Fender Bender
2672 posts

Re: Has Diesel also left Home?

Apr 25, 2013

I'm sorry that Deisel is gone for those who liked it. I did buy some things but generally it was too expensive. I do like the Diesel Island although I don't go there much. But it is there when I want it.

Wrangler I notice and I buy some of their things.

One thing about Wrangler I notice is that when I go to a store and see real Wrangler clothes, I realize that in part I remember I saw them on Home. Advertising makes a difference.

When Criss Angel promoted himself with the coffin stuff one of which is missing I paid attention and due in part to those and the promos in the theatre, I watched some of his TV specials. Advertising can work.

(Perhaps those who want their missing coffin would ask Criss Angel about it. I'm sure he has a website. It's a long shot but...)

I can't remember the name of the actor who promoted his TV show with a Lawman top but again advertising helped, I watched some of his shows.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 81 of 87 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I'm cutting Glass and NA management some slack on this one. We're talking about a four-year-old contract that was either signed by Phil Harrison (remember him?) or someone on the EU side. They got blindsided by it as well, as there was no mention in the EU forums that Diesel was leaving.

There are plenty of legitimate communication issues here in NA. This one is splitting hairs, and I'd defy anyone who's going to criticize people for it to put themselves in the same situation and do a better job.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 82 of 87 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

After more than 4 years in Home the agreement with Diesel has come to a successful completion

That is an odd way to describe this.  So is it the goal then for agreements to end?  I would think if it were sucessful it would continue?

GlassWalls wrote:

and their content has been removed from Home as planned

If this was planned, why was there no notification to your customers?  Not just in NA, but EU as well?

The man explained he didn't have time to alert everyone - he even apologized - what more do you want?

Move on - apparently Diesel has...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 83 of 87 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Soooo Diesel still is selling their items in EU Smiley Sad They have a store in the nav with all items still...
Support Forums
Message 84 of 87 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

After more than 4 years in Home the agreement with Diesel has come to a successful completion

That is an odd way to describe this.  So is it the goal then for agreements to end?  I would think if it were sucessful it would continue?

GlassWalls wrote:

and their content has been removed from Home as planned

If this was planned, why was there no notification to your customers?  Not just in NA, but EU as well?

The man explained he didn't have time to alert everyone - he even apologized - what more do you want?

Hmm, in an ideal world, two things:

1) Some actual accountability from someone at Sony. If Glaswalls is truly inculpable, get the person who actually screwed up on here to apologize then. The software engineers certainly had no problem ripping down all the Diesel stuff last week on schedule (a schedule the Sony Home maintance crew surely knew days, if not weeks, if not months, in advance...). Get the people who did know, but didn't tell, on here.

2) What steps in the customer service ladder have been added to ensure this lapse in communication with the community doesn't happen again?

Anyway, that's what I'd expect if Home were a cutting edge customer centric virtual world.

Message 85 of 87 (143 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 30, 2013
I'm just curious as to why again content is removed here but gets to remain on the Eu server is all.
Support Forums
Message 86 of 87 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

May 3, 2013

Apparently Sony/GlassWalls/Home Staff have no interest in letting their customers know why.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 87 of 87 (86 Views)
0 Likes