Highlighted
Mar 10 2007
By: DarKaoZ Wastelander 924 posts

HOME the future?? A 3D Internet Browser??

4 replies 526 views Edited Mar 10, 2007
In Gametrailers.com there is a interview with Phil Harrison, in there the gametrailer guys ask a really good questions...

Q: You said something about gaming and non-gaming companies were going to be able to have their own channels, how's that going to work like for places like Gametrailers.com?

A: I think this is a opportunity for media channels who are restricted to the 2 Dimensionality of the web to take something to the 3 Dimensionality of HOME, I believe the same content could be enjoyed inside a dedicated Gametrailers channel, that should be really cool.

---------

Now... I never thought of this, but I can see a bigger picture now, Home could turn out to be a 3D Internet, you can visit your favorite websites in 3D, read your mail in a 3D environment, etc etc. This has a lot of potential and not just in video games, in so many ways media too... dunno, but I can't wait to see if this idea turn real, it should be a step forward for the way we see internet sites.
Message 1 of 5 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Re: HOME the future?? A 3D Internet Browser??

Mar 10, 2007
So like you can watch tv shows, stuff that is on a real tv. If so what provider will they go with?
Message 2 of 5 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 22, 2014
Message 3 of 5 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Nov 22, 2014

haley_stars wrote:

and you have bumped a load of threads from 2007, why exactly?

Message 4 of 5 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2014

:^/ Maybe Haley just wants the conversations of yesteryear to resume, in today's context, for contrast. Or maybe that's reading too much into it. I do find these wistfully ironic, though.

Message 5 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes