Apr 16, 2010

these topics/posts are all

Message 51 of 73 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
432 posts

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 16, 2010

The only valid concerns about hacked items in terms of affecting game play are......NOTHING. Verifying Purchased items is completely irrelevant to this issue, and someone with hacked items can't affect your loading time more than anyone with legit items. And for the record, the item hacks that people are using only give them access to items that are FREE rewards. Like getting a free t-shirt at the kudzu festival without having to show up. No one is getting items that would cost you money for free.

Yeah, it sucks for those who have spent considerable time getting over 1Mil points in Resistance mini-game to see someone with the hoody who hasn't earned it, or someone in the Bonmucho costume that didn't save up 3,000 pickories. But none of these items should affect your gameplay. However, you should also have no way of knowing that they haven't done these things the legit way(with the only exception i can think of being the EA prize crown & anything you get from trophies).

However, people only seem to have a problem when they see something from Japan that they want and can't have. And these people throw it in the air like all these people should be crucified for it......only because no one will tell them how to do it. If they were sent a walkthrough explaining it in microscopic detail, we would see a whole lot more gargoyles and skeletons around CP for sure...

Then there are those of us who know how to do it,at least in theory, who CHOOSE not to for whatever reasons. We may chime in every now and then, but it's only ever to calm down someone who's pitching a fit over how they saw someone in a cool costume, and that person wouldn't tell them how to get it.

I've spent HUNDREDS of dollars in the Playstation Store and in Home, and every reward item I have was received in the legit manner without bypassing or screwing around with any of Sony's systems. If I wanted an item from Japan I would.....(ready for this)....CREATE A JAPANESE ACCOUNT AND GET THOSE ITEMS ON THAT THE LEGIT WAY. There you go....you want a gargoyle costume, or a skeleton costume, or whatever the next big thing is? Go to your good pal Google and ask it how to create a Japanese PSN account.

Or, if you DON'T want to do it that way, the next time you see someone with a costume that you want, if they won't tell you how to do it, RESIST THE URGE TO GET YOURSELF UPSET and go to Google....and search. There is no knowledge on the internet that is out of your power to posses.

Message 52 of 73 (265 Views)
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Apr 16, 2010

I'd recommend reporting those who you feel are breaching the PSN Terms of Service by using this:

http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx

Message 53 of 73 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Nov 1, 2013

well i thought they took care of the home items hacking and yet im seeing new items only available in the uk and jp . at acorn alone today ive seen the big cat black panther avitar  lmo and the black panther companion and the halter top with animated back tattoo . i like the items wish they were here legitimately. just wondered what happened to the fix ?

Message 54 of 73 (239 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28560 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Over three yeas and six months later...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 55 of 73 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Over three yeas and six months later...

its sad all this big money to fix the crap that shut us down for 2 months and all these updates and maintanences of home .and you would think they would have fixed hacking idiots .

Message 56 of 73 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Conrad, this is what happens when we tell people to use the search feature instead of creating their own threads about a subject.. You cant complain about them resurrecting old threads like this AND complain about people not using the search function. Got to pick your poison.
Message 57 of 73 (217 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Abandon Thread!!! Because it old!!!

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 58 of 73 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Nov 1, 2013

SpicyEyes5 wrote:

well i thought they took care of the home items hacking and yet im seeing new items only available in the uk and jp . at acorn alone today ive seen the big cat black panther avitar  lmo and the black panther companion and the halter top with animated back tattoo . i like the items wish they were here legitimately. just wondered what happened to the fix ?

the big cat black panther avatar lmo isn't a hack, it's available for purchase in the vemee printer.. the halter tops w/ animated tattoo and some other items from eu are are buyable through player inspect which means sony is making cash from it.
Message 59 of 73 (198 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28560 posts

Nov 1, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Conrad, this is what happens when we tell people to use the search feature instead of creating their own threads about a subject..

I always suggest that the most recent thread, no older than two months can be used. If the thread is older than that, go ahead and start a new discussion as the information in the older one may no longer be applicable or valid. And some of the participants in the older thread may no longer be a part of our community.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 60 of 73 (193 Views)
0 Likes