Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: Guide to the Easter Egg Hunt game in Spring Acorn Meadows Park

Apr 12, 2014

Here is a Easter egg hunt guide for you , go to a real Easter egg hunt. Because you won't be able to get into home to do the Acorn version since home its been hacked and Sony won't admit it or fix it.

Message 11 of 69 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2014

Quick follow up question. I saw somewhere, or... at least... I think I did, (I may have dreamed it and I'm just loosing my mind) that people were getting experience and/or acorns as a reward for finding the eggs. I have only gotten the message about experience points, no acorns. So, does it ever give out acorns or not? I'm 10 acorns shy of the bunny suit, and with so many people buying acorns and not getting them, I was hoping to catch a few free ones in these eggs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 69 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Apr 13, 2014

This will be loads of help.  Thank you for this most excellent guide, D-Nitrate.  

Message 13 of 69 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Apr 13, 2014
Julian,

I've had mixed messages. Today, I got the message I had won 50XP and 10 acorns, but only ever received the XP. But yesterday, I had a message saying I had earnt 40XP and no acorns mentioned, but when I checked my account I had been credited with 5 acorns and the 40XP.

It all seems a bit random at the moment, so far i don't think I've received what the prompt said but at least yesterday it was in my favor.

I guess all you can of is keep doing the hunts and check your account, and hopefully you'll pick up the extra acorns you need.

Good luck Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 69 (467 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 13, 2014

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Julian,

I've had mixed messages. Today, I got the message I had won 50XP and 10 acorns, but only ever received the XP. But yesterday, I had a message saying I had earnt 40XP and no acorns mentioned, but when I checked my account I had been credited with 5 acorns and the 40XP.

It all seems a bit random at the moment, so far i don't think I've received what the prompt said but at least yesterday it was in my favor.

I guess all you can of is keep doing the hunts and check your account, and hopefully you'll pick up the extra acorns you need.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Thanks Mermaid! At least I didn't just imagine I had seen it posted somewhere. Maybe I already have the acorns that I need and don't even know it! Smiley Surprised

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 69 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
532 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Thank you so vry much for another awesome guide...great job sir I bow to u (*__*) @D-Nitrate

#SpunForever #HappySpunling4Ever
Message 16 of 69 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
192 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Sing it, Brother!

twitter.com/robbiehowell

Message 17 of 69 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4446 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2014

Yesterday, my alt test account received a message when I clicked on the Easter Egg Hunt game (didn't even have to find that day's reward) saying I had completed a new Challenge:

• 7 Days of Easter: Play the egg hunt for 7 consecutive days

Then I immediately got a pop up message that I had received a new reward.  I checked to see what it was, and it appears to be the exact same Gold Egg LMO that you get from the Gifting Tree in the Park after you gift 10 Spring consumables to other people:

acornegg.png

The exact name of the LMO is "Golden Leg Outfit".

Checking the Activity Board confirmed the name of the Challenge and that it did indeed result in a reward.

So for those that want this reward, but don't have or want to spend 50 Acorns, you can get it for free from playing this game 7 days in a row.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 18 of 69 (351 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4446 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

For those wondering about what has been happening to the daily rewards from this game and our progress. @veemee_alan @veemee_bruce @veemee_euan @veemee_graham  or anyone else from VeeMee has yet to reply with any explanation of the issues with the daily reward.  Only that they were looking into it, and nothing since Smiley Frustrated

The problem with not communicating clearly with customers over issues, it only leads to specualtion, and that usually leads to resentment, anger, and arguments.  This is one of the biggest problems frankly with Home in general - the poor level of communication from people in charge in response to problems with the service and or products.

Please VeeMee, don't do the same.

As for specualtion (as that's all we really have to go on right now):

For those playing the first week, many people were not getting any of the daily rewards, others say they got XP, and one says they got acorns.

Now it appears VeeMee reset all out progress in the game (which is why many didn't complete the 7 Days of Easter challenge).

But worse yet, it now appears it is still broken because so far everyone has only been getting 10xp even after the second day.  At this rate you might as well skip this game and just do normal tasks a they pay out a lot more than 10xp and are usually faster to do, and you can do them over and over all day long if you choose.

So far this 'game' is a bit of a rotten egg... and it isn't helping any not to at least get some kind of follow up from anyone at VeeMee.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 19 of 69 (301 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4446 posts

Apr 17, 2014

@SEIZURE_BOX posted a reply they got via Twitter from someone at VeeMee:

SEIZURE_BOX wrote:

I contacted veemee on twitter and they said the free giant egg in the vendor kios was the reward for doing the hunt 7 days in a row. So the only way to get the golden egg LMO is to gift 10 items.

hunt.JPG

So it appears that not only were the daily rewards not working properly (not getting acorns and such), but that the reward for the 7 Day Egg Hunt challenge was messed up and was accidentally giving the Golden Leg Outfit for gifting Spring consumables.

What this doesn't address then is why the daily reward appears to be stuck at 10xp.

"Like it never happened"

Message 20 of 69 (285 Views)
0 Likes