Survivor
2175 posts

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 16, 2010

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
its true its a fed offence but under son its breaking tos im just saying its possible someday

There's a difference between hacking & cracking btw. 

http://www.geek.com/forums/topic/hacking-and-cracking

This little article vouches for those certain individuals who shall not be named. Although they should know who they are...

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 31 of 73 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Apr 16, 2010

The "hacked" items are FREE items from other regions. Most people hack and buy. The correct term is "EXPLOITED ITEMS", but whatever. LOL, but I get the feeling ur jealous u can't get the items you see. LOL

Message 32 of 73 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Apr 16, 2010

TitusF wrote:

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
its true its a fed offence but under son its breaking tos im just saying its possible someday

There's a difference between hacking & cracking btw. 

http://www.geek.com/forums/topic/hacking-and-cracking

This little article vouches for those certain individuals who shall not be named. Although they should know who they are...

There's an intellectual distinction to be made between the two, but under US federal law any unauthorized access to content on a server is considered hacking, and is a punishable offence.
Would a judge actually convict someone for home related items? doubtful. Could he? absolutely.

Message 33 of 73 (92 Views)
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Apr 16, 2010

hyperkane wrote:

Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

those are only free items we hack...

I could be wrong but isn't hacking illegal? Does it not slow everyone's load times due to verifying purchased items and other verifications causing grief for the entire community?

No, it doesn't. Would you like to tell me where you heard that? Also, don't cite GlassWalls. When it comes to such things he is usually pretty.. how do I say this? Uninformed. I've caught him quite a few times giving people misinformation (regarding things such as Sodium and the items that can be won from it), which I made sure to correct! 

There are numerous photos from numerous sources of people with the latest and greatest from Japan (and various paid things which are considered to be illegal), many of which have been posted here. Moderation has even posed with said people. Ilegal? Hell no, they condone it. 

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
hello guys heres the deal theres a reason why items are region specific because of the lisencing ( you guys hack thats a federal offence and will be charged with prison/debt ) its illegal guys so stop before the feds come in k. ( it also ruins peoples home experience by seeing arses with hacked items bragging ) ( did i mention a report hackers? )

I know you have below the intelligence of your average rock, but how about you provide evidence for your claims? Would you like to cite some sources that specifically mention the federal government getting involved with PlayStation Home? Now I've heard claims of Sony Computer Entertainment of America taking people to court over it, but those were just scare tactics. If you look around, you'll find that no one that was involved with the first wave was taken to court. 

I am in no way affiliated with the practice that is discussed in this topic. However, I can tell you that this thread is full of a lot of misinformation and speculation. I do however know a few people who are and were, but they will remain nameless. I can also tell you for a fact that many people who frequently use Home and the forums (believe it or not) have at one point in time done it. LilBlueEyes had no problem showing everyone her green light leek which originated in Japan not too long ago, and even received a direct reply from GlassWalls.

However; it wasn't a reply regarding what she was wearing. It was a reply to say that it was a cute picture. 

PS: Anyone who is familiar with the moderation team should know that scare tactics are nothing new from them. 

Message 34 of 73 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Apr 16, 2010

Just give it time. It will be the same as glitching. 

When it was just a few people glitching they did nothing about it and didn't see it as a big deal. Eventually everyone started learning how to do them and they could no longer just ignore it and had to do something to try and stop it.

The same pattern is forming with these hacked items. First it was just a few people doing it and it was a well guarded secret. Now it's exploding and more and more people are doing it and have the items. Just about anyone can get the hook up now and eventually it will become so prevalent that Home management's hand will be forced to do something about it.

So you don't need to worry about it or even do anything. The hackers are going to spoil it for themselves because they can't keep a secret or apparently stay out of public spaces.

Message 35 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ForeverRival wrote:

When it was just a few people glitching they did nothing about it and didn't see it as a big deal. Eventually everyone started learning how to do them and they could no longer just ignore it and had to do something to try and stop it.

The same pattern is forming with these hacked items. First it was just a few people doing it and it was a well guarded secret. Now it's exploding and more and more people are doing it and have the items. Just about anyone can get the hook up now and eventually it will become so prevalent that Home management's hand will be forced to do something about it.

So you don't need to worry about it or even do anything. The hackers are going to spoil it for themselves because they can't keep a secret or apparently stay out of public spaces.

From what I understand they've already taken measures to stop the exploit but were unsuccessful. 

Message 36 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ADAMPwns wrote:

ForeverRival wrote:

From what I understand they've already taken measures to stop the exploit but were unsuccessful. 

Do you think they will just give up and stop trying? Took a few attempts to stop the glitching too. They may never remove it completely, but they can certainly make it harder so that it becomes less prevalent.

Message 37 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ForeverRival wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

ForeverRival wrote:

Do you think they will just give up and stop trying? Took a few attempts to stop the glitching too. They may never remove it completely, but they can certainly make it harder so that it becomes less prevalent.

To be honest.. yeah, I do, assuming you're talking about Sony Computer Entertainment. As far as glitching goes.. that angered a vast portion of the community even causing some users to switch over to Second Life. It wasn't even harmful. 

Message 38 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Apr 16, 2010

xXZACARDXx wrote:

Johnnybeachboy wrote:

Ok ive seen an increase in hacked items (Japan items mostly) in Home. I feel this needs to be stopped or the Home Devs give us the items since they also have them. Ive also heard the HCM allow it and have been letting it go on. I also believe this is ridiculous. Has anyone ever heard of people allowing users to break the TOS? anyone agree?

Oh jealousy is such a horrible thing.

hahahahahaha oh kid, it's much easier to follow a online guide to exploite the R2 hoodie or the trashman trophy than making 1,000,000 points and win them or if you see smething great in Japan, you know that we don't have it here so you exploite it, it's more objective to say that hacking is for jealousy. No matter if you only exploite free items, it is still against the rules. 

Message 39 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ADAMPwns wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

those are only free items we hack...

I could be wrong but isn't hacking illegal? Does it not slow everyone's load times due to verifying purchased items and other verifications causing grief for the entire community?

No, it doesn't. Would you like to tell me where you heard that? Also, don't cite GlassWalls. When it comes to such things he is usually pretty.. how do I say this? Uninformed. I've caught him quite a few times giving people misinformation (regarding things such as Sodium and the items that can be won from it), which I made sure to correct! 

There are numerous photos from numerous sources of people with the latest and greatest from Japan (and various paid things which are considered to be illegal), many of which have been posted here. Moderation has even posed with said people. Ilegal? Hell no, they condone it. 

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
hello guys heres the deal theres a reason why items are region specific because of the lisencing ( you guys hack thats a federal offence and will be charged with prison/debt ) its illegal guys so stop before the feds come in k. ( it also ruins peoples home experience by seeing arses with hacked items bragging ) ( did i mention a report hackers? )

I know you have below the intelligence of your average rock, but how about you provide evidence for your claims? Would you like to cite some sources that specifically mention the federal government getting involved with PlayStation Home? Now I've heard claims of Sony Computer Entertainment of America taking people to court over it, but those were just scare tactics. If you look around, you'll find that no one that was involved with the first wave was taken to court. 

I am in no way affiliated with the practice that is discussed in this topic. However, I can tell you that this thread is full of a lot of misinformation and speculation. I do however know a few people who are and were, but they will remain nameless. I can also tell you for a fact that many people who frequently use Home and the forums (believe it or not) have at one point in time done it. LilBlueEyes had no problem showing everyone her green light leek which originated in Japan not too long ago, and even received a direct reply from GlassWalls.

However; it wasn't a reply regarding what she was wearing. It was a reply to say that it was a cute picture. 

PS: Anyone who is familiar with the moderation team should know that scare tactics are nothing new from them. 

You should read this carefully ^_^:

http://us.playstation.com/support/termsofuse/

http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/u/u_tosua_en.html (almost the same)
http://us.playstation.com/support/privacypolicy/index.htm

""You may not conduct any activities that violate any local, state or federal laws, including but not limited to, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud, and the distribution of counterfeit software.""

Also this ^u^:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/

http://www.nextlevelgamer.com/counter-strike/video-game-hackers-face-10-years-in-jail

Now, you see? not matter if it's home or second life or singles or WoW or halo or uncharted 2, Hacking is a Federal Crime.

Message 40 of 73 (93 Views)