Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Re: HOME PASSPORT PROGRAM

Aug 10, 2010

tdarb wrote:

As far as travel goes i agree, but just because I go in gamestop I should be able to buy all the games sold in europe and japan as well. Does anyone see the absurdity in that? There is SOOOOOO much involved in digital distribution that the consumer never sees.

That's how distribution rights work. It doesn't matter what the item is. If I own the right to balled up paper and you try to sell it in the US, I will sue you. You may win, but by the time you do you have spent several hundred thousands in lawyers' fees, and I got free publicity while my injunction on your sales holds.

okay this last part of your comment didn't make any sense. If I chose to visit Japan and walk into a store and saw a music cd that I found enjoyable so I buy it. Now. legally that music cd is mine to take home with me so I can play it on my sterio in my car ore in my house. The only thing that I cannot do with it, is make copies and distribute them like crazy and sell them and receive money from it, that would be illegal and called piracy!

Buying a product through Home whether it be a peice of virtual clothing for my avatar or personal space, is still me buying the item from them but set up in on a online fashion, once that virtual item is downloaded to my HDD than that product is mine to use for my entertainment and use during my Playstation Home experience. I would not however be able to take what I just bought and sell them to my friends or make copies to multiple systems. Almost what we got now.  Things can work out and it can be done!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 11 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Aug 10, 2010
If you are wanting to visit personal spaces from differenent regions in Home, I have someone who is involved with DPS Tours who might be willing to show you their apartment. Hit me up if you're interested.

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 12 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Aug 10, 2010

I Like It!

Message 13 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Aug 10, 2010

homeboy79 wrote:
If you are wanting to visit personal spaces from differenent regions in Home, I have someone who is involved with DPS Tours who might be willing to show you their apartment. Hit me up if you're interested.

thank you for that offer. I was looking on Youtube under the Cbeyond's virtual tours and I saw the Tree house and it looked very cool looking almost reminded me othef  Swiss Robinson's Tree House that you see in Disneyland in California. It brought some childhood memories back to mind when I use to go up there it was awesome to explore the different rooms and such!

I have been using Home since November 2008 since it became open to the public, lately I have been having more time to go on. I have like a dozen apartments at the moment. I just like the atmosphere and the exploration aspect part of each of the new rooms!

The main reason for this thread is just to allow Home Developers know that traveling from region to region under one account like I use this one for all my gaming would be something to look into! I am sure if people showed more interest in the ideal than we might see in the future!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 14 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Aug 10, 2010

FreshRevenge wrote:

okay this last part of your comment didn't make any sense. If I chose to visit Japan and walk into a store and saw a music cd that I found enjoyable so I buy it. Now. legally that music cd is mine to take home with me so I can play it on my sterio in my car ore in my house. The only thing that I cannot do with it, is make copies and distribute them like crazy and sell them and receive money from it, that would be illegal and called piracy!

Buying a product through Home whether it be a peice of virtual clothing for my avatar or personal space, is still me buying the item from them but set up in on a online fashion, once that virtual item is downloaded to my HDD than that product is mine to use for my entertainment and use during my Playstation Home experience. I would not however be able to take what I just bought and sell them to my friends or make copies to multiple systems. Almost what we got now.  Things can work out and it can be done!

in your example you, the product and, the vendor are all physically in the same place. In Home that is not the case. You are not there, and it falls under a digital distribution right. It's similar to why canadians can't get Hulu, and we can't use the BBC player in the US.

Home items are stored on the server, and downloaded as you use them. There is some caching involved, but on the whole it all resides on the server.

Message 15 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Aug 11, 2010

FreshRevenge wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

If we are able to buy things in other regions and can bring them back on our local avatars - I am for it...

exactly, I feel that the PASSPORT PROGRAM, which anyone that was interested in buying, than the fees that you paid would help with networking across different regions! I want to buy the Treehouse but I don't want to make another account to do so. So if I went to the European Home than bought something there than I can use it back here on the American Home or Vice Versa

This is actually similar to an idea I have had and wanted for Xbox Live and PSN(mostly for Home & PSN downloads) for years, but it may never come to pass for either system.

Friend of all consoles including the 360, especially the Xbox 360 actually. ;-)
Message 16 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Aug 11, 2010

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

If we are able to buy things in other regions and can bring them back on our local avatars - I am for it...

I would totally do this.

Marloo the Red
Message 17 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Aug 12, 2010

I'm all for the idea! I would be in JP all the time! Smiley Tongue 

Message 18 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Aug 12, 2010

I'm sure the reason why we can't travel to other countries and buy their good has to do with a ton of legalities. I don't think it's just because someone is being mean and won't take the time to make it possible lol.

This is an idea I would LOVE to see happen, but I think there's a lot of stupid legal bullskee that prevents it from coming true.

Message 19 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Aug 12, 2010

To give an example with which I'm sure everyone is familiar, just think of the situation with Canada and North American Home. The US and Canada are the world's largest trading partners, with our two economies being highly integrated, and yet getting simple participation in NA Home events by Canadians is a Gordian Knot. So just try to imagine the difficulties involved in allowing legal and financial transactions to occur between the four PS Home regions of North America, Europe, Asia and Japan. I don't think anyone is trying to be "mean" either. lol All the same, I hope SCEJ, SCEHK, SCEE AND SCEA all have people actively searching for ways to bring about greater integration among the various Homes.

Message 20 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes