First Son
10 posts

Re: Guys who use female avatars

Apr 30, 2012

I use the female avatar for several reasons , one is that I like how well they designed, two i love women in general and thre their clothes just fit better lol. whats really funny but kind of sad is that there are guys who actually think that they are talking to real

women when almost 80% of the gamers in home are guys. all a Avatar is  is a video fantasy or representation of what you want to be seen as in the cyber world , some of these guys need to remember that.

The legend continues
Message 91 of 122 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Let me tell ya what!  Back in Feb 2009 when i first got on home the very first time... I had to make an Avatar! Well i tried the male one first was gonna base it off me. Saw it and was like oh NO!  nah!  Deleted that one. Made a female one it looked better right from the beginning. And if i'm looking at it all the time is better be Female!   HA HA!

That was way back in Feb 2009...  I saw Home at the time with that avatar!  It wasn't based on me and i was not going around acting like it was me either!  It just Looked better to see on my TV Screen!  

I left Home then wasn't plaiing on ever coming back! It was PLAIN! and BORING to say the least! Came back two weeks later. Saw a poster in Home Square... Said Street Fighter 4 Costumes Coming Soon! I WAS LIKE WHAT?!?!?!?!

Are ya kidding me!  Well now that's something to get me to come back on Home since it was plain and boring prior to those costumes... He He!  So they added them. I only had money to buy one when they first came to Home.

And guess what one i bought first?  YEP! Chun-Li why? Because she is from my Video Games and out of the ones they made first she was the Best Choice!  So Yes Chun-Li was my first Home costume i ever bought on Home back then!

I bought all the other costumes a few weeks later and got all SF and tekken costumes since 2009.  If it weren't for these Costumes i wouldn't even be on HOME today!  And u know Chun-Li looks way better than Ryu or Ken or Guile. 

Was not trying to act as a girl she was just a character from my game and i like Chun-Li so that's why i made my choice to buy her first! 

To me HOME may of started out PLAIN and BORING! And most Avatars before that may of been based on what real people looked like in real llife prior to that. But soon as Street Fighter costumes hit Home that Changed the FACE of HOME and made it what is is today!  Without those Home would still be PLAIN And BORING as it was prior to SF 2009! 

So if u see a Female avatar on Home these days don't go around Assuming that's it's a Real GIRL it may just be a GUY who has that costume because it comes from one of there Favorite Video Games?  So Don't just a Book by it's Cover! Or in Home's case Don't judge an Avatar based on it's Sex...   U will most likely be fooling only urselfs if u do so!

HA HA!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 92 of 122 (576 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Apr 30, 2012

my reasons....

-i don't take Home seriously enough to care what gender avatar i'm using

-i'm a cartoonist/comic artist, any male or female character i draw, i like to duplicate on Home.

-female avatars are better to look at

-female avatars get some awesome outfits

like fighting games or games featuring female protagonists, no one seems to question why a guy uses a female character. i'm always befuddled as to why in Home it seems to be a big deal...maybe to guys trying to hook up and look for a girlfriend...oy vey!

and i love how guys just know your sexual orientation based on what gender avatar one uses...idiots. what one does in the virtual has nothing to do with the real world, usually...but one has to be mature enough to understand that.

"human contact is awesome, try it sometimes"
Message 93 of 122 (578 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Apr 30, 2012

HalfManHalfNerd wrote:

2 reasons why guys buy female clothing on home

1. To deceive people.

or

2. They play for the "other" team

I'm really tired of seeing being gay or a scammer as the only reasons for why a male would use a female avatar. Most males who use a female avatar do it for a very simple reason. They have very little interest in staring at some guys butt for several hours at a time.

Message 94 of 122 (578 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Hey, have you all looked at the Dead Island Female Zombie outfit? I mean really, if you like ZOMBIES, what guy could resist buying that?

Posted Image

Message 95 of 122 (578 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13983 posts

Oct 3, 2012

My reasons behind using a female avatar

1. I found some of the female clothes and items more appealing than the male ones.

2. I use my female avatar to impress my female PSN friends and show them the clothes my female avatar is wearing and see if it's worth getting.

3. I enjoy using the female avatar as much as my male avatar.

4. I sometimes use the female avatar to protect my female friends from would-be pervs and stalkers.

5. I enjoy making avatars and dressing my male and female avatars in different clothes and accessories to have original results.

6. I use it for harmless fun and not for selfish purposes.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 96 of 122 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

this is rather silly and honestly im quite disgusted with people worrying about what another person chooses to do. people wake up every morning and scream"IM DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ESLE IN THE WORLD" and then turn around and bash other people for being different. a guy/girl using a avatar of the oppisite sex does not mean they are gay and/or a tranny and even if they were ITS THEIR OWN BUSINESS!!!. i dont see anyone getting all geeked over someone using a female character in a video game. millions of guys play re5 and tomb raider, does that mean they are a cross dresser for playing as lara and sheeva ? to the people concerned with getting personal or prying into others business, playing captain save a ho( when theres a simple ignore button) and the so called exposers , get a life. either enjoy home for what it is or dont login plain and simple. threads likethis always become a mile long when theres more importantissues that can be discussed. its funny this very topic was discussed on an episode of curb your enthusiasm (officer krupke). KRUP YOU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 97 of 122 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

In the end, does it really matter?

I look at everyone in Home as a fellow (and equal) gamer. I treat each fairly and equally, without prejudice. It is how a person interacts with the community (and myself) that will determine how I deal and interact with them.

VERY VERY TRUE

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 98 of 122 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Oct 3, 2012
As long as they aren't harming anyone or using it to trick people or get something they usually wouldn't then what's the problem? Smiley Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 99 of 122 (475 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I don't believe the thread was created to bash, criticize or humiliate males that use female avatars.  Maybe some of our community member do not agree with this, but that is their sentiment/opinion and they have a right to it.  I have posted this question before (not on the forums) but to male friends of mine that do use female avatars and they were not able to give me a good reason as of why they do this, mostly telling me that they do it out of sheer boredom. 

This is fine and all, it really doesn't matter but I have to say curiosity does sit in and make one wonder why this is done in the first place especially when we all know that if your a female avalar your most likely gonna get harassed my male avatars. I have seen this very often and then the males wearing female clothes get mad and start cursing the male avis hitting on them, What did they think was gonna happen? 

In the end I really don't care what others chose to do but what I do have a problem with is those males that dress like females and do it to mislead people or to get other males to buy them psn cards and that's just wrong.  I know what everyone is gonna say that they are stupid for doing so, but you never know some might be new to PSH and may not be aware of this tactic.  It is not my place to be judgmental of what people do on home or anywhere else for that matter, but it is indeed up to us whether we do it with good intentions or with bad ones. 

Message 100 of 122 (444 Views)