3914 posts

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 16, 2010

M_C_A_S_ wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

those are only free items we hack...

I could be wrong but isn't hacking illegal? Does it not slow everyone's load times due to verifying purchased items and other verifications causing grief for the entire community?

No, it doesn't. Would you like to tell me where you heard that? Also, don't cite GlassWalls. When it comes to such things he is usually pretty.. how do I say this? Uninformed. I've caught him quite a few times giving people misinformation (regarding things such as Sodium and the items that can be won from it), which I made sure to correct! 

There are numerous photos from numerous sources of people with the latest and greatest from Japan (and various paid things which are considered to be illegal), many of which have been posted here. Moderation has even posed with said people. Ilegal? Hell no, they condone it. 

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
hello guys heres the deal theres a reason why items are region specific because of the lisencing ( you guys hack thats a federal offence and will be charged with prison/debt ) its illegal guys so stop before the feds come in k. ( it also ruins peoples home experience by seeing arses with hacked items bragging ) ( did i mention a report hackers? )

I know you have below the intelligence of your average rock, but how about you provide evidence for your claims? Would you like to cite some sources that specifically mention the federal government getting involved with PlayStation Home? Now I've heard claims of Sony Computer Entertainment of America taking people to court over it, but those were just scare tactics. If you look around, you'll find that no one that was involved with the first wave was taken to court. 

I am in no way affiliated with the practice that is discussed in this topic. However, I can tell you that this thread is full of a lot of misinformation and speculation. I do however know a few people who are and were, but they will remain nameless. I can also tell you for a fact that many people who frequently use Home and the forums (believe it or not) have at one point in time done it. LilBlueEyes had no problem showing everyone her green light leek which originated in Japan not too long ago, and even received a direct reply from GlassWalls.

However; it wasn't a reply regarding what she was wearing. It was a reply to say that it was a cute picture. 

PS: Anyone who is familiar with the moderation team should know that scare tactics are nothing new from them. 

You should read this carefully ^_^:

http://us.playstation.com/support/termsofuse/
http://us.playstation.com/support/privacypolicy/index.htm

""You may not conduct any activities that violate any local, state or federal laws, including but not limited to, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud, and the distribution of counterfeit software.""

Also this ^u^:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/

http://www.nextlevelgamer.com/counter-strike/video-game-hackers-face-10-years-in-jail

Now, you see? not matter if it's home or second life or singles or WoW or halo or uncharted 2, Hacking is a Federal Crime.

Yes, but I don't think we're going to see any federal involvement simply because it's not as big of an issue as you think it is and Sony can (and is) taking care of it themselves. Who knows, perhaps they're waiting to completely fix it before they ban. After all, that would be the smart thing to do.

Message 41 of 73 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ADAMPwns wrote:

M_C_A_S_ wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

I could be wrong but isn't hacking illegal? Does it not slow everyone's load times due to verifying purchased items and other verifications causing grief for the entire community?

No, it doesn't. Would you like to tell me where you heard that? Also, don't cite GlassWalls. When it comes to such things he is usually pretty.. how do I say this? Uninformed. I've caught him quite a few times giving people misinformation (regarding things such as Sodium and the items that can be won from it), which I made sure to correct! 

There are numerous photos from numerous sources of people with the latest and greatest from Japan (and various paid things which are considered to be illegal), many of which have been posted here. Moderation has even posed with said people. Ilegal? Hell no, they condone it. 

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
hello guys heres the deal theres a reason why items are region specific because of the lisencing ( you guys hack thats a federal offence and will be charged with prison/debt ) its illegal guys so stop before the feds come in k. ( it also ruins peoples home experience by seeing arses with hacked items bragging ) ( did i mention a report hackers? )

I know you have below the intelligence of your average rock, but how about you provide evidence for your claims? Would you like to cite some sources that specifically mention the federal government getting involved with PlayStation Home? Now I've heard claims of Sony Computer Entertainment of America taking people to court over it, but those were just scare tactics. If you look around, you'll find that no one that was involved with the first wave was taken to court. 

I am in no way affiliated with the practice that is discussed in this topic. However, I can tell you that this thread is full of a lot of misinformation and speculation. I do however know a few people who are and were, but they will remain nameless. I can also tell you for a fact that many people who frequently use Home and the forums (believe it or not) have at one point in time done it. LilBlueEyes had no problem showing everyone her green light leek which originated in Japan not too long ago, and even received a direct reply from GlassWalls.

However; it wasn't a reply regarding what she was wearing. It was a reply to say that it was a cute picture. 

PS: Anyone who is familiar with the moderation team should know that scare tactics are nothing new from them. 

""You may not conduct any activities that violate any local, state or federal laws, including but not limited to, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud, and the distribution of counterfeit software.""

Also this ^u^:

http://www.nextlevelgamer.com/counter-strike/video-game-hackers-face-10-years-in-jail

Now, you see? not matter if it's home or second life or singles or WoW or halo or uncharted 2, Hacking is a Federal Crime.

Yes, but I don't think we're going to see any federal involvement simply because it's not as big of an issue as you think it is and Sony can (and is) taking care of it themselves. Who knows, perhaps they're waiting to completely fix it before they ban. After all, that would be the smart thing to do.

Of course not, that's not going to happend, but SONY should do something, in some sites hackers are getting better hacking items that aren't free.

Message 42 of 73 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Apr 16, 2010

M_C_A_S_ wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

M_C_A_S_ wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

Johnnybeachboy wrote:

Also this ^u^:

Of course not, that's not going to happend, but SONY should do something, in some sites hackers are getting better hacking items that aren't free.

I can also tell you for a fact that they aren't obtaining those items for free. But I think Sony has it under control, they're constantly working on it but they are really understaffed in the Home department as they always have been. 

Message 43 of 73 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ADAMPwns wrote:

M_C_A_S_ wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

M_C_A_S_ wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

Johnnybeachboy wrote:

Also this ^u^:

I can also tell you for a fact that they aren't obtaining those items for free. But I think Sony has it under control, they're constantly working on it but they are really understaffed in the Home department as they always have been. 

I don't care for those who hack that funny Japanese mask, that's ok, its their problem, BUT some of them are hacking items that you and i bought.

Message 44 of 73 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Apr 16, 2010

Johnnybeachboy wrote:

Ok ive seen an increase in hacked items (Japan items mostly) in Home. I feel this needs to be stopped or the Home Devs give us the items since they also have them. Ive also heard the HCM allow it and have been letting it go on. I also believe this is ridiculous. Has anyone ever heard of people allowing users to break the TOS? anyone agree?

i havent bothered with these forums in quite some time but your name always peeks my interest........mainly because, arent you the person who only posted begging people for free stuff a few months back and never wrote more than a subject line and also made up numerous excuses about 711 codes when you lived within a few miles of a 711?  so what are you upset now cause you cant get more "free" things?......

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 45 of 73 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ha!  even your sig is still  begging for items

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 46 of 73 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2137 posts

Apr 16, 2010

lol man, most information from newbs here are all wrong. Way to stir up fear! So stupid.

Photobucket
Message 47 of 73 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Apr 16, 2010

djepic112 wrote:

lol man, most information from newbs here are all wrong. Way to stir up fear! So stupid.

Then why don't you enlighten the masses with your "knowledge"???

JPConway

Message 48 of 73 (139 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Apr 16, 2010
dude that was months ago stop dregging things from the bottom of the home fourms also im not begging in my sig
Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Message 49 of 73 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Apr 16, 2010

Johnnybeachboy wrote:

Ok ive seen an increase in hacked items (Japan items mostly) in Home. I feel this needs to be stopped or the Home Devs give us the items since they also have them. Ive also heard the HCM allow it and have been letting it go on. I also believe this is ridiculous. Has anyone ever heard of people allowing users to break the TOS? anyone agree?

"IF I CAN'T HAVE NEAT THINGS NEITHER CAN YOU!"

Message 50 of 73 (139 Views)
0 Likes