Jul 10 2013
By: GuiltyBlaze Sackboy 442 posts

Harassment?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 376 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

Not sure if this would be a correct title but..how should I explain this.

Well recently I decided to come back to PSN home after not being on for awhile, I never bought anything there until recently. I liked what I saw and how fun PSN Home was after some exploration, so I bought a few things to support it. But there were some things I've been noticing lately.

Is there some sort of discrimination between free players and players who purchase things? Saw a couple of people calling someone a ''free noob'' because they wore free PSN Home clothing. I've actually got some unwanted attention myself for just buying stuff, people would walk towards me and just say something offensive.

Message 1 of 13 (376 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Harassment?

Jul 10, 2013

GuiltyBlaze wrote:

How to explain...Well recently I decided to come back to PSN home after not being on for awhile, I never bought anything there until recently. I liked what I saw and how fun PSN Home was after some exploration, so I bought a few things to support it. But there were some things I've been noticing lately.

Is there some sort of discrimination between free players and players who purchased things? Saw a couple of people calling someone a ''free noob'' because they wore free PSN Home clothing. I've actually got some unwanted attention myself for just buying stuff, people would walk towards me and just say something offensive.

I'm so confused and at a loss for words.

Hello, GuiltyBlaze

I wouldn't read to much into it Smiley Wink kids are on summer vacation and some adults need rehab. Smiley Happy Just people being less than nice. You do you. there are a lot of great people in there. remember, you can always use the features built into Home to ignore other users. Smiley Wink

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 13 (364 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013
There are some users who may be rude about these certain circumstances of purchasing or not purchasing content but not many will be to concerned and if these users do bother you, just report them using the select menu and then utilize the ignore feature on the user.

As long as you're enjoying your Home experience, it really shouldn't matter if you decide to buy content or not.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 13 (336 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jul 10, 2013

The ignore button is the best lmo they ever created...imho...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 4 of 13 (328 Views)
Sackboy
442 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

I just wanted to know if there was something going on, that's all. Smiley Happy Thanks for the assistance guys

Message 5 of 13 (327 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 10, 2013

GuiltyBlaze wrote:

I just wanted to know if there was something going on, that's all. Smiley Happy Thanks for the assistance guys

We have heard of some who make fun of a users clothing. especially new users who use default clothing. You might reflecton on junior high school  for insight. yeah, it's just like that.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 6 of 13 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Jul 10, 2013

pfff...  I could look just as good with the freebies compared to bought items.  Just saying.  Smiley Happy  Favorite song - Gretchen Wilson: Redneck Woman.  Smiley Very Happy  have a listen.  There is a lot of nice free items out there, but that doesn't hinder me from buying something.  I don't buy buy buy like I used to.  I just can't afford a lot now like I could back then.  Hard to keep up.

Bambi-01us
Message 7 of 13 (295 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6254 posts

Jul 10, 2013

It's unfortunate behavior but immaturity is nothing new when it comes to Home.  I learned early on not to respond or interact with folks that have a negative disposition.  Some will use any excuse to start drama for their own amusement.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 8 of 13 (267 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jul 10, 2013

GuiltyBlaze wrote:

Not sure if this would be a correct title but..how should I explain this.

Well recently I decided to come back to PSN home after not being on for awhile, I never bought anything there until recently. I liked what I saw and how fun PSN Home was after some exploration, so I bought a few things to support it. But there were some things I've been noticing lately.

Is there some sort of discrimination between free players and players who purchase things? Saw a couple of people calling someone a ''free noob'' because they wore free PSN Home clothing. I've actually got some unwanted attention myself for just buying stuff, people would walk towards me and just say something offensive.

Yes, sad to say, unless one has a few paid items, some people will pick on others. Even I got into an argument with someone once and when he really started being a thug, I pointed out he had free clothes. I thank Lockwood for giving things away recently, so some people now have paid for things. It works the other way too. One of my friends was recently picked on by someone he didn't know, just because he was riding a unicorn( the girl was rude).

Block and ignore is the best way to handle things like this

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 9 of 13 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Just ask them if they know who is going to get the last laugh, ignore them, and RUN AWAY.
Message 10 of 13 (192 Views)
0 Likes