Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: HearItWhere?

Nov 24, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
He definitely had the voice for radio. Good for him Smiley Happy

That was much nicer than saying he had a face for radio Ed. I think you're getting to be a kinder, gentler forum member.

Message 11 of 19 (297 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11828 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Uh Oh, if this thread gets any bigger, I smell a HCV Community tribute event for HearItWow coming.......Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 19 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Funny CMC i was going to post this question also, but he seems to be busy in his new reincarnation as a dj. Homecast was the best show in the theatre, and yesterday I pulled out the Homecast outdoor table and chair to reminisce Smiley Happy I wouldnt be surprised if he popped up here though to say hello. Question is, you think he still uses the service now that he doesny have to for work? Smiley Very Happy
Support Forums
Message 13 of 19 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Nov 25, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Anyone know where HearItWow disappeared to? He used to be pretty active on the forum and was doing the Homecast videos.

Aloha,

As others here have stated, HearItWow's real-world workload became much heavier recently. As a result, he turned over day-to-day production duties for the HomeCast over to Sue, one of his associate producers, under the stewardship of HomeStation Magazine. As you can imagine, creating a product as tightly-edited and polished as the HomeCast is no small feat -- the amount of post-production work alone that goes into just one episode is hideous -- and Sue has to balance that out with her own real-world workload.

Although HearItWow isn't involved in the daily production process with HomeCast any longer, he's still very much the heart of the show. In addition to continuing his work as its host, he and Sue work together to make sure the final product reflects a standard he's comfortable with. Sue may be the showrunner now -- and she does a brilliant job in her new role -- but we want to make sure that the show continues to reflect the clearly appealing vision that HearItWow created. All of us at HSM are big HomeCast fans, and we've been fortunate enough to publish HearItWow's articles from time to time as well as serve as host to his back library of HomeCast episodes.

Of course, this begs the question of why only one new episode has been produced since this changeover took place.

The short answer is that HomeCast is evolving. Yes, it would have been an easy matter for us to continue on exactly as things had been -- and indeed, HSM has repeatedly demonstrated that it can produce a quality machinima product on a short timetable (to the point of having even been, on occasion, the very first source of community machinima for newly-released personal estates) -- but the marketplace itself has evolved. Magnus' own Virtual Item Showcase videos are essentially a condensed version of the HomeCast, serving essentially the same purpose, which means that we need to examine the following questions:

1. Ultimately, what purpose does HomeCast serve? Why does it exist?

2. What is the core appeal of the HomeCast? Why do people want to watch it?

3. What market niche can HomeCast serve that is presently being overlooked?

HearItWow originally created HomeCast because it served a need that wasn't being addressed. In the years since then, more and more Home users who watched HomeCast have gone on to pick up their own filmmaking tools and craft machinima which can trace its roots back to the HomeCast formula, in much the same way that many of the NFL's most successful coaches are part of the Bill Walsh coaching tree. This means that there are now many voices serving similar functions -- including Sony itself -- which tells us that HomeCast needs to evolve and again serve an untapped need.

This is a sentiment that HearItWow and HomeStation both share, and so we're currently hard at work behind the scenes on reinventing the HomeCast, both in terms of content and presentation. The catch with this is that it takes a tremendous amount of time (and trial-and-error filmmaking) before you have such a product ready to be delivered to the audience, and a process capable of subsequent repetition on a timely production schedule.

We do apologize that things have been somewhat quiet on the HomeCast front recently, but rest assured -- HomeCast, with HearItWow, is very much alive. When it's ready, we think you'll like what's unleashed.

Cheers,

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 14 of 19 (222 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Speak of the devil, look who is here.

sword-art-online
Message 15 of 19 (146 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I still see him signed into Home from time to time. Norse basically summed it up.. he's a busy guy.

Message 16 of 19 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Hi. Just to correct one thing...it's talk radio host, not DJ. DJ's have it way easier.

Sorry I've been away, but the last few months have been challenging to say the least. I've been in Home pretty much to gather fossils and fail to run a city, and as I'm sure some have noticed, I've gone days without logging in at all. Time is not on my side when it comes to Home, unfortunately. I hear we can fly now.

I'm a huge fan of the new GZ Burger space, because the upstairs is the most perfect place yet in Home to build an arcade. I strongly suggest grabbing some Game Mechanics table and chair combos for the first floor...you can fill out the deck very nicely with functional seating and only give up about 15 slots.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 17 of 19 (109 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 28, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

Hi. Just to correct one thing...it's talk radio host, not DJ. DJ's have it way easier.

Sorry I've been away, but the last few months have been challenging to say the least. I've been in Home pretty much to gather fossils and fail to run a city, and as I'm sure some have noticed, I've gone days without logging in at all. Time is not on my side when it comes to Home, unfortunately. I hear we can fly now.

I'm a huge fan of the new GZ Burger space, because the upstairs is the most perfect place yet in Home to build an arcade. I strongly suggest grabbing some Game Mechanics table and chair combos for the first floor...you can fill out the deck very nicely with functional seating and only give up about 15 slots.

Hopefully your schedule will make it easier at some point. Many of us here do miss you. 

Jo

Message 18 of 19 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 28, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

what radio station you on in Boston, 96.9?

Message 19 of 19 (97 Views)
0 Likes