Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Re: Guys who use female avatars

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I've had plenty of friends who I originally thought to be a member of one sex, and I later discovered they were the other. It made no difference to me. I have some friends who are hamsters, some turkeys, and others are dogs (GASP!!! HISSS!).

If you want to be my friend on Home, I'm assuming I will never really know your sex, so it doesn't matter. Switch it up if you want. Home is not a dating service (and I wouldn't really recommend it as one... there are better ones out there, by far!), and I am not looking for a date or ANY kind of virtual romance anyway, so your RL gender isn't important in the end. In this way, Home is actually a great opportunity to expand your horizons beyond sexual stereotypes if you simply take gender off the table, and look at the avatars themselves as individual works of art. Some people prefer to work with the female form, and that's fine by me.

Also, to all my "male" Home friends, I sent you all some those SUPER cute pink outfits available from the Lockwood gift machine, so I hope you all will have some fun dressing up in them. The heels make a great mix-n-match item. And the hair is just terrific... so by all means, GO FOR IT!

Message 111 of 122 (700 Views)
VP of Gaming
28872 posts

Oct 4, 2012

CameraCat, that wa pretty cool of you.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 112 of 122 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2689 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Ah, this topic. One of the few topics that I actually care to smite the protesters of, lol.

Theres a couple different reasons. For one, I do feel like the girls get nicer clothes than the guys. Two, female avvys feel like they move faster (even without locomotion) than males. Three, I like the female avvy animations more than the male ones (Twirl >>> Spin. That is all.) I have some male avvys saved too, including the proper "me" as an avvy, but I actively use female avvys for the above reasoning. And no, I don't trick anyone. The opposite, in fact; I actively CORRECT people who assume girl.

And to the haters? I ask them: Do they play RE as Jill/Claire/Sheva/Helena/Sherry? Soul Calibur as Ivy? Mortal Kombat as Sonya? The list goes on, as you can imagine. If they say yes to any of them, thats when I ask them, "Then how is a female avvy on Home any different?"

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 113 of 122 (687 Views)
Sackboy
282 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I agree with many of the more recent replies. I myself use a guy avatar every so often. Though I may receive nasty comments due to a "guy" walking around with my username floating above... But Home doesn't represent real life and people really need to realize that. I have plenty of friends who use characters of both genders on Home and all video games alike. They're my friends because of who they are, not what they are.

MissMajor_ForumSig_Hearts
Message 114 of 122 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I'll be really s3xy hyper after some 40%alcohol .....and I wonder where are the slithery tenticals at? I need.... Smiley Tongue

PSH Fun time drunk.jpg

stevedann19 wrote: Its not easy getting a real date IRL thats why i feel like burning down a church.
Message 115 of 122 (639 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I don't.

This thread was bumped twice. Hopefully a certain somebody on here doesn't catch wind of this thread, or they are going to have a field day.

Message 116 of 122 (627 Views)
Fender Bender
3240 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I did it for the lol's,but on a serious note just wanted to see what made the female avatar's different and from what I found out is, if your female looks cute a bunch of random dudes would come up to you and want to have a chat and keep sending you friend request's, I have never been friend requested so much and in so little time in my life. 

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 117 of 122 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

Hopefully a certain somebody on here doesn't catch wind of this thread, or they are going to have a field day.

Take note not of  who turned up for the lecture. Instead, observe who is not present. Class is now in session. Yes, let us all pray this notorious radical you speak of does not catch wind of this thread.

Message 118 of 122 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I think it's weid. Smiley Tongue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 119 of 122 (556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 16, 2014

There's nothing wrong with creating female avatars if you're a guy because I do that too.  I have female avatars of Vanillie and Lightning from Final Fantasy.  Crimson Viper, Sakura, Chun Li, and Rose from Street Fighter IV.  Lili, Alisa, and Asuka from Tekken 6.  And I have Sheva Alamor from Resident Evil 5.

Message 120 of 122 (285 Views)
0 Likes