Aug 10 2010
By: FreshRevenge Treasure Hunter 4797 posts

HOME PASSPORT PROGRAM

19 replies 226 views Edited Aug 10, 2010

Now I think Home is an Excellent way of meeting other gamers from the comfort of your own home. I enjoy the many locations that we currently have, and know we will get more in the future. However there are places that I feel I want to go to but can't because the place just happens to be in Japan or the U.K. There are some apartments that I see like the TreeHouse or The Dam which we don't currently have in our mall.

I was thinking about this and how it's kind of frustrating that one might have to create a different account just to log in to visit those places. I don't like this idea because I want the one account that I use mainly to make all my Home purchases and online purchases to under one PSN ACCOUNT. So how can this work?

Now this is an Idea of mine but it could open up different ways of interaction in the Home community. If Sony could set up a PASSPORT PROGRAM, that a costumer who wanted to travel to different regions in the Home World he/she could buy. Either a monthly fee or 6 month fee or an annual fee.

Now these fees would help pay for Network solutions to help making travels from region to region a lot easier and also allow microtransactions made in different areas are made using the one account you set up in your default Home Country(ies). So if an user was from Japan wanted to log into Home and visit the mall in America than he/she would buy a Passport Program allowing them to visit their destination without creating different accounts!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 1 of 20 (226 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: HOME PASSPORT PROGRAM

Aug 10, 2010

If we are able to buy things in other regions and can bring them back on our local avatars - I am for it...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 20 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Aug 10, 2010

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

If we are able to buy things in other regions and can bring them back on our local avatars - I am for it...

exactly, I feel that the PASSPORT PROGRAM, which anyone that was interested in buying, than the fees that you paid would help with networking across different regions! I want to buy the Treehouse but I don't want to make another account to do so. So if I went to the European Home than bought something there than I can use it back here on the American Home or Vice Versa

Message 3 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5132 posts

Aug 10, 2010

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Id Definitely Like That !

Message 4 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
764 posts

Aug 10, 2010

xX-SLYF3R-Xx wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Id Definitely Like That !

Agreed! 

Message 5 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 10, 2010

Are you kiddin? If the "Passport Program" would allow me to travel and visit the other regions and just gain their free/reward items, it would be worth payin a small fee for. If it allowed me to make purchases in other regions using my main PSN account and moneys, I would pay a yearly subscription fee on par with the PSN+ program!

They could travel and buy in closed BETA...we should be able to do it now. It isn't so hard for them to give us the ability again, even if it IS for a fee.

Of course, this is only my opinion, your mileage my very.

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Message 6 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Aug 10, 2010

FreshRevenge wrote:

Now I think Home is an Excellent way of meeting other gamers from the comfort of your own home. I enjoy the many locations that we currently have, and know we will get more in the future. However there are places that I feel I want to go to but can't because the place just happens to be in Japan or the U.K. There are some apartments that I see like the TreeHouse or The Dam which we don't currently have in our mall.

I was thinking about this and how it's kind of frustrating that one might have to create a different account just to log in to visit those places. I don't like this idea because I want the one account that I use mainly to make all my Home purchases and online purchases to under one PSN ACCOUNT. So how can this work?

Now this is an Idea of mine but it could open up different ways of interaction in the Home community. If Sony could set up a PASSPORT PROGRAM, that a costumer who wanted to travel to different regions in the Home World he/she could buy. Either a monthly fee or 6 month fee or an annual fee.

Now these fees would help pay for Network solutions to help making travels from region to region a lot easier and also allow microtransactions made in different areas are made using the one account you set up in your default Home Country(ies). So if an user was from Japan wanted to log into Home and visit the mall in America than he/she would buy a Passport Program allowing them to visit their destination without creating different accounts!

That is an interesting idea. I like where you are going with it, but more work would be required to make it cover intellectual property. They could certainly use it to allow travel to and from, but would only be allowed to offr a very select assortment of items for sale.

Content distribution rights holders vary from region to region. That is largely why we have no GI Joe items in NA home. It's not because the movie was terrible or because the guys that released the items in EU just don't want to make money in NA. They just do not have the rights to sell the items to us.

Message 7 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Aug 10, 2010

tdarb wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

That is an interesting idea. I like where you are going with it, but more work would be required to make it cover intellectual property. They could certainly use it to allow travel to and from, but would only be allowed to offr a very select assortment of items for sale.

Content distribution rights holders vary from region to region. That is largely why we have no GI Joe items in NA home. It's not because the movie was terrible or because the guys that released the items in EU just don't want to make money in NA. They just do not have the rights to sell the items to us.

Okay as far as travel goes I think being able to get there without looking on Youtube to figure out to make an Japanese account and vice versa should be no problem. I feel since Sony should be united among different regions than they can set up a global network among Sony Corporation. And Home is a Sony product!
Now as far as purchases go I feel almost like a Western Union type transaction could be made. So if I happened to be in the U.K Home or the European region and visit the mall and made a purchase the funds would be wired. Or using the Playstation Network Cards can be used to make purchases almost like Visa.
I think to start off if the item is within the Sony's Label than making purchases should be okay. So aquiring the rights to download those items should be assigned  to your PSN Handle regardless of region codes?

Message 8 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Aug 10, 2010

I think this has some merit.

Especially on the purchasing of "Sony" Items.  Now - I am no lawyer - so I am sure some items are region locked.  If that is the case - then I would think they can be "blocked" for anyone having the passport program.

If someone wants an item bad enough - they can/probably will create another PSN ID for that region just to obtain those items.

Personally - I think the program should allow visitation only and the ability to win any "free items".  At least to start off.  This would (I hope) negate any reason to have to "purchase" this program. 

JPConway

Message 9 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Aug 10, 2010

FreshRevenge wrote:

Okay as far as travel goes I think being able to get there without looking on Youtube to figure out to make an Japanese account and vice versa should be no problem. I feel since Sony should be united among different regions than they can set up a global network among Sony Corporation. And Home is a Sony product!
Now as far as purchases go I feel almost like a Western Union type transaction could be made. So if I happened to be in the U.K Home or the European region and visit the mall and made a purchase the funds would be wired. Or using the Playstation Network Cards can be used to make purchases almost like Visa.
I think to start off if the item is within the Sony's Label than making purchases should be okay. So aquiring the rights to download those items should be assigned  to your PSN Handle regardless of region codes?

As far as travel goes i agree, but just because I go in gamestop I should be able to buy all the games sold in europe and japan as well. Does anyone see the absurdity in that? There is SOOOOOO much involved in digital distribution that the consumer never sees.

That's how distribution rights work. It doesn't matter what the item is. If I own the right to balled up paper and you try to sell it in the US, I will sue you. You may win, but by the time you do you have spent several hundred thousands in lawyers' fees, and I got free publicity while my injunction on your sales holds.

Message 10 of 20 (226 Views)
0 Likes