Feb 14 2014
By: SamKoInc First Son 2 posts

Harassment Problems

21 replies 1018 views Edited Feb 14, 2014

Hello. I've been on Home for awhile now, but I have chosen to post this on an alternate account as to remain anonymous.

I've really enjoyed my experience on Home so far. I've been around since August, and I've never really run into any trouble until the beginning of January. I started visiting a certain space more frequently since then, and there is one user there that continues to harass my friends and me to no ends. He has been reported several times by multiple people. I'm not sure if any of those reports ever led to a ban, although I doubt it, but even if they were, he just creates a new account to harass everyone all over again.

I really hate for my time to be disrupted by this person. I do my best to ignore him, but it's difficult to when he continues making new accounts almost weekly. So what I'm asking is if anything can be done about this? I know it's a bit extreme, but I really think that someone that goes this far into harassing others ought to get an IP ban because clearly nothing else is working.

Message 1 of 22 (1,018 Views)
Fender Bender
3261 posts

Re: Harassment Problems

Feb 14, 2014

I would suggest relocating from this "space" or leave and return and try for a different instance, Ignore,Report and Block.  

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 2 of 22 (1,015 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

I do try to ignore, block, and everything of that sort. But again, it's extremely difficult to avoid him when he keeps making a new account. I just really hate my time being ruined by people that take enjoyment out of trolling others.

I've added just a small bit of the sort of things he says to nearly everyone for just about no good reason other than to talk people down... I really hate to see people like this ruining Home for others, so I really wish something can be done about people that insist on making account after account just because they really have no life other than to make others miserable.

Inappropriate content removed

Message 3 of 22 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28580 posts

Feb 14, 2014

As suggested, try to find another instance or go to another space. And do use the IGNORE and BLOCK features. Definitely report the person(s) as needed.

If matters continue, you can send a PM (Private Message) to HomeForumMods. Include the PSN ID of the alleged offender, the date, time, time zone and details of the offense.

Additionally, do not talk to the alleged offender or talk about him. If you do talk to him or about him in public, this will only encourage him to continue. If you must talk about him, I suggest doing so in private.

Personally, I never IGNORE or BLOCK. I just tune out and report. These types of people are too small for me to make a big problem out of them.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 4 of 22 (988 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

Hey there,

Zeelot gave you the best advice available. Report and walk away. it will take some time to have the report read and processed but it will be handled. Moderators can't really do a I.P. ban  Banning consoles for extreme violations is what is what they have been doing . Banning by IP will ban an entire household or dormitories that share a I.P. 

Mac ban I'm not familiar with..

You have it tough I understand but you have either tools to use or choose a different path. As unfair as that sounds it's what many have for current options.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 5 of 22 (987 Views)
VP of Gaming
28580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

SamKoInc wrote:

I do try to ignore, block, and everything of that sort. But again, it's extremely difficult to avoid him when he keeps making a new account. I just really hate my time being ruined by people that take  

Just tune them out. There's a lot of people who hate me, yet I have no trouble enjoying myself in Home.

By the way, as we get the idea, there was no reason to post images with foul words in them. And it's against the Rules of Conduct on this forum.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 22 (983 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3155 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Conrad_Max wrote:

SamKoInc wrote:

I do try to ignore, block, and everything of that sort. But again, it's extremely difficult to avoid him when he keeps making a new account. I just really hate my time being ruined by people that take  

Just tune them out. There's a lot of people who hate me, yet I have no trouble enjoying myself in Home.

By the way, as we get the idea, there was no reason to post images with foul words in them. And it's against the Rules of Conduct on this forum.

Or he can just block them like he said! people may stop hating you when you stop telling others what to do! 

original.gif

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatantI
Message 7 of 22 (949 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Block anyone that bothers you.

/thread

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 8 of 22 (927 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Feb 14, 2014
What did you do to make someone mad enough to go out of their way to harass and annoy you so much? Most people don't go to such extremes unless provoked! I've been on here since closed beta (6 yrs) and have seen a lot on home!
SmokyBonz
Message 9 of 22 (918 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Delete the mutual friend(s) between you and the person who keeps following you. The mutual friend is obviously telling the stalker where you are or leading him to you.  If you don't know who the mutual friend is , then you are going to be filling up your Block List needlessly.

Message 10 of 22 (911 Views)