Sep 24 2007
By: ViNGaDoRjr First Son 12 posts

HOME Pet System and Season Simulator.

12 replies 5 views Edited Sep 24, 2007
I do hope for some kind of pet system on Home in a near future. It could be great if we could raise some cats, dogs, fishs or other real animals on this virtual world. It would be a very addictive thing for this community, to have something that could resembles a pet simulator. It would be a opportunity with high potentials for Sony, and its only up to them how to explore this pet system.

Maybe Sony could charge for the pets. something like U$ 2,99 for cats and reptiles, U$ 3,99 for dogs and U$ 3,99 for a aquarium with 3 fishs (U$ 0,99 for extra fishs) included. The charges would function like a way for this pet system not become a joke in game, cause if every body have one then maybe it would loose the fun and would mess the with the game´s concept, and Sony would gain an extra too. You cannot feed him, but if you dont play (toy) with him every in a while he will become a angry one, except for the fishes (hehehehhe), this last stays on your apartment and serves as a gorgeous paid decoration, and as a collectible. You could walk with them thought all the places outside your house, not only on your house, and when you take your pet with you for a walk, you must put the collar (is the right term?), otherwise your pet could run loose for a while (angry pets running loose would be fun hehehehe) before he goes back to your house.

Ho... they should put a penguin as pet too! I just love that little black jacket fluffy animals.

Well... If the developers think that the first idea are too complicate to implement on Home or would mess with the system priority, At least they should put in Home a stray cat (maybe a white one) and a stray black dog walking careless on the streets and interacting with the people and with the eviroment.

The name of the cat could be Mister Shankx (MS if you dont get) or other anagram, and the name of the dog could be Gap, the name of the Killzone 2 main character or another anagram that represents in some way the Sony PS3 brand or attitude, or they could made a contest for the two names.

They could interact between them, with the dog aways winning the fights.

If the developers dont like all of this pet and/or anagram stuff, they should simple implement some nature on the eviroment of Home. Some birds flying and some street animals could be a great add for the system at all.

With all this global care problems that we are taking part, it would be great if Sony could show their worries by adding some natural elements on Home like some "season simulator" and/or city animals and the likes. It would be great if they try and reproduce the seasons in-game, like the tree leaves falling on october, flowers on spring, and all other season wonders like summer (clothless fashion) and winter (more cloths).

It could mean the use of a more efficient fashion system, as this last was announced to be presented on Home by Kaz Hirai on this last TGS, could lead to more hype from the press and could mean a even more positive impact on us, consumers of around the world that worries bout our world problems.

To finish my post, i would like to say that if Sony shows some more global care worries, this could only lead to positive things for the Sony´s Marketing Department.

Please, put your comments about this ideas, and maybe they listen to us.

- Unemployed Gamedisign -
Message 1 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Re: HOME Pet System and Season Simulator.

Sep 24, 2007
sounds liek fun i would get a big snake to scare all the girls that will come to my home
Message 2 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2153 posts

Sep 24, 2007
"I think Ninja Pirates riding skateboarding rhinos down the street would be a great addition."  "I think having pets poop on the sidewalk and dogs sniffing each others privates makes for a great game."  Are you people serious?  Have you no concept of Home?  It's a virtual reality chat room.  A place to meet other people to go play a game with.  This is not the Sims.  This is not a game.  It's just a service, an extension of the XMB.  Nothing more.  Please, for the love of all that is holy, stop these silly threads about pets and such.  Your all just working yourself up into a frenzy and will be invariably disappointed when the final product is available.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 3 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

You take the Point!

Sep 24, 2007
You are soooo right, you said: "It's just a service, an extension of the XMB.  Nothing more.".
But maybe by doing this, Home would ascend from a simple service, like you said before,  to a more real, life comunity, integrating the real life world problems.

The point is: people identification. 

It could lead to a more profitable service for Sony than its is actualy meant to be.
Message 4 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Sep 24, 2007
Your ideas sound great! If only we worked at Sony... Seasons would be great! And what about an actual Downtown, where you can:
  • Get a haircut (at the barber shop/ hair salon)
  • Buy clothing, shoes, accessories...
  • Buy electronics (TV's, ect)
  • Buy Kitchen stuff
  • Buy Furniture
  • Buy Musical Instruments
  • Get Pets (as you described them..)
  • Buy a Cell Phone
  • Nightclubs

Also real interaction where you can not only talk to each other, but hold hands, kiss, hug, play red hands, play rock-paper-scissor, etc.

Message 5 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Re: Re: HOME Pet System and Season Simulator.

Sep 24, 2007
this is a great idea expecialy the season simulater.what would be cool too is a weather simmulater like sunny,rainy,overcast.etc i would like a downtown too.Id get a dog.And i hate when people say "its not the sims" well if we had this stuff...a:we wouldnt get so bored.B:sony would get more profits they could use to give uP better things and C:the consumor which is most important thing to sony.It would be cool to meet phill in home once in a while.would be better if when he comes he looks for home mods
Message 6 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10714 posts

Sep 24, 2007

dshibby0925 wrote:
sounds liek fun i would get a big snake to scare all the girls that will come to my home

I didn't know 7 year old where allowed in the fourm?
Message 7 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Sep 24, 2007

dshibby0925 wrote:

I scare girls with my big snake all the time.
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 8 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Funny

Sep 24, 2007
I admit, that snake comment was a funny one. But lets not go too far from the idea.
Message 9 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Re: Funny

Sep 24, 2007
I have a Jack Russell in real life, in no way do I need a virtual pet. LOL
But a Monkey with a bell-boy uniform on following me would be great!
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes