I Only Post Everything
676 posts

Re: Guys who use female avatars

May 23, 2011

Agreed, I think some people are looking way too much into it. The majority of guys that use female avatars probably just like watching a lady run around. Sure they'll be the odd weirdo in Home, but If a guy likes using Chun-Li in SFIV, Zoe in L4D, Sheva in RE5, or a female Shepherd in ME2, the list goes on... does that make him some sort of deviant?

Message 41 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2587 posts

May 23, 2011

I use both genders. Why? Because I Love PlayStation Home So much that one day decided to do my female avatar and buy clothing for her. Since then I buy the lates fashion from both genders.

The 1st avatar is myself in real life. Haircut, color, clothing, etc. The 2nd avatar is someone I imagine. I call her Lydia my sister. hehehe. Because I'm only child. Now I have a virtual sister. LOL

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-17-2010 11-47-42.JPG

tonydamiani - male version

PlayStation®Home Picture 11-5-2010 10-41-43.JPG

tonydamiani - girl version

Message 42 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

May 23, 2011

well i never used one but nextime you see the seamonster just remember i'm a dude

Message 43 of 122 (285 Views)
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

May 23, 2011

On games I do sometimes... like 25% of characters I make but I wouldnt use one on Home. People on Home are already hipocrates by asking others to behave as they would in real life BUT look however they want. Pretending to be the opposite sex just to see how many guys try to flirt with you is just pathetic.(yeah kinda fun fpr some people I guess). Honestlly I just think its rude and childish. But as many people say about these kinds of topics to each their own.    

P.S. If you wanna use the opposite gender then fine do it, but dont call people who step in the middle of other peoples conversations and start dancing childish and immature.

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 44 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
807 posts

May 23, 2011

Finally some common sense.

It's to bad people hide behind excuses and reasons rather than just being themselves. My favorite one is "protection". If you need a group of people to change their avatars so you feel safe rather than report the person or ask them to stop, you shouldn't be on Home for lack of maturity. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. It's a SOCIALLY based interaction. The same goes for the males, I highly doubt you were asked to "protect" your female friends, it's more like you don't want them taken away from you. Classic Alpha Male response.

It's human nature for males/females to try and interact with the opposite sex, no matter what the reason. It doesn't mean we are trying to "hook up".

Now If you will excuse me, the 3 Billy Goats Gruff are talking mad shiz about walking over my bridge
Message 45 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1142 posts

May 23, 2011

ATRamos1652 wrote:

BattleOji wrote:

First, I use female avatars almost exclusively. Honestly I am kind of baffled by anyone that freaks out over that. I just figure its the younger or immature crowd that has a real problem with it. You know that guy that runs away when he finds out your a guy... you think he freaks out when you turn out NOT to be Anubis, Egyptian god of the dead? You wouldnt believe how many kids are disappointed to find out I'm not really a 'mallow headed samurai! I was talking to this guy last night that looked like a little old chinese guy with a oversized baseball cap. Guess what? 17yr old kid that couldn't figure out how to change his avatar... i was so... shocked! 

Second, your using home to do what? To hook up? Seriously? What, too pathetic or nerdy to meet girls in RL? Thats okay, dude, lots of guys are but just expect your future to be filled with trannies, furries, FNM's and trekkie cosplayers.

Lastly, I'm not a trannie, I'm a Ranma and I'll will so kick your ***. LOL.

Back: Ranma

Front: Girl-type Ranma

The funny thing about that is that I could be like Gemma on Home by slapping on the Panda mask.

Back: Panda-type Gemma

Front: Gemma (Ranma's father)

See what I mean? 

heh lol. Awww I miss the mini space tho it needs to come back. i use a female avatar sometimes just for the fun of it.
Psn=
Message 46 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

May 23, 2011

Just about everyone I know has developed a decent, none-newbish, female avie and even with screen names like; Jason_The_Dewd(sorry Jason_The_Dewd if there really is one) new users(assumption) still persist.

Why do I wear female avie? The same reason I wear my other avies......BECAUSE!!

It would be a shame to waste potential. Someone said it earlier: Home is not a dating network.

*goes to Japan server to get married for the 7th time this week*

Rock on, girl avies!!  FTW!!! (for the win >.<)

n_n

Message 47 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

May 23, 2011

I've dressed as a female twice.  Why?  Simple: to get the Christmas reward two years ago that required you to be the female zombie, and to get the Zombie t-shirt from the Maze in that Burn Zombie, Burn space.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 48 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 23, 2011

hey, i just joined this forum but dnt quite knw how to participate in d discussions, cn u tell me how?

Message 49 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3258 posts

May 23, 2011

Welcome Djerun7!

Well, your post is visible so it looks like you're already on the right track!

Here's a link to the Guidlines for the Home Forums: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3390600

These guidlines also contain a couple useful links you might want to check out.   Enjoy!

Message 50 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes