Jul 20 2013
By: Ren_Echo Uncharted Territory 868 posts

Guide to GROW HOME

[ Edited ]
23 replies 931 views Edited Nov 28, 2013

Hello and welcome to Ren's Guide to GROW HOME. There doesn't seem to be much information on the forum about these yet so I thought I'd start this guide. I'm not quite sure how these work yet so I'll be editing this as I learn more. Let's start with the basics.

The GROW HOME items are located in the VeeMee store under the GROW HOME tile. There are five different plants to choose from and each is $1.99. There is also a bundle available with all five for $5.49. After purchase they can be found in the Appliances tile. Each plant is an active item and takes up 10 slots. Note that the cherry blossom will require more room around it than the other plants as it will be quite a bit larger when fully grown.

As the plants grow, they will level up. Here is what they look like to start:

LEVEL 1:

Blue Delphinium :                                       Poinsettia:                                                     Cherry Blossom

White Jasmine:                                           Sunflower Bush:

To start growing, walk up to a plant and hit x to go to the GROW HOME splash screen for that plant, then move on to the PLANT HEALTH screen. This screen will show the level of your plant (8 total) as well as three status bars: leaves, roots, and growth. These will change as your plant grows. At level one the leaves and growth bars will be grayed out.

The next page is the Actions Screen. This screen also has three bars: pruning, water, and feed. At level one the pruning bar will be grayed out. You are given 10 points per day to distribute to these bars. The points should be distributed based on the status bars on the previous screen.  After that, you're done until the next day. 

From what I've been able to determine, Feed on the Actions Screen will influence the Leaves status bar, Water on the Actions Screen will influence the Roots status bar, and Pruning on the Actions Screen will influence the Growth status bar.

You don't need to spend all 10 points. One or two points in a catagory is probably all that is needed (thanks Squint421 and Elway358).

Once a plant is fully grown, you no longer need to care for them (thanks Elway358).

Day 1: Initial placement of plants. Since I'm just starting out I put five on water and five on feed. Don't use so much, one or two is all you need.

Day 2 Update: I was a little concerned after reading Squint421's and Elway358's posts because of the amount of water and feed I gave my plants on day 1 but I think I'll be ok. All of the plants are now at level two and reacted in the same way. Assuming that I want to be at the 50% mark for leaves and roots and a little higher for growth, I'm now at 75% leaves, 60% roots, & 55% growth so I'm a bit high on leaves. I've decided to give my plants only one feed today. Note that the game doesn't give an actual percentage, these are just rough estimates.

LEVEL 2

Blue Delphinium :                                       Poinsettia:                                                     Cherry Blossom  

Day 3 Update: All plants are now at level 3. Leaves went up to about 80% and is getting close to the red zone at the top of the status bar which is not good. I probably shouldn't have used feed yesterday. However roots went down to about 55% and growth went down to about 51% which is where I want to be. This time I gave each plant one water, hopefully leaves will come down tomorrow.

LEVEL 3:

Blue Delphinium :                                       Poinsettia:                                                     Cherry Blossom  

Day 4 Update: All plants are now at level 4. Leaves stayed the same at 80% so I didn't end up in the red zone. Roots went up to about 65% and growth went down to about 45%. This time I gave each plant two prunings. The cherry blossom is starting to get large, I had to zoom out to take its picture.

LEVEL 4:

Day 5 Update: All plants are now at level 5. Leaves finally dropped to about 70% and roots stayed at 65%. Growth went down to about 42% which was unexpected. I gave each plant two prunings, hopefully this will bring up growth tomorrow.

LEVEL 5:

Day 6 Update: All plants are now at level 6. Leaves are at 70%. Roots went up to 70%. Growth went down to about 45% which was again unexpected. I gave each plant one water. I need to bring growth up while dropping roots and leaves.

LEVEL 6:

Day 7 Update: All plants are now at level 7. Leaves are at 65% and roots are at 70%. Growth went down to about 40%. I gave each plant two prunings and one feed. 

LEVEL 7:

Day 8 Update: All plants are now at level 8 (max level) and the rewards are all available. Leaves and roots are around 70%. Growth went down to about 35%. Although the plants are fully grown I gave each plant two prunings, one feed, and one water just to see what happens. Note that all the plants are animated.

LEVEL 8:

Blue Delphinium :                                  

Poinsettia:                                                     

Cherry Blossom

White Jasmine:        

Sunflower Bush:

Here are the rewards from each plant. These can be gifted to any visitor to your space.

Blue Delphinium :                                      

Poinsettia:                                                    

Cherry Blossom:

White Jasmine:          

Sunflower Bush:

Remember to love your plants. Smiley Happy

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Baylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1 of 24 (931 Views)
Uncharted Territory
868 posts

Re: Guide to GROW HOME

Jul 20, 2013
With 8 levels I may run out of room in the first post so I'll use this one in case I run out.
"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Baylon 5

Message 2 of 24 (892 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to do this guide, I've been very close to buying them but not quite sure how they worked, so will be reading your thread with a lot of interest as your plants grow.

I like plants so am sure to get some soon Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 24 (886 Views)
PlayStation MVP
633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

I've completed them all and i'm waiting till around X-Mas for the poinsettia. To get up to level 8 you need to keep the water and feed at the central point and keep the growth around half way between the central point and max. A little bit of water and feed go a long way so don't over do them. 1 or 2 points for water and feed is all that is needed most of the time. The same for pruning as well once you get the growth to the 3/4ths mark. Once you have it stable just add 1 point of water or feed to keep your levels going up and some pruning when necessary. Most important you do not want to use up all 10 points every time you check the plant for the day or you will be waiting forever for the levels to stabilize again which means leaving it alone for a week or more. If you would like to see the finished products or need any help with your guide just hit me up on the XMB.

They are definitely worth getting. The rewards are nice to. Unfortunately there is only one reward item per plant but they are nicely made rewards. SPOILER ALERT: They end up as a animated item in the end.

Message 4 of 24 (863 Views)
Uncharted Territory
868 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Thanks Squint421, I didn't see any directions on what to do so I figured there would be a lot of trial and error to figure it out. Looks like you've already done that so that should make things easier.

Message 5 of 24 (844 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jul 20, 2013
Spoiler
I use 10 points per day in feed, until the line came down, after 10 points per day in pruning, until the line came down, after only 1 point of water per day, Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 24 (833 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Ren_Echo wrote:
With 8 levels I may run out of room in the first post so I'll use this one in case I run out.

You shouldn't, my MiniBot guide thread has at least 20 images, and still is letting me post. I'm curious how this pans out, so best of luck. Smiley Tongue

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 7 of 24 (811 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

I'm no expert, but this doesn't look like a poinsettia.

audrey2.jpg

Message 8 of 24 (788 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1374 posts

Jul 20, 2013

I got the bundle back when they were released and have them all fully grown now as well. As others have said, DO NOT try and use up all the points per day. This will get your plants way out of wack and cause you to have to wait days and days or start all over(quickest fix) to get them healthy and leveling up again.

One other important note, Once you get them fully grown, you no longer need to care for them anymore. They will stay in full grown, healthy condition. Also something I like is that you have to manually choose guests to gift instead of a gift upon space entry kinda deal.

The 10 slot item alocation is kinda hefty but they are definately neat items.

Message 9 of 24 (760 Views)
Uncharted Territory
868 posts

Jul 20, 2013

KatCall75 wrote:

I'm no expert, but this doesn't look like a poinsettia.

audrey2.jpg

Welcome back to the forums, your humor is sorely needed here these days. As far as the plant in your picture is concerned you're right, that's not a poinsettia, its actually a piranha plant. They like to live in pipes and eat plumbers. Smiley Wink

Hopefully, this experiment won't go awry like my last one (see my post here:  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Granzella-Fossil-Collection-and-Guide/m-p/40...). PETA and the ASPCA are all over me after that incident. I have stricter protocols in place this time so I don't expect a Little Shop of Horrors situation to develop. Smiley Embarassed

Message 10 of 24 (742 Views)