Oct 25 2012
By: Jersquall Limit Breaker 16565 posts

Haunted House

43 replies 837 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

With horror films bringing in substantial profits year-round, professional haunted houses are rapidly becoming big business. I think the Adventure District was an alright place for the event at hand but I have been to a few Haunted estates created by Home users that were more scary. >.>

Why Sony NA didn't go with what was staring them in the face is beyond me..

nigh77t.png

(House Photoshopped by jersquall)

Question, How many of you would of paid to enter an official Home Haunted House? Complete with  Games, Rewards and Gifts etc.

''If you build it they will come''

I know Home is based on a Free to play model but as far as events go I believe Home users are not afraid to pay for better entertainment especially during the Holidays. Is this just my thinking?

Without bagging on the Adventure District event what would you guys like to see more of when it comes to events?

This discussion is about Home events and the possibility of maybe paying to get in to said event. Looking for Pro's and Cons of doing so. If Sony had built a Haunted house space would you pay to enter? What would you pay?

Also,  As a side discussion; who here knows of anyone creating scary estate mazes this year?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 1 of 44 (837 Views)
Survivor
2587 posts

Re: Haunted House

Oct 25, 2012
You can count me in!
Message 2 of 44 (821 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

I'm not particularly fond of pay to play venues but that is me. I suppose a mixture of the two could work. The Granzella event in japan does require a costume for flight although I do believe there is an option to fly with a friend for free. The costume is 4 pieces and costs 350 Yen (100 yen items in Japan normally sell here for a dollar). 

I'll have to inquire to be sure.

Message 3 of 44 (807 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I'm not particularly fond of pay to play venues but that is me. I suppose a mixture of the two could work. The Granzella event in japan does require a costume for flight although I do believe there is an option to fly with a friend for free. The costume is 4 pieces and costs 350 Yen (100 yen items in Japan normally sell here for a dollar). 

Thinking back I just don't recall a game themed Oct 31st event any better than our Zombie VS Humans event in which there was no game.!

If it's a monatary issue then maybe we can get something better by paying a bit.

This?

I know it cost money to create and free to play but it was not top teir fun.

This years event? Idunno.. Just missing a little something.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 44 (785 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4467 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I'd be interested in that! Home dev's take notes for next year.

Message 5 of 44 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Couldnt agree more.  Seems more like a luau to me than halloween.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 6 of 44 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I'm not particularly fond of pay to play venues but that is me. I suppose a mixture of the two could work. The Granzella event in Japan does require a costume for flight although I do believe there is an option to fly with a friend for free. The costume is 4 pieces and costs 350 Yen (100 yen items in Japan normally sell here for a dollar). 

Please don't turn this thread into a Japan discussion, thanks.  Also Joanna, I don't think anyone is a fan of pay to play but unfortunately this is the route Home is going. You always have the option of not participating.

I agree with Jersquall 100%, a haunted house theme would have been much better and I wouldn't mind shelling out a few bucks for it. Hopefully the Home team reads this thread and acts on it next year.

Message 7 of 44 (738 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Hobartbob wrote:

Please don't turn this thread into a Japan discussion, thanks.  Also Joanna, I don't think anyone is a fan of pay to play but unfortunately this is the route Home is going. You always have the option of not participating.

I agree with Jersquall 100%, a haunted house theme would have been much better and I wouldn't mind shelling out a few bucks for it. Hopefully the Home team reads this thread and acts on it next year.

I't about Home and Halloween and not about Japan. We can learn a lot by knowing about what is going on in other regions. Knowing what works and doesn't work is helpful. 

And encouraging North American Home to charge even for events is something one needs to think seriously about. There was a time when events like Xi were free to all and the community had a wonderful time in the process.

For what it's worth Japan Home has wonderful events and alway has. We are certainly doing much much better here then we were not all that long ago. 

Message 8 of 44 (729 Views)
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

If you asked me NA could of done more better for the Halloween events(no offence). I mean we gave them suggestions, and ideas. >.>

Last year events was cool, but I don't understand why this one is not even cooler? 

Message 9 of 44 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

Oct 25, 2012

From what I saw this year was more items that you have to buy, and not alot of rewards.

Message 10 of 44 (697 Views)
0 Likes