Aug 12 2012
By: Siax1 Splicer 47 posts

Has the "Core Spaces" transformation gained more or lost more PS Home casual users?

9 replies 224 views Edited Aug 12, 2012
I always have this discussion with my community of people I hang with on PSN but I want more opinions from random PS Home users to see how the transition from ol' classic PS Home to the Core Spaces update has effected casual users or how it attracts more people to become casual players. I feel like I just typed gibberish but I ain't even care, anyway... How do YOU feel? Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10 (224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Re: Has the "Core Spaces" transformation gained more or lost more PS Home casual users?

Aug 12, 2012
Well since im a random person siax1 i'll let you know how i somewhat feel.

I think like before we have one main space which was conneted to different places to go. It was a nice place. The core spaces were ment to divide up ppl interest. If you love sports, this is your place, if you love dancing, this is your place. For me a better idea would have been to make a better plaza. A bigger main space with all the different interest in it. we still can update stuff... like the bowling alley why not make that bigger and put more games in there. The casual gamer want things to be simple.... and things are not getting any simplier.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 2 of 10 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Has the "Core Spaces" transformation gained more or lost more PS Home casual users?

Aug 12, 2012

I think the bowling alley, should be called the Fun Center. Change is always good!

Message 3 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I've been using Home since late 2008, and was one of the last batch of beta testers for Closed Beta, and I've seen it go through it's many changes. Although I do not care for the Core spaces, I still visit Home from time to time. I will say that alot of the regulars I used to see are gone. Even though the spaces have several people, I feel lonely sometimes while visiting these new areas. I do wish that some of the older areas would make a return.

As one poster put in the suggestions thread, a history of Home. Maybe a museum of some sort. The train station (HUB) could let us visit Central Plaza. The wooden doors being the entrance/exit for the train depot. The doors to the mall, theater could be boarded up. Now here I am rambling lol.
Message 4 of 10 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I'm intrigued to see that you guys share the same opinions as many of my buddies and I do. I personally do prefer things to be more simple and lately everything is way to scrambled up. Also the trains at the hub show no purpose....I really thought they'd use the trains as a cool new transportation system to different spots but sadly we use a teleporter....
Message 5 of 10 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Aug 12, 2012

I only started on Home a month ago so I can't say for sure. But from what I've seen the Core spaces have a lot of users in them. Too many sometimes that it makes it so laggey and you freeze when you  try to leave. The hub is the worst. I don't know why Sony didn't make the Hub better when those trains aren't interactive or anything. All it is, is just this space full of ads where everyone is forced to go when they log in. And supposedly this was Sony's answer to make Home more exciting?

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 10 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I agree, the hub is extremely crowded but that's mainly because you get forced to go there when you start home. Home has lost its color and it's life to me, I still go on every now and then to check out what's new and try to meet new people but it doesn't feel the same anymore.
Message 7 of 10 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Aug 12, 2012

My opinion, they've lost their appeal.

I mean, Central Plaza though it had ads and was crowded from time to time.

It's nothing compared to what The Hub is, meaning The Hub is laggy and with more times the abundance of ads everywhere.

I feel like when I'm in The Hub, it's like Mall Floor 3. Doesn't feel like a central meeting area, for Home. Probably never will, though.

Other core spaces like Adventure District, and the Sportswalk are okay and the appeal of those scream out to me more then The Hub.

Message 8 of 10 (139 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

I'd say it's either stayed the same, or lost a few. The main idea I saw behind the whole core space update was that they'd put out more game content to attract gamers to Home. However, none of the games are very good (in my opinion at least) and I don't see how they could possibly attract new users to stick around when they could be playing the better retail games they already own. With the focus on more game-oriented content over social stuff (the stuff most Home regulars actually ask for), I feel I can easily say they're alienating their former dedicated customers more than anything, leading them to lose more users than they would gain.

Message 9 of 10 (88 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Well I would say it has stayed the same. Some people might have left but some stayed so not much was actually changed. But for me myself, I remain a casual gamer, even though I dont like the spaces that much It wont change me that much but for others I would say they stay being casual

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 10 of 10 (56 Views)
0 Likes