Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Re: Has Diesel also left Home?

Apr 20, 2013

Well, the Diesel store still works at my private space, it's all old stuff though, no clothes from the museum update. Smiley Frustrated I guess it's a good thing I got what I wanted when it first came to NA. This is crappy.

Message 21 of 87 (317 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Can you ask glaSswals to Bring em back please<3 we need Diesel Back!
Message 22 of 87 (278 Views)
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Apr 20, 2013

They really removed the Diesel store? Omg why? I really liked Diesel's clothes!!! Well EU they had ALL the clothes there which I was hoping they would bring them back to NA but wow...I do have some old Diesel clothes that I bought but It looks like I have time to go buy the rest of the other Diesel items in EU before they go gone.

And I did like the DIesel Museum...it was a unique space!

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 23 of 87 (255 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Does SCEE have rights to Diesel?

I believe they removed Diesel in that part of the region as well, so it's possible it's not just NA that it occurred in.

Message 24 of 87 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Apr 20, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Does SCEE have rights to Diesel?

I believe they removed Diesel in that part of the region as well, so it's possible it's not just NA that it occurred in.

They still have a Diesel store in the EU region, but I don't remember seeing the Diesel Museum when I was there yesterday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 87 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

Apr 20, 2013
If you managed to get some items from Diesel would they now be considered rare items now? Probably in NA only but still owning rare items is a fun way of looking at this. XD
Message 26 of 87 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 20, 2013

What I don't understand, is why WOULDN"T you tell people before removing a space with items for sale? Why wouldn't you shout it from the rooftops? Going out of business sales are a great way to recoup some last minute smackers.

Message 27 of 87 (215 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4526 posts

Apr 20, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

What I don't understand, is why WOULDN"T you tell people before removing a space with items for sale? Why wouldn't you shout it from the rooftops? Going out of business sales are a great way to recoup some last minute smackers.

It's part of Sony's brilliant business plan.   "If we don't say anything maybe no one will notice."  They seem to be applying that strategy with a lot of their products lately.  Based on their falling stock price over the last several years it does not appear to be paying off.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 28 of 87 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 20, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

It's part of Sony's brilliant business plan.   "If we don't say anything maybe no one will notice."  They seem to be applying that strategy with a lot of their products lately.  Based on their falling stock price over the last several years it does not appear to be paying off.

It makes me wonder if this was a decision made by Sony, or by Diesel, though? Perhaps Diesel has a facebook or twitter account that someone could shoot an inquiry to and end some of the conjecture?

Message 29 of 87 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4526 posts

Apr 20, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

It makes me wonder if this was a decision made by Sony, or by Diesel, though? Perhaps Diesel has a facebook or twitter account that someone could shoot an inquiry to and end some of the conjecture?

I'm sure Sony would not remove a space without consent from the developer or without the developer knowing their contract with Sony was ending.  Just as I am sure a developer/sponsor would not be able to remove a space without Sony knowing well in advance that this was going to happen.  

So no matter what, if they wanted to, they certainly could have notified us that the space was going to get removed (which they didn't).... Just as they could have notified us that it got removed (which they didn't), just as they could notify us why it got removed (which they haven't)... But nothing Sony does (or doesn't do) regarding Home, surprises me any more.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 30 of 87 (184 Views)
0 Likes