Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Re: Hello From VEEMEE!

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forums.  While the games were down today I decided to ask some of the users hanging out in the space for feedback and suggestions, some of which have already been suggested on these forums but I'll post a list of the things I heard in-world.   Its quite a bit so I'll try and break them down into a simple structure:

GAMES:
disc golf course
frisbee
frisbee with dog
catch with dog
race with dogs
RC sailboat, maybe an RC plane or helicopter off the bridge
fishing
chess/checkers tables
croquet

RIDES:

hot air balloon ride
golf cart rides

ADD TO THE PARK:
wildlife, squirrels in park, deer on outskirts, occasional raccoon, make a photo challenge to snap pics of certain ones
aquatic wildlife, ducks, turtles, jumping fish
airplanes in the sky
swings
picnic tables
more sculptures/fountains
different water crafts
hand items(hot dog, ice cream, coffee)

FUTURE EXPANSION AREAS(Separate Download)
nature walk/horse trail
tennis court/badminton/volleyball
music area/outdoor theater maybe like musicality or npc show

campsite

Users also suggested you make a Zoo space next.

FIX:
lower acorn pricing
ride collisions
change the way we chat on rides, should be able to just type, not have to press start and triangle, a lot of users dont know they can do that and jump off the rides to talk wasting acorns

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 31 of 151 (1,055 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 3, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forums.  While the games were down today I decided to ask some of the users hanging out in the space for feedback and suggestions, some of which have already been suggested on these forums but I'll post a list of the things I heard in-world.   Its quite a bit so I'll try and break them down into a simple structure: ...

Nice work, Best! That's quite a list you've compiled. That should keep Veemee busy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 151 (1,041 Views)
First Son
15 posts

May 3, 2013

I love this place so much but I cant seem to get a bike now cause it is glitched but I have had fun playing this map and i still play it is it super fun to hang out with friends

Message 33 of 151 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
VEEMEE Developer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forums.  While the games were down today I decided to ask some of the users hanging out in the space for feedback and suggestions, some of which have already been suggested on these forums but I'll post a list of the things I heard in-world.   Its quite a bit so I'll try and break them down into a simple structure:

Wow, great list - thanks for taking the time to compile it! I have taken all of your points and forwarded them on to the team.

Thanks to everyone else commenting and sharing their ideas as well - some really creative stuff being mentioned!

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Message 34 of 151 (1,022 Views)
Wastelander
635 posts

May 3, 2013
As I've expressed in a few other postings, the excellent customer service that Veemee is showing is greatly appreciated and I just wanted to mention that again. I like the idea of games at the park, like Horseshoes and Croquet. It would also be nice to have a swimming pool with a diving board and water slide. I also like the idea of a Zoo in the park, or as an addition to the park.

I have to say that this park is the best thing that has come to Home in a long time, if ever. Some of the other developers, IMO, have worked very hard, to their credit, to make spaces where Home players would come and use the space repeatedly. Unfortunately, nothing has really worked so far to hold people's interest for very long. But Acorn Park changes all of that This is a space that, I believe, is going to continue to draw people toward it. I can see this space being the equivalent to the old Central Plaza in people's hearts.

I've always loved Veemees clothing line it's been very nice quality in looks. Now, I'm glad that Veemee has ventured out to doing public spaces; because you can tell that your team's worked their hearts out trying to make this space with quality and an understanding of what their customer wants. Bravo!!
Message 35 of 151 (1,011 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

May 3, 2013
Is there an estimated time when the rest of the games for it will come back up for us? A suggestion for a couple LMO hackeysack n frisbee n a frisbee game too.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 36 of 151 (989 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Hi Alan,

Glad to see another developer engaging the community here. The Acorn Meadows space is spectacular and I am personally eager to see what new & exciting content you have planned for the space in the near future. This type of space was long overdue in my opinion. I'm personally looking to see the park get bigger, by expanding & opening up an additional space connected to it that would offer other engaging activities. Maybe you can add a place that can have users play some sort of musical instruments that everyone could hear & play?

Regardless of any of the bugs, it is still remarkable & I give you 5 out of 5 for it.

P.s. I still hold to my original request from the April Suggestion thread. And that is the creation of a Tennis court with active game developed by you guys. It may not be affiliated with Acorn, but would be a great addition none-the-less. Smiley Happy

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 37 of 151 (983 Views)
Fender Bender
2704 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

HINT: The BINX walking dog from VEEMEE can be used in the dig park. (EDIT: that should be dog park)

The bicycles need to be easier to ride. 

A bandstand, the circular kind with a band playing polkas. OK, I'm outta' here before I get in trouble. Smiley Wink

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 38 of 151 (933 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

May 4, 2013

<3

FF14 WAR
Message 39 of 151 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

May 4, 2013

truly is one of homes best spaces ever so far.

in some respects its actually quite pleasing to see some errors as its showing that the home app is being utilised to its max (and maybe beyond)

its through developers pushing the limits and collaboration with the core team that home has steadily increased its functionality over the years.

Message 40 of 151 (478 Views)