May 08 2007
By: jeff21234~ Lombax Warrior 97 posts

HOME is NOT a game!

13 replies 1 views Edited May 8, 2007
I seem to notice in multiple threads that alot of folks here on the forum seem let down by hame. They say its a boring game, or i cant wait to play it, or im gunna be the best at it.
Home is not a game its more of an online 3D forum like this in a way. Its a GUI (graphical user interface) version of an instant messanger combined with add ons that you access other members content as well as 3rd party stuff. Sure you can play games against other users but you can do that with yahoo messanger too and i have never heard anyone say how the game of YIM was boring. This is cause everyone knows its not a game.

To be fair you can play around alot in home. Yopu can shop and buy furniture and show off cool trophys you get from various games.. so thats cool.

But im afraid alot of people who really dont know what it is are going to spread bad mojo around..

My 2 cents worth...

Maryland PS3 Team ID 55312

Message 1 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Re: HOME is NOT a game!

May 8, 2007
I agree; this is something I said a long time ago.  An interactive xmb with a few bells and whistles is how I look at Home.  I'm afraid people's expectations are gonna cause them a lot of disappointment over this.  Ah well.
Message 2 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

May 8, 2007
Not a game?

I was hoping to level up quickly by collecting pixie dust and being able to buy a Vorpal Sword +3.....

So this isn't like WoW ?!?!? NOOooooo.....!!!!
Message 3 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7018 posts

May 8, 2007
Not a game?

I was hoping to level up quickly by collecting pixie dust and being able to buy a Vorpal Sword +3.....

So this isn't like WoW ?!?!? NOOooooo.....!!!!

ROFLMAO

PLAYB3YOND
Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 3, The Last Of Us
PLAYSTATION®3 - PLAYB3YOND

New User Guide | MVP Discussion | Mr. Satsu® | MVP FAQ | Community News | My PS3 Games
Message 4 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

May 8, 2007
no, as defined by the great game industry developers years and years ago, virtual networking worlds are not games.

thanks for a hugely exciting topic to further your sense of well being.
Message 5 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

May 8, 2007
Its the foundation of the playstation communication experience.
Message 6 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

May 8, 2007
Great...now I can't be a lvl72 Dungeon Master and totally uber pwn people...
Message 7 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

May 8, 2007

aguba wrote:
Great...now I can't be a lvl72 Dungeon Master and totally uber pwn people...

HA HA!! Dungeon Masters don't have levels, geek!!!

(I love that Alltel commercial)
Message 8 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

May 8, 2007

jeff21234 wrote:
I seem to notice in multiple threads that alot of folks here on the forum seem let down by hame. They say its a boring game, or i cant wait to play it, or im gunna be the best at it.
Home is not a game its more of an online 3D forum like this in a way. Its a GUI (graphical user interface) version of an instant messanger combined with add ons that you access other members content as well as 3rd party stuff. Sure you can play games against other users but you can do that with yahoo messanger too and i have never heard anyone say how the game of YIM was boring. This is cause everyone knows its not a game.

To be fair you can play around alot in home. Yopu can shop and buy furniture and show off cool trophys you get from various games.. so thats cool.

But im afraid alot of people who really dont know what it is are going to spread bad mojo around..

My 2 cents worth...

first of all those who dont inform themselves really dont know what to expect, but for those of who do read know exactly what to expect from home network

Message 9 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

May 9, 2007
But you can play games in it like pool, bowling, basketball, soccer, arcade games, etc.
Message 10 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes