Reply
Apr 15 2010
By: Johnnybeachboy Uncharted Territory 1804 posts
Offline

Hacked: Items in Home

72 replies 799 views Edited Apr 15, 2010

Ok ive seen an increase in hacked items (Japan items mostly) in Home. I feel this needs to be stopped or the Home Devs give us the items since they also have them. Ive also heard the HCM allow it and have been letting it go on. I also believe this is ridiculous. Has anyone ever heard of people allowing users to break the TOS? anyone agree?

Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog


Join the Helghast Army today!
Message 1 of 73 (799 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2009
Offline
5806 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 15, 2010

No offense John but this subject has brought up sooo many times just this week lol

Sure it sucks for the honest buyers but oh well. But what can we really do (Lets give those AK's a purpose in PSHome!! lol jk jk!) It's their risk. Read my below sig V

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 73 (799 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
4834 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 15, 2010

Message 3 of 73 (799 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/13/2009
Offline
175 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 15, 2010

those are only free items we hack...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 73 (799 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
51 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 15, 2010

 


Johnnybeachboy wrote:

Ok ive seen an increase in hacked items (Japan items mostly) in Home. I feel this needs to be stopped or the Home Devs give us the items since they also have them. Ive also heard the HCM allow it and have been letting it go on. I also believe this is ridiculous. Has anyone ever heard of people allowing users to break the TOS? anyone agree?


 

Oh jealousy is such a horrible thing.

 

Message 5 of 73 (799 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
4834 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 15, 2010

 


Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

those are only free items we hack...


 

I could be wrong but isn't hacking illegal? Does it not slow everyone's load times due to verifying purchased items and other verifications causing grief for the entire community?

 

Message 6 of 73 (799 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/23/2009
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 16, 2010

yes  hacking other region home items is illegal and any 1 can report u for hacking and if a mod sees u with a hacked item u can get banned

Message 7 of 73 (799 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
51 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 16, 2010

 


to-late-2-game wrote:

yes  hacking other region home items is illegal and any 1 can report u for hacking and if a mod sees u with a hacked item u can get banned


 

wrong. Mods dont care if you wear gear because its free your not doing anything wrong and you cant report someone for wearing something you dont have out of jealousy.

 

Message 8 of 73 (799 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/22/2009
Offline
871 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 16, 2010

There's nothing wrong except violating the TOS and possible copyright issues. Seems to me these people are only craving attention anyway.  It's time they started banning the PS3's mac addresses to teach people a lesson. That would get them some attention.

Message 9 of 73 (799 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/29/2008
Offline
1448 posts
 

Re: Hacked: Items in Home

Apr 16, 2010

hyperkane wrote:

 


Mr-Icecorn2 wrote:

those are only free items we hack...


 

I could be wrong but isn't hacking illegal? Does it not slow everyone's load times due to verifying purchased items and other verifications causing grief for the entire community?

 


Is that true about the loading times?  Makes sense.  If it's true, I think more people should know it because the Home hackers are sort of viewed as these Robin Hoodesque type heroes who are sticking it to the man.  If they knew that their insane load times were because of them, maybe they wouldn't have so many fans. 

 I mean, think if Robin Hood had really bad gas.  Sure, the townsfolk would still appreciate the goodies but eventually they would just say "Sorry, Robin.  I know it looks like we are starving and need gold but, really, we are okay.  If you have money to send to our village, please mail it."

 

_________________________________________________________________
"That sarcasm's most unbecoming, Eli. It's gonna hold you back even worse than your lazy eye."
-Marshal Johnson, Red Dead Redemption-

Message 10 of 73 (799 Views)