First Son
11 posts

Re: Harassment in Playstation Home

Jun 15, 2013

I have the perfect solution for you. Log off pshome, switch off the ps3 and go outside lmfao. Welcome to the real world and now do you need some cheese by the wine. ROFL.

Message 51 of 62 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Message 52 of 62 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I never get harrassed. For as nice a guy as I am I also have an equal hard side. I hold my own. One thing you can do to prevent harrassment is just go into the store and you will be invisible in world. Whoever is bothering you will think you've left and wander off.
Message 53 of 62 (170 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

Jun 15, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
I never get harrassed. For as nice a guy as I am I also have an equal hard side. I hold my own. One thing you can do to prevent harrassment is just go into the store and you will be invisible in world. Whoever is bothering you will think you've left and wander off.

That is what I always do, but now there is a player that continually harasses women in Home.
It's the guy in black that's squatting down. He kept doing that the whole time last night to every female Avy that was there, no matter how many times people told him to stop it.

Going to the shop didn't work at all. He would keep harassing you. Some women even tried to use a male Avy, but even that didn't work. Yesterday, I met him for the first time, and I submitted a report. Today, he was there again doing the same thing, so again I submitted a report.

But what's so frustrating about this behavior is that you, as a female, can do absolutely nothing about it. I've heard from others that Home Moderators say, that they will consider to take action only, when "A lot" of complains are received about a player. So, in essence, when only YOU submit a report about someone, nothing is done about it, until a lot of reports are submitted about that same person.

I can understand that there are those that think: "It's only a doll, just let those pervs have their time", but it's very irritating, and especially when they keep doing that. I mean, up until he appeared I had a wonderful time, but not anymore. Every female which he did that, moved away. I've also noticed that since the last update, even when you 'Ignore', or 'Block' them, now you still see that squat emote.

Why Sony refuses to implement a feature that can make our Avies invisible to others by choice, is really beyond me. Such a feature would really be THE solution to everything.

Message 54 of 62 (161 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I'm sorry that someone fouled your good time. You seem to be a very nice person. Sadly, just as in real life some people have no manners and lack skcial grace. It seems unfair to offer leaving the scene as advice but sometimes that Iis the most effective of options. I would suggest to continue reporting and ignore and possibly finding a better location without this perskn being there to be so distasteful. Female avatars have always had a hard time in HOME. It generally comes from new inexperienced users who have yet to see behind the curtain. A lot of my male friends drive female avatars for a variety of reasons. Wouldnt the man you speak of feel quite the fool if he knew how many men he was defouling himself with? Althiugh its sad that people behave in such a way we are forced to take it with a grain of salt and try to find ourselves with quality friends that tend to weed out negativity. You are most welcome to hang with my friends and I anytime. We would be honored.
Message 55 of 62 (144 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Jun 15, 2013
...am I the only one who hates the keyboard on my phone??
Message 56 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 15, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:

Nope. Phone keyboards are from the devil.Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 57 of 62 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
80 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Spoiler

Today peakvox froze me and my canadian friend, total ps3 console freeze, so they need to look into this

Message 58 of 62 (121 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
I'm sorry that someone fouled your good time. You seem to be a very nice person. Sadly, just as in real life some people have no manners and lack skcial grace. It seems unfair to offer leaving the scene as advice but sometimes that Iis the most effective of options. I would suggest to continue reporting and ignore and possibly finding a better location without this perskn being there to be so distasteful. Female avatars have always had a hard time in HOME. It generally comes from new inexperienced users who have yet to see behind the curtain. A lot of my male friends drive female avatars for a variety of reasons. Wouldnt the man you speak of feel quite the fool if he knew how many men he was defouling himself with? Althiugh its sad that people behave in such a way we are forced to take it with a grain of salt and try to find ourselves with quality friends that tend to weed out negativity. You are most welcome to hang with my friends and I anytime. We would be honored.

It's alright. You really don't need to apologize, as this is ofcourse nowhere your fault. Smiley Happy I don't blame you, Sony or anyone else. I can only blame myself for letting things like this get to me. I know a lot better then that. I'll make sure that I report him each time that I see him doing that. Thank you for the kind words. I'll keep them in mind. Smiley Happy 

Message 59 of 62 (110 Views)
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Jun 15, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

MrFirstPlayer wrote:

Nope. Phone keyboards are from the devil.Smiley Tongue

for some reason when i read that i pictured someone holding a computer keyboard to their head and talking into it like a phone. Smiley Very Happy

Message 60 of 62 (105 Views)