Survivor
1041 posts

Re: Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

Jul 21, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Tang_Ang teased_again:

Today my orange tiger is so upset because he is not yet a tiger mount. Poor Guy...

:^/ Poor guy is wallowing in his own tears....

Good news, Danger Dad. Today my girlfriend Vickie found the orange tiger mount LMO at the yellow commerce point in my clubhouse. Shrrr, I bought the space but never checked the commerce point. Vickie is very smart. She said she's good at shopping...

Now my orange tiger is very happy...

Message 41 of 63 (239 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Jul 21, 2013

This is really a great guide, thank you so much OP and to all who have contributed.

Message 42 of 63 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Jul 22, 2013

add me if you want to see Jewel of the Skies clubhouse you get a free carpet on join

ADD stargatefan2 for home space tours i own 145 spaces
Message 43 of 63 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 23, 2013
I don't see any mention of the Traveler's Sun Tent. I believe I got that at The Haven since I don't have access to the game or The Jewel.
Antonio Xul
Message 44 of 63 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Actually, the Travelers Sun Tent is a reward from Mercia. ^_^

Club: Nachtmere
Message 45 of 63 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Jul 23, 2013

There is one more reward available through Jewel of the Skies--it an unlockable feature that makes it storm in the space. (The icon looks like lightning when shown in the wish list). I don't know the actual name for it because I haven't earned it yet, but Lockwood has confirmed that this feature does, in fact, exist--it is simply very VERY rare and hard to get.

Just letting you know, for the unlockable list for Jewel.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 46 of 63 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2995 posts

Jul 23, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

There is one more reward available through Jewel of the Skies--it an unlockable feature that makes it storm in the space. (The icon looks like lightning when shown in the wish list). I don't know the actual name for it because I haven't earned it yet, but Lockwood has confirmed that this feature does, in fact, exist--it is simply very VERY rare and hard to get.

Just letting you know, for the unlockable list for Jewel.

Photos or it didn't happen.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 47 of 63 (162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

pheonixgate1 - Why do you continue to spread this rumor?

In fact, just last week you posted about the so-called Lightning Atmophere, and not only did you never offer any link to support your claim that this was an available reward, but someone else replied saying that Lockwood had already confirmed that it was only an early concept that was never added to the space.

I give you big kudos for shedding light on the bonus rewards that owners of the Jewel of the Skies space get from wishes at someone else's Jewel space, as well as locating the 2nd teleporter on the bottom level of the Tower at the Kingdom of the Skies space, but your continued insistence that the Lightning Atmosphere is a reward for the Jewel space (even though you yourself have readily admitted that you and all your friends have yet to get, and that Lockwood says was just an early concept) is just adding confusion where it isn't necessary.

I sent a PM to Tim @ Lockwood about this so-called Lightning Atmosphere reward and he mentioned that perhaps you might be confusing it with the Lighting of the Jewel reward which adds several illuminated lanterns to the space... But he did in fact verify that there is no Lightning Atmosphere reward.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 48 of 63 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

Shirobara- wrote:

Help! All I Get Are Carpet Trails!:  Wishes are selected randomly, and each wish has a specific item pool attached to it; if you already have all given rewards from a specific item pool, then you'll only see the reusable ones [i.e., carpet trails]. Sometimes it's just a little bit of luck. There will be days where you get three physical rewards back to back, and days where all you see are carpet trails. If you see you're missing something from the lists below, then just keep trying. It will come to you eventually.

LockwoodLKWD on twitter offers this in addition, for those who would like the numbers: "There's a 30-37% chance to get each reward & the trails are always available, so your chances diminish when you've less to get."

Great explanation.  Just to clarify things a bit though, the 30-37% chance refers to the chance of getting one of the item rewards (not a new reward that you have not gotten already) instead of getting one of the Carpet Trails.  So basically on average you will only see one item reward out of three choices with each round of wishes.  And if the item reward it randomly picks is one you already have earned then that wish will be empty (which is why the further along you get, the more frequently you will get wishes with one or two blank choices).

What Lockwood has not confirmed, but I always suspected is that some item rewards have a higher probability of getting than others, and from testing this theory out it does appear that is the case.

Using 10 accounts, here are the average number of wishes it took to get each of the rewards at the Haven of the Skies clubhouse as well as the range (fewest number of wishes to most number of wishes to get that specific reward):

Table2.716
Chair3.118
Divider3.919
Tall Lamp418

Sword9.9122
Pillows11.5428
Bed12127
Hanging Lamp12.5328

Considering how close the average is for the first four rewards (Table, Chair, Divider, and Tall lamp) and how close the average is for the last four rewards (Sword, Pillows, Bed, and Hanging Lamp), I suspect that with a much larger test group, each of these two groups of rewards would show an even closer average.

Thus I feel it is safe to say that you have 3-4 times the chance of getting a reward from the first group of rewards than you do the second group of rewards. 

As such, if you are starting out now, when you see a reward from the second group pop up early, choose it before any of the ones from the frist group as the likely hood of it poping up again anytime soon is far less than a reward from the first group.

I also suspect the same could be said for the item rewards from the other two Skies spaces as well.  But it was easier and more efficient to test this in the clubhouse space.

That said, if someone has already earned over 40 wishes and is still missing a reward, then they may want to contact customer support.  Yes, it is certainly possible (and unlucky) not to get all 8 rewards after 40 wishes, but considering the odds, it might be worth having someone check their account just to be sure.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 49 of 63 (147 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Jul 23, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

I also suspect the same could be said for the item rewards from the other two Skies spaces as well.  But it was easier and more efficient to test this in the clubhouse space.

For those curious and want to compare results here is the order of rewards I got from the Kingdom of Skies space and how many wishes it took before it came up:

1Flaming Brazier1
2Floating Lanterns2
3Minotaur Statue - Stone3
4Jewel of the Skies Concept Art - Interior View4
5Firefly Lamp5
6Jewel of the Skies Concept Art - Ariel View6
7Arabian Couch - Cerulean8
8Jewel of the Skies Concept Art - Dark Genie10
9Furaha the White Monkey11
10Jewel of the Skies Concept Art - Light Genie12
11Arabian Royalty Throne Plinth - Cerulean13
12Arabian Divan - Cerulean15
13Minotaur Statue - Gold17
14Jewel of the Skies Concept Art - Atmospheres20
15Arabian Royalty Throne Canopy - Cerulean32

"Like it never happened"

Message 50 of 63 (141 Views)
0 Likes