Jul 12 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4495 posts

Haven of the Skies - Before You Buy Read This

[ Edited ]
15 replies 907 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

The space is basically a nighttime version of the public space (Kingdom of the Skies, minus the island with the Genie's Lamp and the island with the tigers and Community Chest).

Unlike the public space and the personal space (Jewel of the Skies), this space allows guests/members to receive wishes (rewards), and some of the rewards are pretty decent.

Hanging Lamp

Tall Arabian Lamp
Harem Room Divider - Cerulean

Arabian Dining Table - Cerulean

Arabian Dining Chair - Cerulean

Golden Scarab Sword (Male/Female)
Harem Pillows - Mystic (6 Slots)
Arabian Canopy Bed (6 Slots)

Flying Carpet Trails (effects only)

• Modest
  • Rainbow
  • Mystic
  • Zodiac
  • Ameerah

For me, the Harem Pillows active item is the best.  It is similiar to the active item pillow that are built-into the Jewel of the Skies space, and back when that space became available I was surprised they did not offer this item for sale... Now it can be had for free.

20130716 040618.jpg

However, there are some issues I have with this space and others may want to know about them before they spend $8 or $10 on it.

For one, while I enjoy the night views... They should have included lamps around the space to illuminate some of the areas, like other night time versions of spaces.  Without the lamps, much of the decorating areas are so dark items lose much of their detail, and in shadows are hard to even see.

For another, unlike the personal space, owning the Clubhouse version will not allow you to land on any of the other islands in the public space, thus you also have to buy the personal space if you want the rewards from the public space.

This does not seem at all reasonable to me.  While I personally own the personal space so it doesn't effect me, I definitely feel those that bought the clubhouse should also be able to land on the other islands in the public space and collect those rewards.

Another issue is that they only included 1 spawn point for the main island, which means you can't even get most beds and other large items through the doorway leading to the private chamber:

20130711 134839.jpg

Now what makes this obvious flaw so frustrating is that it was LKWD that had the same issue come up with their original release of the Dream Hideaway and it took them several weeks to finally add additional spawn points.  So I would have hoped LKWD would make sure they didn't make such an obvious mistake again.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 16 (907 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Haven of the Skies - Before You Buy Read This

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

The other day I debated whether to buy the Jewels of the Skies personal space for my first time, or to buy the clubhouse first. I decided on the personal space and I now know I made the right choice after reading this. One of the clubs I'm in has the skin and I do think it is pretty neat looking. Like you said it's basically a stripped down night version of the public space. But it still is pretty cool looking.  Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 2 of 16 (875 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Jul 12, 2013

I hate the single spawn point. (If you have the Essence of Wind and a friend who knows how to use it, you can get that bed through that door ^_~)

Also, I'm not discounting that Haven might have unlockable features like Jewel does. One of the first ones in Jewel was the Lanterns (you know that space on the main island that looks like a smaller version of the atrium in Jewel? Notice how the middle section cannot be deco'd--bet something goes there.)

I actually like the darkness of it. I have a ton of really nice lamps and candle ornaments, so I'm definitely going to be using them. And I LOVE the silver tone/gray furniture. The gold tone bits for jewel were too much. These are much nicer on the eyes.

Of course they're going to make the public space have exclusive content. It's purpose is to advertise and sell. At least the Clubhouse owners get some of the same rewards. In any case, it's too early to tell what can and cannot be gotten from the public space. Until a full list for both new spaces is available, we won't really know what all is being missed.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 3 of 16 (807 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Lockwood is aware of this and said they will address the issue soon...I hope they make it to where we can put things on other islands.
Message 4 of 16 (745 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 12, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

The space is basically a nighttime version of the public space (Kingdom of the Skies, minus the island with the Genie's Lamp and the island with the tigers and Community Chest).

Unlike the public space and the personal space (Jewel of the Skies), this space allows guests/members to receive wishes (rewards), and some of the rewards are pretty decent.

Flaming Brazier

Hanging Lamp
Tall Arabian Lamp
Harem Room Divider - Cerulean

Arabian Dining Table - Cerulean

Arabian Dining Chair - Cerulean

Golden Scarab Sword (Male/Female)
Harem Pillows - Mystic (6 Slots)
Arabian Canopy Bed (6 Slots)

Flying Carpet Trails (effects only)

• Modest
  • Rainbow
  • Mystic
  • Zodiac
  • Ameerah

Is the Golden Scarab Sword the same from the public space? I can't land on any of the public islands yet, but I was wondering if it is the same sword.

Antonio Xul
Message 5 of 16 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Jul 12, 2013
The golden scarab and the cobra sword are two different items....the golden scarab is a reward from the genie and the cobra sword you get from the island
Message 6 of 16 (718 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jul 12, 2013

king_of_games30 wrote:
Lockwood is aware of this and said they will address the issue soon..I hope they make it to where we can put things on other islands.

I am so glad you mentioned this because I would also like to decorate the surrounding islands.  Also LKWD answered some of my questions.  I say some because there was more I asked about the space, this one is about how many rewards total and how many wishes per day.   

• Lockwood  You get 3 wishes per day and there are 14 rewards in total Smiley Happy <-- This is for the club space and I don't know whether the tails are considered part of the rewards.  We need answers!! 

I am trying to ask as much as I can so that a guide can be made (since there is none) that could include the Personal space rewards, club rewards and public space.  I don't own the personal space but maybe someone else can do the guide.  The public space is only good to those who own the personal space but not those who just owned the club.  

I for one am not buying into having to purchase the personal space to get the public space rewards, its just not gonna happen!  They should have given the option to at least offer a special carpet LMO that could grant you access to the surrounding islands on the public space for those who do not want the personal space IMO.  For those who want to see the rewards Edea Kramer is doing a great job of posting those in a different thread.  

Message 7 of 16 (695 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Jul 12, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

king_of_games30 wrote:
Lockwood is aware of this and said they will address the issue soon..I hope they make it to where we can put things on other islands.

I am so glad you mentioned this because I would also like to decorate the surrounding islands.  Also LKWD answered some of my questions.  I say some because there was more I asked about the space, this one is about how many rewards total and how many wishes per day.   

• Lockwood  You get 3 wishes per day and there are 14 rewards in total Smiley Happy <-- This is for the club space and I don't know whether the tails are considered part of the rewards.  We need answers!! 

Not sure if they are, since they are randomly chosen.

Message 8 of 16 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I am trying to ask as much as I can so that a guide can be made (since there is none) that could include the Personal space rewards, club rewards and public space.  I don't own the personal space but maybe someone else can do the guide.  The public space is only good to those who own the personal space but not those who just owned the club.  

Sorry, messed that up when I first posted. I do have an ongoing guide for Haven and Kingdom of the Skies here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Kingdom-of-the-Skies-Rewards-Spoilers/m-p/40...

It's on page 5, so it's a little easy to miss, sorry.

It isn't perfect, but I'm doing what I can. I count 15 rewards for the club so far, but that includes trails and the broken white monkey, so it's possible that trails are not included in that total. Trails are also shared for the most part with the public space, so LKWD might not be counting them as clubhouse-specific rewards. Time will tell, I guess.

Message 9 of 16 (659 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Jul 12, 2013
This is the perfect space to put the PODI, you can fly among the fireworks and really enjoy them. 😊
As far as the lighting it's not really an issue, we do get lamps for a reward that light the areas nicely. The tiki torches from LOOT are nice here also.
Message 10 of 16 (631 Views)