Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Guys who use female avatars

May 23, 2011

i have both male and female. but i chose female seeing i dont want to see a guys but all the time in a game if i have to

Message 51 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

May 23, 2011

why are you just looking at your own avatar ?   why aren't you looking at others ?  narcissistic maybe ?

Message 52 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

May 24, 2011

I will be straight up honest.  I have only done it a few times, but there has always been a catch.  Usually it's when we have some type of competition going on and the loser has to cross dress.  Its usually only for a few minutes, but its good for a laugh.

Message 53 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9319 posts

May 24, 2011

well put lilblueye's you seem to know your stuff

Message 54 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4810 posts

May 24, 2011

This topic will rise again on these thread boards again and again due to most people on the forums don't really dig back to search the topic. Some who want to sound like Forum experts will reply back with the old saying "why didn't you use the search button? this topic has been discussed before." Some will notice it more because they are constantly glued to one area of the forums, I can name of few. Yet I don't see the point regarding the OP question.

Most people on Home that I notice don't really play games, some indication is their trophy list or the games that they play on their list. Some people just use their PS3 just for the Home Application. Yet with real gamers, the ones that actually play games could understand why a guy would dress up as a girl. I think games like Tomb Raider and Bloodrayne and Jenny from Primal ( look it up if your not aware)were bench marks in having lead female protagonist play the role of hero. Men for the most part and women think that's all they think about are sexual beings. This is how our species have survive for thousands of years. If men weren't attracted to women or had some sexual tendencies our species would be extinct by now. I think our culture has changed dramatically with our views on the sexes. Every thing is how to place your fork at the dinning table and how to ask for mustard.

I tell people that I am a guy only when they ask. In the meantime I just talk about the games that I am playing or looking forward to play. I don't really discuss anything of sexual nature on Home because I don't use Home as a online dating service. Now I know many who may think they have no chance of meeting a woman in the real world due to our social pressures of looking like movies stars to be accepted, it crushes some users alter ego or self esteem to the point that online chatting has become their outlet to meet someone. Does this mean we should insult them for doing this. No it's not. My post may cover some areas other than the OP question but I wanted to throw a foundation leading to my reason that I use my girl avatar in Home.

My reaons that I use my female avatar in Home is one I am attracted to women naturally. I think looking at a female avatar on Home is more alluring than at a guys avatars. Now in games I think I prefer a female avatar because I think I better connect with character within the game. Like Lara Croft, guys will naturally start to care for the character. Here I am I am guiding this girl through all these obstatcles to get to the final goal. You want to protect her through your adventure. Men are naturally stronger for a reason, they are to fight off harm. So I think guys like myself who use a female avatar our just as normal as anyone. I remember when I made my avatar and took the time to create a character that I  can relate to in real life. The users who scoff or treat the user that has a female avatar probably doesn't have the experience behind them or maturity to understand this among gamers.

One of my friends who was a girl was using a male avatar due to the treatment she gets on Home ask me if I was guy and I told her  yes. She didn't walk off but she just laugh. None of  our conversations were nothing of a sexual nature and she was on my friends list for a while before she knew. So she knew that I was a nice guy at least.

There are many reasons why a guy would use a female avatar but as long as you are understanding and not one of these users who thinks "well if your male you just need to use a male avatar just because it's normal. We define normal based on what our society or culture has dictated what is normal. So some users will get offended just due to their upbringing. Humans are like robots we are programmed how to behave and think and believe from the moment we are born. So some users have the mentality of some one with a set way of living and thinking that they at the present time unable to understand. I hope this helps but if you like to talk more I use Home sometimes. I haven't really been Home that much cause I am trying to platinum some of my games at the moment but can use some nice Home buddies!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 55 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1308 posts

May 24, 2011

FreshRevenge wrote:

This topic will rise again on these thread boards again and again due to most people on the forums don't really dig back to search the topic. Some who want to sound like Forum experts will reply back with the old saying "why didn't you use the search button? this topic has been discussed before." Some will notice it more because they are constantly glued to one area of the forums, I can name of few. Yet I don't see the point regarding the OP question.

actually someone did resurrect this thread as it originally started back in dec 2010.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4810 posts

May 25, 2011

ApriL83 wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

actually someone did resurrect this thread as it originally started back in dec 2010.

well maybe this thread but of course not this topic! I started a similar topic back when Home just open up. I discuss or ask if there were guys who have female avatars. I think users on Home overblow the situation more than what it is worth. However new users will come onto Home and ask the same question. I have been on this forums other than this Home section a long time so I don't really overreact when  I see it again. Since I surf around the forums. One moment I am in the God of War section next I am in the PSP section or the lounge, next I can be in the Batman Arkham Asylum or the Horror section.

It like how many times do you see the thread Title "What are your top 5 favorite games?"

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 57 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

May 26, 2011

Well, That is a good question, And i feel as if i have seen this asked a few times before. But here is my reasons personally...

My first month of Home i was a female because there newblet clothes look better then males.

Then i was a Homeling (Blah) and did it as Nos said, In order to achieve a better looking alien avatar.

Then i did it rarely, But still enough to where i was recognised either way (Male or female)

After that i did it to show off my Vega Masked female.

I have been usign a female avatar for awhile, not because of some issue with myself or how i percieve the world... But instead i use them to simply be what i want at that point in time.

After all, Being who you want is one of the main selling points in Home (Right?).

You might as well ask why people wear Costumes, or why they glitch there avatars to be unloaded constantly or have noodle legs.

Thanks for this question however because after home went down i got bored.

Signature for ChrisMSandvig
Message 58 of 122 (311 Views)
First Son
28 posts

May 26, 2011

This is the greatest thread ever read...seriously, I was constantly entertained...

Message 59 of 122 (311 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 26, 2011

TOO CREEPEE FOR ME,BUT HEY, LIVE N LET LIVE,,,LMAO.....  the_three_stooges_693615.jpg

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 60 of 122 (311 Views)
0 Likes