Highlighted
Sep 28 2009
By: MarkSinister Sackboy 560 posts

Has anyone seen Meez.com?

4 replies 29 views Edited Sep 28, 2009
I recently seen this on my friends myspace page and thought it would be cool if we had mocap's like this for our Home avatars.

Message 1 of 5 (29 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Re: Has anyone seen Meez.com?

Sep 28, 2009

MarkSinister wrote:
I recently seen this on my friends myspace page and thought it would be cool if we had mocap's like this for our Home avatars.

Now THERE would be a good use for the motion controller coming next Spring!

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 2 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Sep 28, 2009

Is Sony going to make the Motion controller work with home? I was really just talking about all the animation option they get to use with there avatars, they have hundreds. The list of dances alone is alot to work with.

Message 3 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Sep 28, 2009

MarkSinister wrote:

Is Sony going to make the Motion controller work with home? I was really just talking about all the animation option they get to use with there avatars, they have hundreds. The list of dances alone is alot to work with.

My apologies I didn't actually check it out since it wanted to gripe about Java I just looked at the pics (I'm in the middle of downloading some huge Modo training videos as we speak).

I don't know if Home will support the Motion controller, but it wouldn't surprise me. After all, Maximum Tilt supported six-axis. The only doubt I have is that it's a separate peripheral and they wouldn't want to exclude anyone without the device.

Anyways though, last time I read about the Home Development Kit the new version is going to support dynamic animations which will mean devs can support any number of animations (mocap or otherwise) for their avys, pretty cool prospects there, just so long as it gets utilized.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 4 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Sep 28, 2009

BitRunner wrote:

MarkSinister wrote:

My apologies I didn't actually check it out since it wanted to gripe about Java I just looked at the pics (I'm in the middle of downloading some huge Modo training videos as we speak).

I don't know if Home will support the Motion controller, but it wouldn't surprise me. After all, Maximum Tilt supported six-axis. The only doubt I have is that it's a separate peripheral and they wouldn't want to exclude anyone without the device.

Anyways though, last time I read about the Home Development Kit the new version is going to support dynamic animations which will mean devs can support any number of animations (mocap or otherwise) for their avys, pretty cool prospects there, just so long as it gets utilized.

Yeah I know what you mean. Argh another 3D App, I still haven't even read my book on Z-brush or played around with Unity 3d, not to mention finish reading that stupid XNA book argh to much to do to little time.

Message 5 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes