Apr 11 2014
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4541 posts

Guide to the Easter Egg Hunt game in Spring Acorn Meadows Park

[ Edited ]
68 replies 1456 views Edited May 7, 2014

Some people have posted having trouble understanding this game, and it hasn't helped any that currently there is an issue with the game where people are finding the egg with the daily reward, but their accounts are not showing the additional acorns and/or XP.

As far as this issue, I'm happy to say VeeMee knows about this and has responded:

@veemee_graham  wrote:  "Thanks for the messages, we're taking a look into this right now and will let you know more when we have more information. "

UPDATE: As of April 23, the daily reward is working properly:

Day 1 = 10 xp

Day 2 = 20 xp

Day 3 = 30 xp + 5 acorns

Day 4 = 40 xp

Day 5 = 50 xp +10 acorns

Day 6 = 60 xp

Day 7 = 70 xp +15 acorns + *20 xp & **Golden Leg Outfit reward

Day 8 = 80 xp

Day 9 = 90 xp

Day 10 = 100 xp + 20 acorns

Day 11 = 110 xp

Day 12 = 120 xp + 25 acorns

Day 13 = 130 xp

Day 14 = 140 xp + 30 acorns

Day 15 = 150 xp

Day 16 = 160 xp

* Completing 7 Days of Easter challenge (find the golden egg with the daily reward 7 days in a row)

** This reward is the same one for gifting 10 Spring consumables.  The reward we were suppose to get is the Giant Egg Locomotion - Gold and instead is now located in the Spring Park Kiosk by the main bridge, and is available for free.

As for the game, perhaps this guide might help explain how it works, and help others find the golden eggs a bit quicker.

First of all, to start the game walk up to the golden statue of the Easter Bunny located to the right side of the bottom of the stairs leading to the park's fountain near the main spawn point:

01DSCN4149b.jpg

When you press X you should see the following message:

02DSCN4142b.jpg

Now the instructions are not as clear as they could be, as some report that the game just quit after finding just one or two eggs - but this is because if you happen to find the egg that has the daily reward, the game will make you quit.  So you will only collect three eggs IF the first two didn't have the daily reward.

This is the message you should get if you pick up a golden egg that doesn't have the daily reward:

03DSCN4133b.jpg

And this is the message you should get if you pick up the egg that does have the daily reward (actual reward will increase with each each successive day) :

04DSCN4137b.jpg

If after finding the egg with the daily reward in it you go back to the statue you'll see the Play option is shaded out, and if you still click on it, you should see the following message:

05DSCN4138b.jpg

The daily reset is based on the server clock (Midnight GMT) - which currently is 5pm PST.  Once it resets you can play again.

Also, an important WARNING:  

Home has been acting very wonky lately, and one of the things that can happen, and has happened to my alt account is that sometimes it wont update your progress in the Park, which in this case means it wont save that you played the Egg Hunt game even when you did, and thus, if you go back the next day it will reset the daily reward to day 1's 10 xp. :smileysad:

So after you complete the Egg Hunt and find the daily reward, be sure to click on the Statue before you leave and make sure you get the message that says "You have performed your actions for today."

Before I get to where you might find these eggs, here are some other things that might be helpful to know about how this game works.

First of all, when the game starts it will make three golden eggs appear randomly in three of the many different designated spots in the space (so far I have found 13 spots).  The eggs move up and down to help see them more easily, and can be spotted from quite a distance away, making it easier to find them from certain advantageous spots, like near the fountain and across the bridge.

In fact, once you are familiar with all the possible locations, you'll find you can find these eggs fairly quickly by following a specific path that allows you to quickly check the locations from a distance.

If you quit the game by accident before finding the egg with the daily reward, simply go back to the statue and click play again.  The eggs will reappear in the exact same spots.

However, if you leave the park and come back, it will randomly pick three new designated spots.  This can be useful if you feel you are stuck and can't find the egg with the reward in it.

OK, so here are the designated spots I have found so far.  I'll keep them in a spoiler tag for those who would rather enjoy discovering them on their own.  If you know of another location, feel free to share it here, but keep it in a spoiler tag as well.  Thanks!

I've placed these in the order I found was fastest to check them when playing the game:

Spoiler

1) By the main gate.

11DSCN4140b.jpg

2) By the bridge closest to the waterfall.

12DSCN4159b.jpg

3) Behind the Gifting Tree.

13DSCN4163b.jpg

The next two possible locations are inside the bunny hole (located under the main bridge and that leads to where the train tunnel is):

DSCN4166b.jpg

As you walk through the tunnel, there is a split in the tunnel which is easy to miss unless you turn up the brightness on your TV or increase the gamma settings in your Home Options Display menu.  Personally, I prefer to keep the gamma setting at 50%, but before taking the following pics I cranked it all the way up to 100%:

14DSCN4147b.jpg

4) At the back of the dead end part of the tunnel.

14DSCN4148b.jpg

5) Near the tracks at the end of the tunnel on the left.

15DSCN4153b.jpg

6) By the tree near the main spawn point.

16DSCN4128b.jpg

7) Under the deck of the paddle boat stand closest to the main spawn point.

17DSCN4160b.jpg

8) Under the main bridge on the opposite side of the fountain.

18DSCN4158b.jpg

9) Near the tree past the Spring Kiosk stand.

19DSCN4161b.jpg

10) Near the bike rental shop (tricky to see as the park sign can block your view depending on where you are looking from).

20DSCN4141b.jpg

11) In the corner by the hedges, near the bike rental shop.

21DSCN4144b.jpg

12) To the left of the skate park area.

22DSCN4165b.jpg

13) On the opposite side of the skate park from spot #12 (no pic yet)

14) To the left and behind the other paddle boat stand.

23DSCN4162b.jpg

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 69 (1,456 Views)
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Re: Guide to the Easter Egg Hunt game in Spring Acorn Meadows Park

Apr 11, 2014

Good Job on the guide, it is very detailed and helps ith the pictures, i have been lucky enough to find all my eggs but from your pictures presented here i see other areas i have yet to collect a egg from (bike rack and beside bridge).

I hve also noticed issues with the Acorns rewarded not being added, but i wont worry as its a good game to play overall.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 2 of 69 (1,442 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Nice giude. This makes it much easier, thanks.

Message 3 of 69 (1,413 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Apr 11, 2014
Awesome, thanks @D-Nitrate! So far I've only seen (10-11-2), (8) and (2) myself, but this will make hunting much easier. You rawk!

Message 4 of 69 (1,407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Apr 12, 2014

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Heart

Oh my bunny ears are twitching now with joy! 

I should be able to find the eggs now with such a wonderful map D, greatly appreciated!.Smiley Happy

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 5 of 69 (1,272 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 12, 2014

Another nice guide, D. I thought this whole time I was doing something wrong when I'd have no option other than "O quit" after finding only 1 or 2 eggs, so that's a relief. Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 69 (1,245 Views)
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Apr 12, 2014

This is very useful, thanks

Message 7 of 69 (1,231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Apr 12, 2014

This is a super guide D, thankyou for taking the time to write it up.

There was one I just couldnt find, I started to think it didnt exist, but your guide guided me to it. Thankyou Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 69 (1,187 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Apr 12, 2014

Very helpful D, thank you very much. I played this last night for the first time and didn't understand the bit about eggs only appearing until you find the reward egg.

Message 9 of 69 (1,182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
665 posts

Apr 12, 2014
Well done @D-Nitrate! Very kind thing to do. Your my new best friend. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 69 (1,171 Views)
0 Likes