Wastelander
558 posts

Re: Heavy Water : Please Fix Emo Ray

Jan 9, 2013

HeavyMystik wrote:

Hello All

We hear that you are frustrated with the game, but we never made the game's missions impossible. Multiple people at the studio were able to complete all of the missions, not to mention the Sony QA staff so it never looked impossible from our end. Again we weren't trying to make it overly difficult. We have no plans to institute a pay-for-lives, immediate respawn at current location, or check-point system in the game though they have been discussed and are not completely off the table. 

An earlier user posted about using the Sonic Weapon to blast cars into the Bears. This is the optimal way of damaging Bears with traffic. It took me personally a few tries to realize that little trick. As always there are usually health packs that are constantly spawned every 30 seconds after being picked up, so if you notice you are low on health, seek out some health packs. 

If we decide to implement some kind of alternate mode to make the game easier, we will announce it on our Twitter. @heavyh2o

Thank you,

HM

Well there's really no point in me buying anymore Emo Ray content if it's just going to get even more difficult and unplayable. Volume 2 will just have to wait until this mess is finally dealt with.

Message 21 of 32 (296 Views)
Fender Bender
3346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Icinq wrote:

Well there's really no point in me buying anymore Emo Ray content if it's just going to get even more difficult and unplayable. Volume 2 will just have to wait until this mess is finally dealt with.

Did anyone buy Vol. 2? If so, how is it? 

It's seems a bit overpriced imo, which is in line with the mission packs, which I consider to offer $.99 worth of gameplay value, at best. I've already sunk $16 $23 into the game, which is easily more than most PSN titles cost and they actually offer a complete game experience. Here, I really have no desire to invest a cubic ton o'money to get the total Emo Ray experience.

Edit 1: I just picked it up on the blind hope that I would find the purchase worthwhile. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake.

Edit 2: Volume 2 really is just more of the same, so if you're already bored from Vol. 1 and the mission packs, this isn't doing to rekindle your love of Emo Ray. There are a few new bad guys, but other than that it's really just driving around in your van and killing the bears. Some of the suggested times are somewhat insane to meet. That being said, Volume 2 is definitely a solid expansion of the original pack with a good slew of rewards. Heavy Water is definitely over-reaching on the price point, but I understand someone has to pay for development. Still, I would value the gameplay itself at around $5. Yes, there are a ton of rewards, but are they really rewards if they're factored into the price? Not really. Am I happy I bought the expansion? I'm pretty indifferent, but that's better than disappointed.

Message 22 of 32 (287 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

I finally beat mission 1 after many frustrating hours. And all I got was the Hammy companion. I do like full sized companions, but I thought beating it was going to unlock more rewards or more stuff to buy in the store. I thought I also heard that it made the Love Hurts song available to buy but I didn't see it niether. But seeing how hard it was to beat mission 1, I'll probably avoid buying mission 2, unless the reward is better, or they decide to try and make this a little easier.  Man Frustrated

bobs fed signature
Message 23 of 32 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Half truth nothing, I still have the tweets myself, your comment of 'they don't matter' is the hate message that started this all. You might be able to talk the forum guys into delete my posts, but I still have the proof of YOUR rude comments via twitter. And if you was even telling the truth about me and my twitter posts, saying you looked at my history, you would have noticed that I do give credit where credit is due. For you, there is none.

Message 24 of 32 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

I finally beat mission 1 after many frustrating hours. And all I got was the Hammy companion. I do like full sized companions, but I thought beating it was going to unlock more rewards or more stuff to buy in the store. I thought I also heard that it made the Love Hurts song available to buy but I didn't see it niether. But seeing how hard it was to beat mission 1, I'll probably avoid buying mission 2, unless the reward is better, or they decide to try and make this a little easier.  Man Frustrated

Well after looking at the item description in the "About" section for the boom box, it says you have to complete both Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2 to unlock "Love Hurts", which is very much not what the poster advertised (I'm pretty sure the item description also mentioned it when I bought it, but now it doesn't). After completing both MP 1 & 2, "Love Hurts" still hasn't unlocked for me, so I genuinely have no idea what is wrong with the unlock. 

Also, I noticed that Volume 2 listed "Radd and Son Garage Sign" as a reward. This isn't a new reward, but the sign that was already in the store from Volume 1.

Message 25 of 32 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Yeah I was debating whether to get mission 2 or not. But I won't after what you told me there unless they fix it. I did buy volume 2 but I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have because the missions are still pretty hard and messed up. I still think Heavy Water should address the difficulty problem, and fix these glitches. Plus they seem to be doing some false advertising with the rewards as well. 

bobs fed signature
Message 26 of 32 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Emo Ray Boom Box

Jan 11, 2013

So it seems that the Emo Ray Boom Box is a bit of a mess (or at least for myself). 

First, the "unlockable" songs have not been unlocking for me after the 2nd song unlocked, despite completing MP 1 & MP 2, and completing Vol. 2. I asked @HeavyH2O on twitter yesterday about this and they said that obtaining the Hammy Companion and Cuddly Bear Companion is supposed to unlock "Love Hurts", while the Mrs. Radd Costume (Female) reward is supposed to unlock the 4th song. I have all of these and nothing unlocked. Has anyone else had this issue?

Second, the figured out yesterday that none of my guests can hear the boom box once I turn it on. I figured this out after I was asking what around 8 people thought of the music and they reported not being able to hear anything. I had always just thought they could hear it. Is the sound supposed to be owner only?

Message 27 of 32 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
558 posts

Re: Emo Ray Boom Box

Jan 11, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

So it seems that the Emo Ray Boom Box is a bit of a mess (or at least for myself). 

First, the "unlockable" songs have not been unlocking for me after the 2nd song unlocked, despite completing MP 1 & MP 2, and completing Vol. 2. I asked @HeavyH2O on twitter yesterday about this and they said that obtaining the Hammy Companion and Cuddly Bear Companion is supposed to unlock "Love Hurts", while the Mrs. Radd Costume (Female) reward is supposed to unlock the 4th song. I have all of these and nothing unlocked. Has anyone else had this issue?

Second, the figured out yesterday that none of my guests can hear the boom box once I turn it on. I figured this out after I was asking what around 8 people thought of the music and they reported not being able to hear anything. I had always just thought they could hear it. Is the sound supposed to be owner only?

Yeah this game is just full of problems. I only bought volume 1 and mission 1 but I'm not going to buy anymore of this crap until Heavy Water gets their act together.

Message 28 of 32 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Heavy Water Developer
90 posts

Re: Emo Ray Boom Box

Jan 11, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

Thank you for reporting this remote user issue! We were unaware of this as well. The BoomBox is not working as intended and will be on our list to submit fixes for Emo Ray. 

Sorry for the inconvenience again,

-HM

Message 29 of 32 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I'm back with another issue that I wanted to compare notes on and see if it's just me. 

I redeemed the "Bare Grizzly Bear Chair" item from the in-game store and never received the item. I restarted Home and did not receive it then either (though I did receive a wardrobe wars backpack I wasn't expecting). After I redeemed Grizzly Bear Chair item, it disappeared from my store menu, so I know I actually did buy it and I'm not just insane. Has anyone else had issues receiving this item? I'm pretty disappointed since I was really looking forward to adding to my chair collection.

Message 30 of 32 (108 Views)
0 Likes