Apr 12 2012
By: ILLUMIN-X Fender Bender 3241 posts

Have social classes been created in Home thru marketing ?

440 replies 101 views Edited Apr 12, 2012

Ok so I'm standing behind the ropes just observing comments and its getting uglier and uglier out here.

The people who cant get into the club are being egged on to demean the people who can by calling them elitest trash.

There are people (very few however) on the privilleged side of the rope who in return are taunting the people who cant get in, and its turned into an "us" vs "thehm" thing

with taunts being hurled back and forth with only a thin velvet rope to seperate them.

I'm going to start posting some of the comments I see here.

Sony really knows how to push the envelope.

Message 84 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Has Home just created two social classes with the release of Club x7 ?

Apr 11, 2012

Interesting...but ya gotta admit, either way...it seems sometimes like us users are part of one big social experiment, like we're under a microscope.

Message 1 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4584 posts

Apr 11, 2012

It's completely identical to the Theater right after the Hub was released.

Message 2 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Apr 11, 2012

no, they created two social classes by making some events require a user to buy a seperate item. the first i remember vividly is the first christmas giveaway when people had to have bought things like the ninja top in order to get the prize for that day

the trick is to balance it out. its fine having multiple classes as long as one doesnt get too much at the expense of others.  some of the mansion only perks or the theater rope for instance.  i would like to see how X7 pans out, so far it seems alright but does need to include those that are loyal to home that havent bought anything from exclusives due to taste or subscribed to PSN+

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 3 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 11, 2012

It's the users who create the social classes. The x7 lobby just gives them a place to attack each other.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 4 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Apr 11, 2012

Inside the club, there is another set of ropes. I ran into someone trying to act all that, but I just walked away. He finally came out. It's like they were trying to make 3 levels of "Elite" in this, and that's a very bad thing for the community.

Message 5 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Apr 11, 2012

Those insults you are hearing are not caused by any man made visual barrier.The real barrier here my friend is the mind and some just can't see past thier own thought's, ideas and opinions.

Message 6 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Apr 11, 2012

Can't we all just get along?

Message 7 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Apr 11, 2012

surely you jest.  humans are always prone to suspision and violence against anything that is different.  wether it is physical, monitary, percieved or otherwise

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 8 of 441 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2271 posts

Apr 11, 2012

PS home is a gaming community where people have the liberty to experience things they cannot in real life. We can see people playing rolls as fighters, gang members etc... and now there is a roll playing area where people can pretend that they are better than everyone else. It's fine, I believe that it's a basic insecurity with themselves that makes them seek out this type of "validation".

I am certainly not shy about spending in home, I have spent plenty. But I don't think I want to be part of this club. I like people and it doesn't make me feel better about myself to exclude people to be considered "elite". In other words, this is a roll I chose not to play.

Message 9 of 441 (101 Views)