message 9 of 30 (481 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Hi guys! Welcome. Thanks for taking the time to say hello.

I have been tremendously impressed with Acorn Park this year. All the new seasonal takes have been a delight. The art and design of the place is always jaw-dropping. I remember when the Halloween version came out. I work from home... and I somewhat worked from Home during that time too, as I left my avatar in the Halloween park (usuallly sleeping) to collect acorns. I would pop back on to run a vampire race from time to time too.

I've also enjoyed all the new rewards on offer with every new season. You keep me pretty interested, and very motivated to keep coming back. There are often new items in the gift machine too, and I always check out what is new. I just adore the animal avatars. I had a friend over recently, and her kids had never seen Home. I was showing them around, and showing them my LMOs, and immidiately the 11 year old girl said "OMG, you can be a UNICORN?!". Yep. Kittens! A reindeer! A dog! Heck, a rhino! It was fun to experience the excitement I felt upon fist seeing these avatars on offer again. Alas, my poor friend now has pressure to go out and buy a PS3... oh well. I told her to blame you (although admittedly Home users might be a little, er, "mature" for their age range, so she at least has plenty of time to save up the cash)!

Message 10 of 30 (448 Views)