Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

Re: Haunted House

Oct 25, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote: 

So let me get this straight, in order to get this reward "companion" you have to:

3. Buy Photobooth tickets - .99 (minimum) to take pictures

The Photobooth costs .05 not .99.  I get 60 tickets for 2.99. Tickets are used for lots of things from fossil digging to photo's and more at various venues. 

The prices I've seen here is .99 for 10 - 1.99 for 30 and 2.99 for 60 -  so if you mean breaking it down then? its .10  yes, but the lowest bundle is .99 there is no .05 option.  You may be confusing people when you put it that way. 

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 21 of 44 (253 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote: 

So let me get this straight, in order to get this reward "companion" you have to:

3. Buy Photobooth tickets - .99 (minimum) to take pictures

The Photobooth costs .05 not .99.  I get 60 tickets for 2.99. Tickets are used for lots of things from fossil digging to photo's and more at various venues. 

The prices I've seen here is .99 for 10 - 1.99 for 30 and 2.99 for 60 -  so if you mean breaking it down then? its .10  yes, but the lowest bundle is .99 there is no .05 option.  You may be confusing people when you put it that way. 

I"m not confusing anyone. Your claim that it costs .99 to simply unfair. You might as well add in the cost of the PS3 while you are at it. You are more than entitled to not like Granzella. That's your option.

They provide tons of free rewards. One only needs to go to Neon Downtown to know that. They do however use a mix of  free and pay to play depending upon the situation. The outfit by the way is more than worth the 350 yen. I would have bought that even without the event.  

Screen shot 2012-10-24 at 11.07.31 PM.png

Message 22 of 44 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

Oct 25, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

This discussion is about Home events and the possibility of maybe paying to get in to said event. Looking for Pro's and Cons of doing so. If Sony had built a Haunted house space would you pay to enter? What would you pay?

Haunted House, great Idea. Paying to get in horrible.

Every now and then we should get something cool and free rewards. If you have to pay to receive a reward, is it really a reward?

With that being said, I guess I'd wait for someone to pay, and tell me if it was worth it.

The price of admission would have to be well worth it and the rewards would also have to be on par with something that you would purchase.

Seeing the goofy crap they did with the Adventure district, I would love to see what they think a Haunted House should be like...LOL.

Even though the experience has been lame, I'm not counting out rewards yet until I see them all, all 20 plus.

Which bring me back to my point.  If you have to buy all this crap to get rewards then its not worth it either.

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 23 of 44 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6523 posts

Oct 25, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Now, there was talk about just buying the hair allows you to fly with a friend?, but can you use a friends Glittering sands to access the commerce point and get the table? For those who don't have these items its will cost a total of $10.99 to get one companion, a chair, a table and a candlestick.

You're so off base with your logic, it borders ignorance.

First of all, these "Events" are made for JP Home and people who actually live in Japan as opposed to region hoppers. The Witch outfit would sell in Japan regardless of any benefit to it.

Having access to the personal space is no big deal and I'm sure most Japanese already have GZ tickets since there are far more uses for them there.

Secondly, I have no idea why NA users are so fixated on Granzella. Granzella is good, but my two favorite JP Dev's are O-Two inc. and Will Co.,Ltd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jersquall wrote:

Some good points from all of you. I didn't mind Jo showing what JP has. I noticed she didn't compare and I am sure she wants NA to have equall or even better events. I also understand those who don't want to fork out extra dough for events. I would just like to blow away all regions at least once with an awesome event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, you can count this year out.....LOL. NA, EU and Asia all have the same thing, although we did get 2 things from LOOT.

JP Home knocked it out of the park this year.

Heres a list of what's happening there;

Home Square: Cool interactive event with 2 rewards and 3 nice community rewards coming.

Glittering Sands public Space: We already discussed this.

British Kingdom: No rewards, but nicely decorated.

Peakvox Labs: Zombie Colosseum game with 4 rewards and very nicely decorated.

GAW Fishing Pond: Coming 10/31

Message 24 of 44 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

My outlook on this would be;

Sony knew they could have did something more "Halloween like," something that would at least not be something hashed out and not really grab the Halloween feel.

Do I feel like the event is nice? Sure, the event so far seems to be okay.

However; and in my opinion of course, the games don't catch the appeal of wanting to play. Other then the fact they give you ingredients, where's some game rewards?

I mean, couldn't they like added some electric bolt items? Maybe even have electric eyes, or something of the like.

Even for the dancing; what if this was their chance to maybe add a free emote, of one of the dance moves from the game? Hell, even though the dances are silly. I'm sure people, would have have enjoyed that.

Moving on past the games, where's the Halloween music? Like for the dancefloor area, couldn't they have replaced the music. With something more spooky, and eerie?

I mean, it's Halloween and you're playing casual music to hip hop. Not really any theme factor going on there.

Now, to where you mentioned paying to get into things.

Don't we have enough of that already? Or at least, in concept.

People look forward to events, and majority of Home doesn't spend cash on this network.

As for my earlier comments in this post, it wasn't me bagging on the Adventure District event.

But more so on what I would have liked to seen, or maybe see in the future?

If they decide to have it there again, next year.

Message 25 of 44 (234 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1105 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

Question, How many of you would of paid to enter an official Home Haunted House? Complete with  Games, Rewards and Gifts etc.

''If you build it they will come''

I know Home is based on a Free to play model but as far as events go I believe Home users are not afraid to pay for better entertainment especially during the Holidays. Is this just my thinking?

Without bagging on the Adventure District event what would you guys like to see more of when it comes to events?

This discussion is about Home events and the possibility of maybe paying to get in to said event. Looking for Pro's and Cons of doing so. If Sony had built a Haunted house space would you pay to enter? What would you pay?

Also,  As a side discussion; who here knows of anyone creating scary estate mazes this year?

If Home were to ever have an official Haunted House event for Halloween I would expect to get totally scared.  Blood and gore not needed but an occasional grab by a vampire, mummy or werewolf at an unexpected moment while exploring would suffice. 

Personally I would think admission should be free so the whole community could participate.  Since Home is based on free to play there are those that take it literally and I don't think they should be excluded from events because they choose not to pay to play.  Events should bring the community together, not seperate us because there are those who don't believe in spending money on Home.

Message 26 of 44 (208 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Oct 25, 2012

It puzzles me on why of all places, they chose Adventure District. Surely, Pier Park would've have been more wise or perhaps the Action space. Hopefully PSN hears our cries and does something nice for us... or maybe they plan to and it's just not here yet. :smileysurprised:

Message 27 of 44 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4487 posts

Oct 25, 2012

It depends on the reward(s) really.

I know Home devs need their revenue, and SCE needs to make some kind of dead line I'm sure for profits, but they need to fix the most basic issues with Home first before they ever do something like this.

Then again, looking in the past, they might do something like this next year. Or Lockwood... :smileyvery-happy:

YB

Message 28 of 44 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Oct 25, 2012

The Halloween event space is pretty lame. It's more of a Beach Luau set the at night rather than a Halloween party. I honestly preferred Central Plaza Giant Pumpkin. However this Halloween on Home is the best for me simply because I purchased the Cutteridge Estate along with the Ghost stories bundle with the demonic furniture. I've been holding my own Halloween events with friends and random people on Home. But as several people stated, it''s only because I spent money. I can see why players who don't make purchases would be disappointed. One year people got a free pumpkin full costume and this year... Temporary auras and finger nails. I recommend the Crackle free T-shirt and axe head for free players! At least it's something. Anyways, if anyone is looking for a mean Halloween Bash, send me a friend request. I tend to hold several house parties for every major PS home holiday! Happy Halloween!

Message 29 of 44 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

whusler wrote:
How about cabin in the wood instead?

Edit: Evil Dead trailer removed for violent/disturbing content

I actually suggested that in the October Suggestions Thread a little while ago. :manlol:

bobs fed signature
Message 30 of 44 (158 Views)
0 Likes