I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Re: HOME is NOT a game!

May 9, 2007
The more I see about HOME, the more i think it'll be a minor distraction for the PS3 like any other downloadable game, such as flOw, Super Rub A Dub, etc.

it'll be fun to be in, but is it going to be something you're going to want to be in all the time, or will it just be something you'll use maybe 5 minutes every day to check out whatever, or play a quick game of bowling.

Of course I'd love it to become something you would want to be in a lot, but the way things are going right now, it'll be something you'll occasionally use.

Perhaps this is me just lowering my expectations and be pleasantly surprised if I get more.

(PSN: CraigHwk)
Message 11 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

May 9, 2007

jeff21234 wrote:
I seem to notice in multiple threads that alot of folks here on the forum seem let down by hame. They say its a boring game, or i cant wait to play it, or im gunna be the best at it.
Home is not a game its more of an online 3D forum like this in a way. Its a GUI (graphical user interface) version of an instant messanger combined with add ons that you access other members content as well as 3rd party stuff. Sure you can play games against other users but you can do that with yahoo messanger too and i have never heard anyone say how the game of YIM was boring. This is cause everyone knows its not a game.

To be fair you can play around alot in home. Yopu can shop and buy furniture and show off cool trophys you get from various games.. so thats cool.

But im afraid alot of people who really dont know what it is are going to spread bad mojo around..

My 2 cents worth...

Either this is a very old topic, or I saw someone post this exact same thing a month ago. I belive someone replied but it has games in it, so you cant claim that it isnt a game entirely.
Message 12 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

May 9, 2007
Is AOL a game? Yet you can play games in it....Is Yahoo a game? Yet you can play games in it.....Same thing with Home....its not a game its a virtual environment (just like AOL and Yahoo, but with a different user interface) that contains some games among other things.
Message 13 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

May 9, 2007
its more of a place to meet other gamers. or people with no real social skills.
Message 14 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes