Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Re: Heavy Water : Please Fix Emo Ray

Jan 3, 2013
I know most people would hate me for suggesting this but what if you could buy extra lives? That way if you keep dying in a particular mission you can just buy an extra life and that keeps the game just as hard but gives extra options for those that need help.
1266 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

The thing that frustrates me is that one part of the mission where you have to use traffic to kill the bears. But the thing is the bears will start charging at you as soon as they spot you and come within range. And the exploding cars don't kill them niether the first time. It takes at least 2 explosions to kill them. And I also find there's a lot less traffic when you need to do that part of the mission as well. So you'll search around for traffic, and mean while every bear you drive near will charge at you and explode, unless you use that soundwave weapon everytime. It's way more frustrating than it needs to be.

Here is my tip for quickly, safely and effectively destroying bears with traffic. First, don't assume you need to throw traffic into bears, at best that will only take out only one bear, and only the small ones,explosions are where it's at. Keep an eye on your map when you find a car (preferably stationary) for any creeping red dots. you don't want to stay still when bears are coming up from behind or the side. Approach an intersection and the bears will start walking in your direction, pull up behind the left (if it's on the left side of the road) or right back (or front if the car is facing you) part of the car and wait until the bears are close enough to hit with a sliding car. When you release the bass, you will likely take out one small bear while others continue to approach. They will walk around the flaming car, and head over to attack your van. Don't panic, you want them to head to you. As they get close to you throw them with the bass, in doing this you will throw them back to the car on fire, and they will get caught in the explosion. YOu'll need to practice a few times until you get the timing, and distances down but once you do this will be as simple as taking out the charging bears. This system nets me 2-4 bears a car, in both the story, and the mission based missions. Also it's not needed, but it helps to have the upgraded soundwave with extended range.

Now as for something they really need to fix in emo ray. I paid for and beat both missions, the story, and the free-to-play action in the prologue, and I have yet to get my thrid track on my boombox. That's a big no-no for stomething that's suppsoed to be included for purchasing, the missions.

Perish_Song
Message 12 of 32 (262 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

Jan 4, 2013

The_FPS wrote:
I know most people would hate me for suggesting this but what if you could buy extra lives? That way if you keep dying in a particular mission you can just buy an extra life and that keeps the game just as hard but gives extra options for those that need help.

I'd go for that. Being able to buy extra lives or continues. Anything to beat this mission.

Message 13 of 32 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 4, 2013
You all paid for this game and its STILL BROKEN????

BAD DEVS!!!!!!!!
Message 14 of 32 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

Perish_Song wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

The thing that frustrates me is that one part of the mission where you have to use traffic to kill the bears. But the thing is the bears will start charging at you as soon as they spot you and come within range. And the exploding cars don't kill them niether the first time. It takes at least 2 explosions to kill them. And I also find there's a lot less traffic when you need to do that part of the mission as well. So you'll search around for traffic, and mean while every bear you drive near will charge at you and explode, unless you use that soundwave weapon everytime. It's way more frustrating than it needs to be.

Here is my tip for quickly, safely and effectively destroying bears with traffic. First, don't assume you need to throw traffic into bears, at best that will only take out only one bear, and only the small ones,explosions are where it's at. Keep an eye on your map when you find a car (preferably stationary) for any creeping red dots. you don't want to stay still when bears are coming up from behind or the side. Approach an intersection and the bears will start walking in your direction, pull up behind the left (if it's on the left side of the road) or right back (or front if the car is facing you) part of the car and wait until the bears are close enough to hit with a sliding car. When you release the bass, you will likely take out one small bear while others continue to approach. They will walk around the flaming car, and head over to attack your van. Don't panic, you want them to head to you. As they get close to you throw them with the bass, in doing this you will throw them back to the car on fire, and they will get caught in the explosion. YOu'll need to practice a few times until you get the timing, and distances down but once you do this will be as simple as taking out the charging bears. This system nets me 2-4 bears a car, in both the story, and the mission based missions. Also it's not needed, but it helps to have the upgraded soundwave with extended range.

Now as for something they really need to fix in emo ray. I paid for and beat both missions, the story, and the free-to-play action in the prologue, and I have yet to get my thrid track on my boombox. That's a big no-no for stomething that's suppsoed to be included for purchasing, the missions.

Thanks for the tips Perish_Song. I hope your situation gets remedied soon, because that is a rip-off not getting what was promised to you.

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 32 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Icinq wrote:

The_FPS wrote:

I'd go for that. Being able to buy extra lives or continues. Anything to beat this mission.

The danger of suggesting that is when the developer decides to artificially inflate the difficultly of levels more than initially intended so as to ensure more people buy extra lives.

Message 16 of 32 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Heavy Water Developer
90 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Hello All

We hear that you are frustrated with the game, but we never made the game's missions impossible. Multiple people at the studio were able to complete all of the missions, not to mention the Sony QA staff so it never looked impossible from our end. Again we weren't trying to make it overly difficult. We have no plans to institute a pay-for-lives, immediate respawn at current location, or check-point system in the game though they have been discussed and are not completely off the table. 

An earlier user posted about using the Sonic Weapon to blast cars into the Bears. This is the optimal way of damaging Bears with traffic. It took me personally a few tries to realize that little trick. As always there are usually health packs that are constantly spawned every 30 seconds after being picked up, so if you notice you are low on health, seek out some health packs. 

If we decide to implement some kind of alternate mode to make the game easier, we will announce it on our Twitter. @heavyh2o

Thank you,

HM

Message 17 of 32 (195 Views)
Wastelander
635 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Excellent customer service HW! Replying to us on the forums truly means a lot. Thank you!
Message 18 of 32 (182 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Jan 8, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

The danger of suggesting that is when the developer decides to artificially inflate the difficultly of levels more than initially intended so as to ensure more people buy extra lives.

I hadn't thought of that but I could see people taking that view.  I just know that there have been many retail games that I wish I could just buy an extra life or two for that one level that for some reason just seems harder than it should be.

I'll have to play some more emo ray soon and see how difficult these levels are.  From my experience with the demo I just always feel like I won't have enough time to play through a level while still doing the other things in Home that I like.  I will wait until I have a long sat where I am not doing anything to buy the game and see what all the fuss is about.

22 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Don't tell half truths, Cajun... you sent very rude twitter posts (three in a row) and I told you that your "hate" messages were not appreciated, and then we blocked you.  You then sent an email to our "info" address to complain about my post and I informed you that I wrote those and I stand by them - and I do.  

I looked at your Twitter history and you hate on everything... not one positive comment made about anything.  I am not interested in getting into a fight with a hater... period.  

Message 20 of 32 (172 Views)